The SPFL recommendation?

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I put it to you Dear Friend, that you would not have the slightest interest in any pressing need for a reset, had Falkirk acquired one more point this season.

The set up is terrible with the prospect of facing the same teams 6 times a season, the trouble is the old formats  didnt suit the agenda and we ended up with the ESS PEE HELL which was effectively a closed shop. We are at the stage we have a format where the 2nd bottom club gets to play 2 more games as opposed to a team thats played 6 games by the time they get to the final final, Other than doing away with the relegation slot its the closest we have to a closed shop.  It would be better to go back to bigger leagues and play each other home and away the rest of the games can be made up with the diddy cup and the scottish cup.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The set up is terrible with the prospect of facing the same teams 6 times a season, the trouble is the old formats  didnt suit the agenda and we ended up with the ESS PEE HELL which was effectively a closed shop. We are at the stage we have a format where the 2nd bottom club gets to play 2 more games as opposed to a team thats played 6 games by the time they get to the final final, Other than doing away with the relegation slot its the closest we have to a closed shop.  It would be better to go back to bigger leagues and play each other home and away the rest of the games can be made up with the diddy cup and the scottish cup.

Said with all the conviction of someone who has been asleep for 45 years.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Said with all the conviction of someone who has been asleep for 45 years.

We can all talk about reconstruction till we are blue in the face but the end of the day its got every chance of history repeating we change format for 2 seasons we see 3 teams relegated and it goes back to be a closed shop until 10 teams resign to form their own league again.

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Mate, you don't need to convince me of how dismal the SPL was, or of how stacked the play-offs are in favour of the top flight side, despite the fact that the eventual arrival of such play-offs has been welcome.

It doesn't alter, however, my conviction that your dissatisfaction and impatience for change, has been excited by the fact that Falkirk is one of the sides, perceived to have been penalised by the irregular way this season has been concluded.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Mate, you don't need to convince me of how dismal the SPL was, or of how stacked the play-offs are in favour of the top flight side, despite the fact that the eventual arrival of such play-offs has been welcome.

It doesn't alter, however, my conviction that your dissatisfaction and impatience for change, has been excited by the fact that Falkirk is one of the sides, perceived to have been penalised by the irregular way this season has been concluded.

We're kind of used to it, i think most of us are of the mindset that we will see next season if there is one in league 1 but if matters change that it benefits us then so be it.  End of the day had it not been for Hearts being in the relegation slot and threatening legal action we wouldnt even have reconsturction on the table well that and a dodgy vote to end the season early with the talks of reconstruction if we call an end to the season.

11 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

We are at the stage we have a format where the 2nd bottom club gets to play 2 more games as opposed to a team thats played 6 games by the time they get to the final final, 

Both 11th in the Premiership, and 2nd in the Championship, play 38 games before the Play-Off Final.

Their final game before the first leg is played on the same weekend.

12 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Exactly.

So why have you been so enraged by the others behaving in similar ways?

It's been the pishy for the good of the game statements  and the serious inadequacies of the spfl that's annoyed me. Raith getting promoted has never been a problem.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's been the pishy for the good of the game statements  and the serious inadequacies of the spfl that's annoyed me. Raith getting promoted has never been a problem.

Did Falkirk's and ICT's pishy such statements annoy you too?

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We were  3 1 down before the latest so that's 4 1 at the moment.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What were the three glaring injustices?  Genuine question.

Get it in a PM, please. I couldn't look at it all again.

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What's a such statement?

Eh?

In this instance, a "for the good of the game" one. I'd have thought that would have been clear to the adult reader.  My mistake.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Both 11th in the Premiership, and 2nd in the Championship, play 38 games before the Play-Off Final.
Their final game before the first leg is played on the same weekend.
Don't know why you bother on this point, it comes up every time and is ignored as it doesn't suit the narrative - even though it's an improvement on what came before.

The only alternatives with the same teams involved would be Championship teams twiddling their thumbs for a couple of weeks or the Premiership cramming in another couple of midweek games.

1 hour ago, true_rover said:

Don't know why you bother on this point, it comes up every time and is ignored as it doesn't suit the narrative - even though it's an improvement on what came before.

The only alternatives with the same teams involved would be Championship teams twiddling their thumbs for a couple of weeks or the Premiership cramming in another couple of midweek games.

When we played killie they could rest their players for the fortnight before as they were guaranteed 11th  whilst we were knocking our pan out against hibs. The biggest difference though is that the top flight clubs have over a million quid given to them to build a team compared to a few 100k for the championship. That makes it very difficult to compete over two legs.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

17 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

That’s Hearts relegated.

BBC saying SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said the "clear and unanimous view" of the club was that the games could not be played and that the league can now pay out around £7m of prize money immediately.'  Is that celtic football 'club'? At least he's being honest.🤣🤣

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

BBC saying SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said the "clear and unanimous view" of the club was that the games could not be played and that the league can now pay out around £7m of prize money immediately.'  Is that celtic football 'club'? At least he's being honest.🤣🤣

No, it's all clubs in the division.