The SPFL recommendation?

I hope then that they are all true to their word. Parts of Ann Budge’s latest statement:

"Hearts will shortly submit a member’s resolution that we believe is a pragmatic solution to the issues the game currently faces and a way forward that the clubs can unite behind. It is our belief that this resolution, if supported, will provide an opportunity to avoid disproportionately disadvantaging - financially and otherwise - any club.

Mrs Budge I draw your attention (and SPFL) to the last sentence and indeed the last 2 words in the paragraph!!!

10 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I hope then that they are all true to their word. Parts of Ann Budge’s latest statement:

"Hearts will shortly submit a member’s resolution that we believe is a pragmatic solution to the issues the game currently faces and a way forward that the clubs can unite behind. It is our belief that this resolution, if supported, will provide an opportunity to avoid disproportionately disadvantaging - financially and otherwise - any club.

Mrs Budge I draw your attention (and SPFL) to the last sentence and indeed the last 2 words in the paragraph!!!

Exactly this.

I understand Hearts are raging, its perfectly valid to feel like that.

However this is about self interest.  Ann Budge gives zero fucks as to who comes out of this disadvantaged, as long as it isn't Hearts.  

This season's Scottish cup continues into next season with what will be totally different squads.

This will include Hearts who will then have trimmed their squad to championship numbers and quality.

Sporting integrity my arse!

22 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

This season's Scottish cup continues into next season with what will be totally different squads.

This will include Hearts who will then have trimmed their squad to championship numbers and quality.

Sporting integrity my arse!

Looks like either reconstruction now or a lengthy legal battle.  Could end up being the 2019/2021 scottish cup.at this rate.

Hearts dont have a chance of winning any legal battle, the SPFL laws seem to state the season can be ended before 38 games if theres no alternative, and a vote to end it early was passed democratically. 

Hearts dont have a chance of winning any legal battle, the SPFL laws seem to state the season can be ended before 38 games if theres no alternative, and a vote to end it early was passed democratically. 
Looking at the SPFL's behaviour thoughtout this whole process, I'd be surprised any QC worth his salt couldn't find enough for legal action.

Also as I've said previously, I doubt many of the SPFL officials will be happy to give evidence under oath.

I'll not be surprised if the SPFL will cave in and have reconstruction to save Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer from relegation.

The resultant disadvantaged clubs in league one won't have enough money for legal action and will be shafted.

Sporting integrity?

It's in the SPFL regulations that the season can be called early by the board.

The clubs voted for that, then a healthy majority voted against the prospect of investigating the SPFL's handling of the situation. 

I'm not really sure what Hearts expect to gain from legal action other than an attempt to force through reconstruction.  Surely they don't genuinely think they have a case they can win? 

Edited by CALDERON

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

It's in the SPFL regulations that the season can be called early by the board.

The clubs voted for that, then a healthy majority voted against the prospect of investigating the SPFL's handling of the situation. 

I'm not really sure what Hearts expect to gain from legal action other than an attempt to force through reconstruction.  Surely they don't genuinely think they have a case they can win? 

Difficult to say unless we know all the facts. I still think this reconstruction revisited could simply be a ruse to make sure top flight  teams  get their  prize money before hearts take legal action otherwise that couldve been blocked too which couldve put some really in the shitter.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Looking at the SPFL's behaviour thoughtout this whole process, I'd be surprised any QC worth his salt couldn't find enough for legal action.

Also as I've said previously, I doubt many of the SPFL officials will be happy to give evidence under oath.

I'll not be surprised if the SPFL will cave in and have reconstruction to save Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer from relegation.

The resultant disadvantaged clubs in league one won't have enough money for legal action and will be shafted.

Sporting integrity?

They wouldn't. No rules were broken. Clubs had a vote. The disproven 'bullying and coercion' nonsense has been laughed out of focus. There's no illegality in lobbying. Dundee, as per the rules of the SPFL, were perfectly entitled to do what they did with their vote.

There won't be any reconstruction. Hearts know this and are just playing to their fanbase and also hoping that some folk will fall for their very shitty and transparent bluff. No one will, or at least no major decisions, most notably reconstruction, will happen because of their bluff.

They'll eventually release a statement saying some stuff about how "now is not the time" and how they "need to focus as a club to get back to the Premiership". No doubt they'll take some bitter shots, but that will be the extent of their action once they've been called and shown to have nothing.

I think hearts are deadly serious about legal action this time. I dont think.budge is bluffing at all.  If you were leaving yourself open to changing your mind you wouldnt tell everyone that legal costs were going to be a lot less than the costs of relegation.  Long way to go on this if you ask me unless 6 clubs fold on reconstruction.

Except it won't. No rules were broken.

I think it’s a case of no rules were broken, but the ‘rules’ themselves are somewhat shady......
If that's true its interesting that both Thistle and Rangers QCs say there's a reasonable chance of success in challenging the actions of the SPFL.

I don't claim to be a legal expert but I assume they know what they're talking about.