The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, HibsFan said:

From thinking they might be saved on Friday to a sense of impending doom on Monday evening.

Looks like Hearts have spent their Easter weekend living out a reverse resurrection.  1057047462_JackRoss.png.105d63afa72828bc5365e62afd7caba2.png

That’s v good. But really, we (+ Partick+ Stranraer) are being crucified so that

1.Celtic can go for 9.79 in a row

2. Hamilton escape play offs

3. Motherwell cash in on £0.5m more than expected

4. Hibs can feel better about their 3 years in the Championship

5. Dun Utd, Raith, Cove get their probable/possible deserved promotions.

6 . Desperate teams get their cash (that they could get anyway)

I wonder who had the wherewithal to orchestrate that? Probably not Cove.

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

That’s v good. But really, we (+ Partick+ Stranraer) are being crucified so that

You are being crucified because your team was fucking shite at playing football this season. Win more games = not in this situation and Ann Budge votes yes no questions asked.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

I think you and Partick were going down no matter what happened this season.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

There is nothing on that twitter that suggest it. Either way, making yourself look a fanny is only making yourself look like a fanny, and if that is someone you know tell him he's being a c**t posting something like that about the NHS.

I think you can, I'll need to go find it but there was someone down south that had their collar felt for something similar.

I don't know the guy. Seriously, anyone with basic reading comp can see that he is at it. It really isn't difficult, man.

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

You are being crucified because your team was fucking shite at playing football this season. Win more games = not in this situation and Ann Budge votes yes no questions asked.

To be fair though I do think we could re-organise the league with no relegation this year.  Reduce to Three divisions of 16-14-14 with the two LL and HL champs coming in.  I think we now have a developing and thriving pyramid that we can now afford to get rid of League 2.  There would eventually (the following season) need to be an automatic two relegation from the revised League 1 division.

33 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

spfl rules.jpgIf the SPFL board try to rely on the Dundee vote within the next 24 days, I hope AB has the balls to get the decision set aside in the courts. They can do it again with another vote, but not with this one.

I don't think there is any doubt at this point that Dundee sent a No vote.  I've asked a few times (not trying to be a smart c**t, I genuinely don't know either) where civil - or as others have suggested - criminal law comes into this.  It was a membership association vote with an arbitrary let us know by 5pm if you can deadline. 

Dundee and the SPFL's behaviour has been tragic and Doncaster should not be allowed to survive this. I'm not seeing how this ends up in a courtroom though. Unless Rangers' evidence is released lol.

Just now, Alan Stubbs said:

I don't think there is any doubt at this point that Dundee sent a No vote.  I've asked a few times (not trying to be a smart c**t, I genuinely don't know either) where civil - or as others have suggested - criminal law comes into this.  It was a membership association vote with an arbitrary let us know by 5pm if you can deadline. 

Dundee and the SPFL's behaviour has been tragic and Doncaster should not be allowed to survive this. I'm not seeing how this ends up in a courtroom though. Unless Rangers' evidence is released lol.

Or Doncaster resigns, or is sacked, and we move on with a good reconstruction model

10 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

To be fair though I do think we could re-organise the league with no relegation this year.  Reduce to Three divisions of 16-14-14 with the two LL and HL champs coming in.  I think we now have a developing and thriving pyramid that we can now afford to get rid of League 2.  There would eventually (the following season) need to be an automatic two relegation from the revised League 1 division.

Surprised you want a 16 team top league. Wonder why that could be :lol: 

It would be an interesting setup and bring some freshness but extremely difficult for it to get voted in. 

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

Surprised you want a 16 team top league. Wonder why that could be :lol: 

It would be an interesting setup and bring some freshness but extremely difficult for it to get voted in. 

Im just trying to make sure that all those teams who would be in the play offs get supported.  What other reason could there be.:lol:  To be fair in the Championship with the previous two weeks before lockdown Ayr Utd, Dundee and Inverness were all in that 2nd spot, so it wouldnt be right to promote ICT.

25 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You posted 6 different reasons why it's in the interests of various clubs to vote the way they did. I don't see why you bothered hinting about orchestrating the vote in your last sentence, since the rest of the post makes clear that there's no need for the invisible hand of the SPFL illuminati or the ****** Mafia. Self-interest suffices to explain it. Just as it's in the self-interest of Hearts, Rangers, Inverness, Partick, Edinburgh City, and (until the bribes roll in) Dundee to vote no.

Edited by Aim Here

8 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

It is the Companies Act. But civil, I would have thought - the police and the legal system can’t cope with serious wrongdoings, nevermind what is essentially a small-time matter affecting one medium sized company, one small one and one tiny one. Needs somebody who is bloody minded to pursue it though. Think Annie is too reasonable.

27 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

😄😄  Im sure that's why the majority of clubs voted to end the league during a world wide pandemic. Thanks guys I feel better already.

4 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

You posted 6 different reasons why it's in the interests of various clubs to vote the way they did. I don't see why you bothered hinting about orchestrating the vote in your last sentence, since the rest of the post makes clear that there's no need for the invisible hand of the SPFL illuminati or the ****** Mafia. Self-interest suffices to explain it. Just as it's in the self-interest of Hearts, Rangers, Inverness, Partick, Edinburgh City, and (until the bribes roll in) Dundee to vote no.

Yes, the teams named have clear self interest. Most of the others - including half if the Championship that had a real chance of play offs - voted to give that up. Because the board convinced them that it was the only way to get some wonga quickly. Hopefully we’ll find out if that was done lawfully and properly