The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, jaybeee said:

i

Do you not think real peoples LIVES are slightly more important than jobs?

Obviously.

But how is that relevant?

How does relegating Hearts save lives? This'll be good.

4 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

That’s v good. But really, we (+ Partick+ Stranraer) are being crucified so that

1.Celtic can go for 9.79 in a row

2. Hamilton escape play offs

3. Motherwell cash in on £0.5m more than expected

4. Hibs can feel better about their 3 years in the Championship

5. Dun Utd, Raith, Cove get their probable/possible deserved promotions.

6 . Desperate teams get their cash (that they could get anyway)

I wonder who had the wherewithal to orchestrate that? Probably not Cove.

This one post underlines how silly the arguments against the proposal are.

There are always winners and losers in football.

2019/20 league matches played points won and lost = this seasons winners and losers despite the no. of games played

25 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

We've got two camps that are never ever going to agree.

We've got the 'No' voters and supporters, the righteous ones if you prefer.  Then we have the 'Yes' camp or the self serving scum, that's how I like to think of them.

Now let's be friends and move on. ^_^

😂 Bravo

It makes absolutely no sense to try to negotiate reconstruction with people who have absolutely no power to push through a reconstruction. It needs 11 Premiership clubs to vote it through, and whatever the proposal is, one of Rangers or Celtic will be against. So they are basically banking on every single other Premiership club supporting this.

4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Dundee basically saying nothing apart from they are trying to negotiate reconstruction. Not enough drama in that statement for me. Let down. 

Gutted,had to put the popcorn away ☹️

29 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Okay Guys, I’ve been thinking long and hard about this x

I cannot see ANYWAY how anyone is losing out through my new reconstructed Scottish Football League x

S.Prem
16 Teams, Play each other twice, No Split x

S 2nd Tier
14 Teams, Play each other twice

S 3rd Tier
14 Teams, Play each other twice

But Senor, TV companies want 4 OF games!

Super Cup at the start of the year
League Winner vs Scottish Cup Winner (or the Second Place in the league and cup winner are the same). 9 times out of 10 that’s an OF game at Hampden. OF game number 3.

Also change the Semi Final of the League Cup to 2 legs home and away.

There’s 4 OF games mostly guaranteed, you are all welcome, Scottish football is saved x

Could You Not Little Girl GIF

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It makes absolutely no sense to try to negotiate reconstruction with people who have absolutely no power to push through a reconstruction. It needs 11 Premiership clubs to vote it through, and whatever the proposal is, one of Rangers or Celtic will be against. So they are basically banking on every single other Premiership club supporting this.

A club that vetoes its own vote to its own member organisation is - I suppose - quite capable of thinking that the Premiership will vote 11-1 for reconstruction.

Their behaviour now is beyond bizarre.

24 minutes ago, Eder said:

This one post underlines how silly the arguments against the proposal are.

There are always winners and losers in football.

2019/20 league matches played points won and lost = this seasons winners and losers despite the no. of games played

Yes there are always winners and losers - and you had  almost won the league. Ditto Dundee Utd and Cove. But FFS, Raith were just one point ahead of Falkirk. Partick were just 2 points behind QOS with a game in hand. St Mirren were bottom this time last year and ended up 12 points clear. Hibs hilariously sank like a stone to join us in our admin relegation year. Now, don't get me wrong, we are entirely capable of fucking up the last 8 games and going down entirely on merit after 38 games. But we shouldn't be ejected from an unfinished league. Denying promotion to the nearly-winners of their leagues is less unfair than relegating the nearly losers. But you guys seem too obsessed with "in-a-row" to think rationally.

If monies can now be released to the cash-strapped clubs  then we can find out what the clubs really think is the fairest outcome. To me, it's play the fixtures - even if that is up to a year away. 2nd best option is null and void. Third and last is to call it at the 79% stage. I would like to think I'd hold to that logic even if we had been a point ahead of Hamilton Accies.

Edited by Pet Jeden

Back to my post from yesterday. I think the only probable agreement that will please enough people but not all especially those who were in play off contentions below the second place, will be agreement to expand the spfl to 14 teams, the top 2 from each league is promoted up, with Kelty and Brora added in to spfl2 to allow for this but the other spfl leagues remaining at 10 in each. The same model then also flows down the pyramid into the lower non leagues with promotion but no relegation from all leagues. 

There must be a solution involving a one off season of merging the top two leagues and the bottom two.  So 22 teams and 20 teams.  Play everyone twice over as long as it takes.  At the end of that season use a combination of this seasons positions and that seasons positions to work out what league you go into when we go back to 12,  10,  10, 10.  
A bit complicated but you get credit for this year’s work and no-one is immediately relegated.

it will never work.

4 minutes ago, morley said:

Back to my post from yesterday. I think the only probable agreement that will please enough people but not all especially those who were in play off contentions below the second place, will be agreement to expand the spfl to 14 teams, the top 2 from each league is promoted up, with Kelty and Brora added in to spfl2 to allow for this but the other spfl leagues remaining at 10 in each. The same model then also flows down the pyramid into the lower non leagues with promotion but no relegation from all leagues. 

Do I need to mention 11-1 in the premiership again?

9 minutes ago, morley said:

Brora won't be happy with that.

35 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Exactly. All that Dundee can get out of it is a promise of talks on reconstruction with the rest of the clubs, nothing else can be given to them (friendlies against the big teams and brown envelopes aside).