The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Brora won't be happy with that.

I am sure Bonnyrigg Rose will happily step in to replace them if Brora don't want to take up the chance. With out opening that argument about Brora again but they should remove their SFA licence if they refuse to take promotion to the spfl if it becomes available to them out of all of this. 

Yes there are always winners and losers - and you had  almost won the league. Ditto Dundee Utd and Cove. But FFS, Raith were just one point ahead of Falkirk. Partick were just 2 points behind QOS with a game in hand. St Mirren were bottom this time last year and ended up 12 points clear. Hibs hilariously sank like a stone to join us in our admin relegation year. Now, don't get me wrong, we are entirely capable of fucking up the last 8 games and going down entirely on merit after 38 games. But we shouldn't be ejected from an unfinished league. Denying promotion to the nearly-winners of their leagues is less unfair than relegating the nearly losers. But you guys seem too obsessed with "in-a-row" to think rationally.
If monies can now be released to the cash-strapped clubs  then we can find out what the clubs really think is the fairest outcome. To me, it's play the fixtures - even if that is up to a year away. 2nd best option is null and void. Third and last is to call it at the 79% stage. I would like to think I'd hold to that logic even if we had been a point ahead of Hamilton Accies.
What's fair is you are bottom because your team is shite (were you at Paisley?) Your highly paid players deserve to be relegated.

9 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:
Yes there are always winners and losers - and you had  almost won the league. Ditto Dundee Utd and Cove. But FFS, Raith were just one point ahead of Falkirk. Partick were just 2 points behind QOS with a game in hand. St Mirren were bottom this time last year and ended up 12 points clear. Hibs hilariously sank like a stone to join us in our admin relegation year. Now, don't get me wrong, we are entirely capable of fucking up the last 8 games and going down entirely on merit after 38 games. But we shouldn't be ejected from an unfinished league. Denying promotion to the nearly-winners of their leagues is less unfair than relegating the nearly losers. But you guys seem too obsessed with "in-a-row" to think rationally.
If monies can now be released to the cash-strapped clubs  then we can find out what the clubs really think is the fairest outcome. To me, it's play the fixtures - even if that is up to a year away. 2nd best option is null and void. Third and last is to call it at the 79% stage. I would like to think I'd hold to that logic even if we had been a point ahead of Hamilton Accies.

What's fair is you are bottom because your team is shite (were you at Paisley?) Your highly paid players deserve to be relegated.

First point - agreed. Second point - they would be if they were still there after 38 matches.

At what point do you think it's fair to hand out prizes and relegations? 30 games ? Obviously you think, yes. But what if it had been 25? Or 15? And who do you think the Champions League should be awarded to? Man City? Should  Hearts get the Scottish cup? - I'm told we had the best record at the point the competition stopped.

7 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Should  Hearts get the Scottish cup? - I'm told we had the best record at the point the competition stopped.

Oh jesus suffering f**k.

This is not kickback, you are making a tit of yourself.

Just now, Green Day said:

Oh jesus suffering f**k.

This is not kickback, you are making a tit of yourself.

Of course I don't think we should get the cup. Nor Man City the Champions League. Nor Celtic the SPFL. Pointing out the stupidity of  Northbank's "thinking". Ya tit.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

First point - agreed. Second point - they would be if they were still there after 38 matches.

At what point do you think it's fair to hand out prizes and relegations? 30 games ? Obviously you think, yes. But what if it had been 25? Or 15? And who do you think the Champions League should be awarded to? Man City? Should  Hearts get the Scottish cup? - I'm told we had the best record at the point the competition stopped.

I'll ask again. Do you not realise this is a one off situation never before encountered in Scottish football? It's 30 games simply because that is when the Government forced suspension of the League. It is unique due to tragic circumstances. Forget about your hypothetical questions and focus on the facts - we haven't played 15 or 25 games we played right up until the Government closed us down at 30. What do you not understand about that? 30 game  and it has all stopped. That is the reality.

Scrubbing the Leagues is not an option and your idea of continuing in a year's time is idiotic simply because every team will have a completely different squad. You cannot decide League placings over 8 games with players who did not play in the previous 30 games. For the record I, like possibly most fans, would like the season to finish but it isn't going to happen. The Government won't let it happen, sponsors won't let it happen and UEFA won't let it happen. It has to be called now so we can move forward for the next season whenever that is.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It makes absolutely no sense to try to negotiate reconstruction with people who have absolutely no power to push through a reconstruction. It needs 11 Premiership clubs to vote it through, and whatever the proposal is, one of Rangers or Celtic will be against. So they are basically banking on every single other Premiership club supporting this.

The clubs that will be demoted deserve a transparent process at the very least.

Vote to finalise league positions. If UEFA agree then > vote on reconstruction > reconstruction inevitably gets put down and clubs who voted against justify reasons for doing so (OF cash more important than sporting integrity).

At present the argument at Hearts/Partick/Stranraer is something something but you deserve to go down anyway something something think of the other clubs finances something something people are dying ffs. 

On another note, would it theoretically be possible to expand the Championship and save Partick and Stranraer only (and promote Brora/Kelty) ? Which clubs would vote on that?  

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

I'll ask again. Do you not realise this is a one off situation never before encountered in Scottish football? It's 30 games simply because that is when the Government forced suspension of the League. It is unique due to tragic circumstances. Forget about your hypothetical questions and focus on the facts - we haven't played 15 or 25 games we played right up until the Government closed us down at 30. What do you not understand about that? 30 game  and it has all stopped. That is the reality.

Scrubbing the Leagues is not an option and your idea of continuing in a year's time is idiotic simply because every team will have a completely different squad. You cannot decide League placings over 8 games with players who did not play in the previous 30 games. For the record I, like possibly most fans, would like the season to finish but it isn't going to happen. The Government won't let it happen, sponsors won't let it happen and UEFA won't let it happen. It has to be called now so we can move forward for the next season whenever that is.

Yeah, but do Hearts get the Scottish cup or what?

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Null and void can’t be an option. If you null and void all of the leagues there can be no money paid out, as the season didn’t exist and no teams would have any league placing.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Null and void can’t be an option. If you null and void all of the leagues there can be no money paid out, as the season didn’t exist and no teams would have any league placing.

Presumably no team could qualify for European competitions.    If there are any.

Apologies if this has already been said.

I'm sure Sevco would release a statement against that.  If there is going to be a league restructure it cant happen for next season.  Perhaps the season after.  But teams still need the threat of relegation otherwise whats the point?  Say that we agree that the 21/22 season will see a bigger league but with no relegation from the 20/21 season preceding it.  What's to stop the teams around the bottom like Accies or St Mirren to really not give a toss and play who they like if there is no threat?

Also when Oldco went kaboom, Dunfy still got the chop.

Edited by Lofarl

14 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

1. Null and void is not an option because......?

2. But squads are not fixed in July are they? There are signing in Aug and in January and free agent signings throughout the season. 

As you say, it's is an exceptional time, needing an exceptional solution. Just a question of finding the least unfair solution. 

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

1. Null and void is not an option because......?

2. But squads are not fixed in July are they? There are signing in Aug and in January and free agent signings throughout the season. 

As you say, it's is an exceptional time, needing an exceptional solution. Just a question of finding the least unfair solution. 

FFS you are not getting null and void which had been explained umpteen times to you

23 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

On another note, would it theoretically be possible to expand the Championship and save Partick and Stranraer only (and promote Brora/Kelty) ? Which clubs would vote on that?  

It would definitely be possible. All the clubs would vote on it as usual, but you would assume the Premiership clubs might not be too bothered.