The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Have I got this right? You recognise that a BBC journalist is insinuating that the SPFL chairman has been telling “lies about loans”.  But your main concern is about his writing style?

52A8FA2E-7850-4245-A85A-AA844F080F3C.jpeg

Well, considering writing is a basic fucking skill for a journalist then aye, it does concern me, yes.

But as I've said, it's dreadful all round.

Edited by Speroni*1

44 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

That is a horrendous article from Tom English.

I think yer right  ..Shittstirring for whatever reason ..{ And i like Tom English } ..Anybody from any side of this whole f@ckin shambles knows that A LOAN IS A LOAN AND NEEDS REPAYED with legal conditions.. Advancement of money is WHAT YOU WID GET _JUST A WEE BIT EARLY..Its got to the stage now that i know one thing , As supporters of our national game we cannot trust most of the people who run ANY of it and the media make it worse ..IT all started with a lost Email in a spam folder 🤣

So we are back to sevco crying for handouts (loans) with no interest.

Why didn't the **** just ask a bank for a loan? Or take it out if their own money? or get it from one of their directors?

31 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Why didn't the **** just ask a bank for a loan? Or take it out if their own money? or get it from one of their directors?

qwGYgsKSUeTfTY8txaZEB-PKmmeiCdjGKf3uZkPG

Have the ***s rocked Scottish football to its core with their dossier of absolutely f**k-all yet?

If not, any timescale? It'll save me having to check the Chronicles of the Banter Years thread for the usual laughter and piss-taking on a daily basis. 

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

I really don't want to fill a post with 'Ha ha ha',  so I won't.

Generally I have time for Tom English but not on this occassion. He bangs a drum about needing answers so why did he not ask the questions when he had Les Gray available for an hour two weeks ago on national radio? And English misrepresented some answers he did get along with Michael Stewart. For example both were screaming that clubs were needing the money yet 5 chairmen of different clubs in different leagues all stated it was not about the money but they needed clarity so they could plan ahead.

And someone else asked about loans to Clubs. The answer was that if loans were given to every club and some of those clubs went under then the loan would not be paid back. Say Sevco who are £10m in debt got a large loan and went under again then the SPFL would have lost that money.

I feel sorry for the Board (never thought I'd ever say that). All 42 clubs have different views and the Board are trying to find a consensus to move things forward. But bickering and ill informed journalists do not help.

Have the ***s rocked Scottish football to its core with their dossier of absolutely f**k-all yet?
If not, any timescale? It'll save me having to check the Chronicles of the Banter Years thread for the usual laughter and piss-taking on a daily basis. 
Cheers. 
Next week apparently, when they go back up their grans bit where they left it.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:
15 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
Cheers. 

Next week apparently, when they go back up their grans bit where they left it.

I hope their gran hasn't got a dog.

11 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Generally I have time for Tom English but not on this occassion. He bangs a drum about needing answers so why did he not ask the questions when he had Les Gray available for an hour two weeks ago on national radio? And English misrepresented some answers he did get along with Michael Stewart. For example both were screaming that clubs were needing the money yet 5 chairmen of different clubs in different leagues all stated it was not about the money but they needed clarity so they could plan ahead.

And someone else asked about loans to Clubs. The answer was that if loans were given to every club and some of those clubs went under then the loan would not be paid back. Say Sevco who are £10m in debt got a large loan and went under again then the SPFL would have lost that money.

I feel sorry for the Board (never thought I'd ever say that). All 42 clubs have different views and the Board are trying to find a consensus to move things forward. But bickering and ill informed journalists do not help.

Advancement of prize money due to the clubs, which despite MacLennans denials had already happened fairly recently. 

They misled the clubs to pass their vote.

Tom English doesn't appear to be letting this go.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Advancement of prize money due to the clubs, which despite MacLennans denials had already happened fairly recently. 

They misled the clubs to pass their vote.

Tom English doesn't appear to be letting this go.

Does the SPFL actually have the prize money or do they have to wait until the season finishes before sponsors make final payments?

9 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

SPFL porkies again, eh?

Tut tut.

Can only assume you didnt actually read it.

Hes genuinely written an article claiming hes found evidence the SPFL board can loan clubs money, and how its bollocks that they can only advance end of season payments, and then in the article said that the only evidence he could find is of the SPFL advancing end of season payments.

Hes well down the rabbit hole on this one.

This is classic Scottish football. The clubs appoint weak and low talent executives into positions at the SPFL (and SFA). Something out of the ordinary happens. These weak and low talent executives make a mess of it and the clubs get the chance to scream blue murder.

Repeat ad nauseam for weeks on end. Meanwhile the clubs continue to focus on infighting and a hastily arranged reconstruction at the very time we need them to come together to work out a way to safeguard each other, to allow us to restart with 42 clubs as far as possible.

It's beyond boring now. Our clubs are genuinely pathetic and small time in their approach at times. If nothing else, it shows up how there is a need for stronger executive leadership at the top of our game who focus on the important issues of the day instead of accommodating the absolute nonsense of just now.

But hey ho, it ain't gonna change as the clubs like it this way.

35 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Which is why it was so wrong to tie disbursing prize money to voting to call the leagues. Didn’t have to be via a loan - payments could have been offered up to say 90% level of current league position, leaving £2.5m as a fund to cover any team that fails to do any final adjustment if we ever play the last 8 games. 

Which is why it was so wrong to tie disbursing prize money to voting to call the leagues. Didn’t have to be via a loan - payments could have been offered up to say 90% level of current league position, leaving £2.5m as a fund to cover any team that fails to do any final adjustment if we ever play the last 8 games. 
Hearts riding the coat tails of the sevco "prize money, phone calls" issue hoping it saves them from relegation.

What a disgusting club.

17 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Hearts riding the coat tails of the sevco "prize money, phone calls" issue hoping it saves them from relegation.

What a disgusting club.

Yup. That’s a reasoned reply to the point. You’ve got me there. Fair enough.