Vehicles From Strange Countries You've Seen In Strange Places

No joke, there's a battered old white Fiat Uno on French plates I sometimes see parked up in Gorgie. Duke of Edinburgh obviously storing it in a low-key spot in case it needs called into action again. Will try and get a pic if I spot it some time. 

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Was in the retail park car park behind me the other day and a Trans Am pulled up not unlike the one below.  Bit odd for just off the Kingsway IMO

Last Surviving 'Smokey & The Bandit' Pontiac Trans Am Up For Auction

Used to see someone driving one around St Andrews (got the impression he was from somewhere more gauche, like Dundee).  

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Was in the retail park car park behind me the other day and a Trans Am pulled up not unlike the one below.  Bit odd for just off the Kingsway IMO

Last Surviving 'Smokey & The Bandit' Pontiac Trans Am Up For Auction

Are you being stalked by Michael Knight? 

Saw an old broken down Mercedes like this at Mount Sinai a few years back. The German guys who drove it there were trying to sell it to the Archbishop at the Monastery. At the time there were just really rough tracks and I think he made a fair bit of profit buying fucked cars from tourists.

1200px-Mercedes_Benz_300_Limousine_front

Some sort of sports car with UAE plates  and a Russian plated on in Reykjavík.

I've seen Faroese plates in Shetland - not that odd considering the ferries - but an old Icelandic car in Fife! Looked like an auld, foosty 2000s Corolla or something!

Scotland - mostly German, Dutch,  with some French, Italian, the odd Bulgarian or Romanian and Polish plates.

I did see a Yugo once in Dundee near the Tesco Riverside about 4-5 years ago. Not a car guy, but gave a wee wave.

When I was in Iceland last summer I got on the bus from Fjordur to Keflavik, the bus driver happened to be from just outside Hartlepool!  I was sat up the front and he was very chatty.  He said he did see the odd British number plate in Iceland from time to time, which I thought was a bit strange.  

Edited by Highland Capital

20 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

When I was in Iceland last summer I got on the bus from Fjordur to Keflavik, the bus driver happened to be from just outside Hartlepool!  I was sat up the front and he was very chatty.  He said he did see the odd British number plate in Iceland from time to time, which I thought was a bit strange.  

Had a quick look and it looks like it would cost a minimum of £2000 plus the cost of driving to Denmark to take a car on the ferry. Suppose it might be worth while if there's a group of you with a lot of kit in a van or 4x4, think hiring in Iceland is pricey.

Edited by welshbairn

One of the these is seen about our village now and again.  Left over from the USA/Vietnam war.
wPNRbWQLBggIFZHTGybCnF-7NS2twaaRCYBfPtWTZTuNq7TEYUevtoqGLOzIhEMS0-OYZrji9xBSMYuUy6NPeS2pa0gdG0vpzYCobR-ouUemgkGZ9YBpPfqPiX9rw-eJXHTYTd4BPcsCt5573bf-57cx-gd6TyiTa1bPNLYoLatJx7T7EEFmci1MQig8ZBRwZ_CjpHQ&key=2774b13e83633b608a53353c6b24b4c0c4db92b71d3a0a8fa8d0bbbf01daec3b
I see loads of old classic 50's USA cars when driving down to Hua Hin every few months.
Seen one of these last time (taking over me at a fair few knots)
hqdefault.jpg&key=e20a7fff4ea33466dbaa7dde16d8fbfae16e96bae73dfbda1356d9ec1cbc7636
I was watching James May's people's cars yesterday, and they reckon that the first car seen by almost a third of the world's population was a US Army jeep.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Had a quick look and it looks like it would cost a minimum of £2000 plus the cost of driving to Denmark to take a car on the ferry. Suppose it might be worth while if there's a group of you with a lot of kit in a van or 4x4, think hiring in Iceland is pricey.

I know of people who took their car (complete with Invernesian number plate!) with them to drive round the Faroe Islands!