Ground improvement/works thread

2 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

South East Ayrshire? There's a lot of knobheads trying geography for the first time.

He isn't completely wrong. Auchinleck is in the southern part of East Ayrshire.

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Polloks ground looks class, I like that big stand. Wouldn’t look out of place in League 2.

Pollok don’t have a stand,they’ve got a big enclosure and as Arthurlie 1981 said,no toilets 

On a serious note I am surprised Pollok have never built toilets. Have the members never tried to force the committee? Or is it a case that the budget on the park would have to be reduced to build some and fans wouldn’t want that to happen?

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

On a serious note I am surprised Pollok have never built toilets. Have the members never tried to force the committee? Or is it a case that the budget on the park would have to be reduced to build some and fans wouldn’t want that to happen?

I was always under the impression every penny was a prisoner at Pollok. Doesn't everything go towards the team?

Wonder if Pollok would be that bothered about giving the Lowland League a miss for the next decade.

I was always under the impression every penny was a prisoner at Pollok. Doesn't everything go towards the team?
Wonder if Pollok would be that bothered about giving the Lowland League a miss for the next decade.

If that’s the case it’s a pretty short sighted view. If all money is going to the playing staff it must be some budget as with the size of hone crowds and advertising boards round the ground they must have one of the biggest budgets in the division.

Why not use some of the money and strike a deal with a local builder to build toilets that benefits all supporters. If Talbot were to go up this year Pollok would be one of those clubs inline for the year after but would be held back due to a number of issues. Why have a great team when your facilities would preclude you from moving up?

For years clubs have had no incentive to improve their facilities but now they do and it is good to see so many clubs in the top division moving in that direction.