Ground improvement/works thread

Couldn't see how they were going to upgrade when I went to watch a game on the 3g cage next door, excellent work, are there any seats installed at all ? Wasn't there another pitch next to the main one,or is my memory playing tricks (again)  
There are about 200 or so seats installed, I believe the plan is to erect a cover over them next season.

There was a pitch next to the new stadium but I'm not sure if it is still a functional pitch or just used as a training area now - it looked like it had been narrowed or had lost some of the total area when I saw it last week. I might be wrong though.

8 hours ago, energyzone said:

There are about 200 or so seats installed, I believe the plan is to erect a cover over them next season.

There was a pitch next to the new stadium but I'm not sure if it is still a functional pitch or just used as a training area now - it looked like it had been narrowed or had lost some of the total area when I saw it last week. I might be wrong though.

The pitch next to the main park is the youth teams competition park, we haven’t lined it yet till the kids season starts back, think it’s 85m by 58m, bit tight in the top corner but properly the best surface at the club.

Theirs 310 seats, stand work planned for next season 

• 2 months later...

There's been some talk on other forums about ground improvements and the WoS sides had a good Scottish Cup weekend there. Had me wondering about the WoS sides looking to licenced in time for next season. Especially with Pollok in title contention and looking unlikely to be licenced in time.

Kilwinning and Rutherglen are two that are expected to be ready. Presumably Petershill based on their previous application. Are there any others under the radar?

There's been some talk on other forums about ground improvements and the WoS sides had a good Scottish Cup weekend there. Had me wondering about the WoS sides looking to licenced in time for next season. Especially with Pollok in title contention and looking unlikely to be licenced in time.
Kilwinning and Rutherglen are two that are expected to be ready. Presumably Petershill based on their previous application. Are there any others under the radar?
Gartcairn have put in a lot of work as have Blantyre. Benburb in terms of the facilities side of licensing shouldn't be too far off sans the lack of cover. Greenock another given the place got done up for the Commonwealth games. Yoker as well.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Gartcairn have put in a lot of work as have Blantyre. Benburb in terms of the facilities side of licensing shouldn't be too far off sans the lack of cover. Greenock another given the place got done up for the Commonwealth games. Yoker as well.

Youve got to keep in mind theres far more to the licensing than just the ground stuff.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Youve got to keep in mind theres far more to the licensing than just the ground stuff.

Obviously, but we can't see the stuff going on behind the scenes (unless policies appear on a club's website).

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Obviously, but we can't see the stuff going on behind the scenes (unless policies appear on a club's website).

There can be very significant costs to meet the physical challenges of bring grounds up to licence standard. There are other matters. That goes without saying.

Other matters will require man hours to sort them out so clubs need people available to fulfill various posts and to create policies, etc etc but that can be done without having the necessary facilities in place to achieve a licence.

Which is more difficult? Raising funds, getting designs and planning sorted out for physical changes/improvements or finding the people with the ability and time to deal with all the other matters? What do licenced clubs think? Which is tougher?

I can see Rutherglen Glencairn as another side to go for licencing and, in time, progress up the football ladder.

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Especially with Pollok in title contention and looking unlikely to be licenced in time.

Speak of the devil...

https://www.pollokfc.com/2021/10/27/pollok-fc-sfa-licensing-update/

Planning for toilets beside the pavillion https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=R0JVX5EXIIJ00

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Pretty much most of what I thought they'd need. Imagine some dressing room work as well ?

On 01/08/2021 at 08:27, funky monkey said:

Buffs seating open for the first time yesterday. Enclosure along the touchline now roofed. Atmosphere around the ground improved. Hub building and match day bar now in full swing. Onwards and upwards. 

Unless you sit in seated stand you cant watch the game and see the whole pitch from that side of the park. Also no terracing in any part of the ground so unless you are right up against the barrier or are 6'5" once again you cant see the whole pitch. Watching Clydebank's game on telly on Monday night after being at Kilwinning on Friday night and at present would much rather watch a game at Holm Park than Buffs Park. Just doesn't seem to be designed very well for the spectator IMHO.

Unless you sit in seated stand you cant watch the game and see the whole pitch from that side of the park. Also no terracing in any part of the ground so unless you are right up against the barrier or are 6'5" once again you cant see the whole pitch. Watching Clydebank's game on telly on Monday night after being at Kilwinning on Friday night and at present would much rather watch a game at Holm Park than Buffs Park. Just doesn't seem to be designed very well for the spectator IMHO.

The stand is in a great position for viewing while sitting, but it means you can't view the whole pitch while standing anywhere along that side. It's very restrictive in that aspect and pretty much removes almost a third of the total viewing area for standing spectators.

In an ideal word it would be moved back away from the touchline and rebuilt on a raised platform. But I'm not sure if the refreshment and toilet cabins would then get in the way. Also I imagine it would cost an astronomical amount to cover or move in the first instance and at this level every penny is a prisoner.

For a 2 or 3 year old ground I'm sure you'll agree it's not bad though.

There was hardly any terracing at the old Abbey Park either though - a raised hill with some sleepers covering half of one side, a covered section behind one of the goals and some recently installed steps behind the other.

3 hours ago, Mystic Blastie said:

Your points are valid. If the same progress is made next 3 years as the previous 3 then I'm sure everything will improve again. Still a work in progress. 

3 hours ago, Mystic Blastie said:

View from the stand. 

I was at Somerset Park on Tuesday night. They've made little progress there in 100 years, so Buffs doing not too bad in 3 years. 

IMG_20211022_194248.jpg

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

The stand is in a great position for viewing while sitting, but it means you can't view the whole pitch while standing anywhere along that side. It's very restrictive in that aspect and pretty much removes almost a third of the total viewing area for standing spectators.

In an ideal word it would be moved back away from the touchline and rebuilt on a raised platform. But I'm not sure if the refreshment and toilet cabins would then get in the way. Also I imagine it would cost an astronomical amount to cover or move in the first instance and at this level every penny is a prisoner.

For a 2 or 3 year old ground I'm sure you'll agree it's not bad though.

There was hardly any terracing at the old Abbey Park either though - a raised hill with some sleepers covering half of one side, a covered section behind one of the goals and some recently installed steps behind the other.

Aye your right about Abbey Park but the Kop section behind the goals was a pretty good vantage point. My granny used to live in Ladyford Avenue so I have a soft spot for the place even though I'm a Ladeside supporter. Back to Buffs Park, could they not move the barrier on the seated stand side nearer the pitch. Think that would help and there is a wee natural slope there.