League Reconstruction 20/21 season

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well yes. It's still a completely different scenario though.

Yes i agree, the relegated clubs have been a bit unlucky and i have some sympathy for most of them.

Reconstruction was still putting the cost of their failings onto everyone else.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I think it should be done away with completely. It's an absolute nonsense.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

No it's not.

I actually think you are both right.

Parachute payments are needed because of the gulf of finances between the two leagues, so for a club going down it's a big hit (trust me, my club has seen enough of it), but they also provide an advantage to teams who have failed over those they will be competing with.

Ultimately the solution is to make it a far smaller gap in finances between the two leagues, that way you can remove the parachute payments and, at the same time, provide a more level playing field for all clubs in that lower division.

5 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Yes i agree, the relegated clubs have been a bit unlucky and i have some sympathy for most of them.

Some, not all. Hearts are there through their own failings despite having massive benefits over the teams around them. Their position is based on utter negligence not through "luck".

Edited by Ric

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Parachute payments are needed because of the gulf of finances between the two leagues, so for a club going down it's a big hit (trust me, my club has seen enough of it), but they also provide an advantage to teams who have failed over those they will be competing with.

Ultimately the solution is to make it a far smaller gap in finances between the two leagues, that way you can remove the parachute payments and, at the same time, provide a more level playing field for all clubs in that lower division.

I agree with that.

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

Some, not all. Hearts are there through their own failings despite having massive benefits over the teams around them. Their position is based on utter negligence not through "luck".

Indeed, hearts are the team i have no sympathy for.

18 hours ago, edinabear said:

Inverness now confirming that bullying did take place by spfl board members and was reported. I don't see how Doncaster survives this

From the Rangers 'dossier' the bullying ICT are alleging took place was by Ross McArthur from Dunfermline in relation to splitting out monies post the season being called. If this is the bullying accusation it's nothing to do with Doncaster - the bullying involving Doncaster seems to be Donald Park bullying him ….

Still waiting on Ross McArthur to provide an update on all this from a DAFC perspective but he may just decide that everything shouldn't be public until decisions are final and any discussions are kept in house....funny that. Also, still waiting on Dundee to back up ICT and Rangers claims given that they were named also...

I will vote for 12 in the top league because I don’t see another option that works, the lower league fans will know what may work for them but I suspect that 10 or 12 would be best for them too.

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 10:14, EdinburghPar1975 said:

From the Rangers 'dossier' the bullying ICT are alleging took place was by Ross McArthur from Dunfermline in relation to splitting out monies post the season being called. If this is the bullying accusation it's nothing to do with Doncaster - the bullying involving Doncaster seems to be Donald Park bullying him ….

Still waiting on Ross McArthur to provide an update on all this from a DAFC perspective but he may just decide that everything shouldn't be public until decisions are final and any discussions are kept in house....funny that. Also, still waiting on Dundee to back up ICT and Rangers claims given that they were named also...

The Rangers Dossier, what dossier, what does it contain?

Why did ICT only come out with the bullying claim late on?

There was no mention of bullying when they thought they were going up to a 14 team league.

Other club accusing ICT of bullying them.

Could not make this up, early panto season.

The clubs! when the push came to the shove they were all clambering about looking after number one.

Please, lets not invent stories to help your cause, the club remaining most silent on all this Celtic, I suspect they are just waiting to be crowned Champions, and the rest will just be as is.

How many enquiries and "demanded" independent inquiries are we going to call for, seems that if some clubs don't like they way a vote has gone they call for another one.

And its Miss to you!

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Everyda clamouring for 20-22. 🤢

Apparently we should let fans decide as the clubs rely on the gate receipts.

What if a clubs fanbase is split three ways?

If we reconstruct based on the fans opinion and it's a failure then do we reconstruct again?

49 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

If we reconstruct based on the fans opinion and it's a failure then do we reconstruct again?

We should leave things open to a constantly variable fans vote after every match day.  Start the season in a 12 team league,  moves to 16, back to 12, down to 8 etc.

should be looking to bring the tech in so we can change the rules of football live during the game. Half an hour in and suddenly no offside rule, it’s then brought back at halftime, but with 3rd last defender instead. Balls Randomity kicked onto the pitch as multi-ball is announced.  Players should be voted off as well with stewards removing the affected player.  He dribbles past one and another, but oh no it looks like he’s lost the vote, can he get the shot away before being caught by the yellow jackets?

Edited by parsforlife

47 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Oh, that's easy to answer. If the fans vote for the wrong reconstruction proposal we send a 200-page dossier accusing the Scottish Football Supporters Association board of bullying and corruption.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We should leave things open to a constantly variable fans vote after every match day.  Start the season in a 12 team league,  moves to 16, back to 12, down to 8 etc.

should be looking to bring the tech in so we can change the rules of football live during the game. Half an hour in and suddenly no offside rule, it’s then brought back at halftime, but with 3rd last defender instead. Balls Randomity kicked onto the pitch as multi-ball is announced.  Players should be voted off as well with stewards removing the affected player.  He dribbles past one and another, but oh no it looks like he’s lost the vote, can he get the shot away before being caught by the yellow jackets?

Hadn't considered any of this beforehand but you're absolutely right and I'm in.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Oh, that's easy to answer. If the fans vote for the wrong reconstruction proposal we send a 200-page dossier accusing the Scottish Football Supporters Association board of bullying and corruption.

The old firm would team up for this one so no dossier would be required.

From tonight's BBC Scotland website 

The use of 'hub' stadiums to enable Scottish football to resume in front of fans is being considered by the game's Joint Response Group (JRG).

The venues would host "multiple matches over a weekend" with practicalities such as the number of stadiums used being considered in the next fortnight.

Among the other issues discussed during the first two weeks of talks between six sub-groups are social distancing in stadia, closed-door games, online streaming, virtual season tickets, and a change to the summer transfer window.

I would like someone who has ever attended a Scottish football match, and even mentions having a crowd at a match with social distancing, to tell me how it could possibly work. The only way I can see it working is to have 1 fan in each stand. 

As noted in another thread, I'm sure we can all guess which two stadiums in particular are most likely to be under consideration, and which two clubs would get more money for it.

In reality however I'd imagine that McDiarmid Park, Broadwood, Tony Macaroni and Rugby Park would be the best choices in terms of accessibility for all clubs. But that's not the reality we have in Scottish football sadly.

But it all seems massively pie in the sky and totally unworkable, or more precisely, totally unaffordable.

Surely multiple games per day needs a plastic pitch and multiple changing rooms. Preferably SFA owned.

Would make sense to use Oriam and facilities like national performance centre in Dundee.

Of course they won't.

Edited by invergowrie arab

If the idea is to have some number of fans there then obviously these training grounds don't make sense because you'd want bigger stadiums to maximise attendance. Have heard a strong rumour Rugby Park was being discussed as one of them.

This is all just about contingency planning and considering all possibilities, if we are allowed by the government to open up and start playing again then they'd want to have a workable plan in place.