League Reconstruction 20/21 season

30 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It appears that everybody on P&B reads Kickback  avidly apart from the Hearts fans.

It’s very entertaining for sure, you sort of have to see it to believe it.

26 minutes ago, Ric said:

Got a link? I know Lyon was challenging it but thought the decision was still to come.

The French leagues is governed differently to the SPFL though, it's not a "like for like" situation.

This says judge will make decision Monday or Tuesday.  Nothing I can see about League having 24 hours

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-will-watch-french-court-case-interest-2875365

Edited by Bose

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Me

ETA: and the other members of the Foundation that will shortly take over ownership of the club, not just me that would be silly

Too late with that clarification. Your offer is accepted. Bargain concluded. Thanks TC.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ross County proving once again that if you want it enough, it can happen.

3 hours ago, CountyFan said:

The testing kit supposedly cost 35k and MacGregor funded it himself. 

You guys say this as if Aberdeen should just get on and  buy one too. Don't you realise Cormack's in the middle of funding the new £50m stadium at Ballater?

Edited by Pet Jeden

5 hours ago, Green Day said:

I dont doubt that will be what happens - but a sizeable bill will be shrugged off by the larger clubs, it ewill kill smaller clubs.

Again - apparently this will be "for the good of Scottish Football"........................

Collateral damage in seeking justice just as we were collateral damage in the first vote.  30 games is not a season although we’ve covered this. 

Your outfit will still accept the 50k maroon pound 

6 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

That's why I deleted it. :)

I actually found the tweet, it followed up the "big announcement of things to come" by announcing nothing, instead changing tack and claiming the TV rights holder is in financial difficulty.

Edited by Ric

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

"Got a link?"

"Aye, here's a screenshot of someone's twitter."

🤦‍♂️

fwiw       https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-will-watch-french-court-case-interest-2875365

Just a Scotsman article about a similar, not identical, situation. You Saints boys get awfy twitchy at any hint - no matter how remote - of the current carve-up being challenged, eh?

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

fwiw       https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-will-watch-french-court-case-interest-2875365

Just a Scotsman article about a similar, not identical, situation. You Saints boys get awfy twitchy at any hint - no matter how remote - of the current carve-up being challenged, eh?

It's his baw, best just to smile. :)

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Did the French clubs vote on ending the season? Did they have a vote on reconstruction?

I don't think so. It all happened very quickly after the French government said that there shouldn't be any professional sports in France until the end of August, and I think they also said that the professional leagues should end their 2019/20 seasons. A day or two later the LFP announced the season was over and set out how it was going to work.

In theory the SPFL board could have done something similar, i.e. just gone ahead and "called" the season without any of the voting palaver.

Going round in circles with this.you either null and void it or end it with positions counting.

You cant just pick bits that certain clubs like because this then has an effect on other clubs.

Cant Promote Dundee utd without relegating hearts as we'd have to reshape the league back to where it was.That would give an unfair relegation on some other club down the line.

Any court in the world would see this.

41 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Your outfit will still accept the 50k maroon pound 

I expect we will give it to the NHS charity - its what James would have wanted.

29 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I expect we will give it to the NHS charity - its what James would have wanted.

Your fans are going to have to buy some amount of those £5 NHS logos on your strips to make up for those millions that you stiffed a state-owned bank for.  600,000 would it be? Still, if you could persuade all us Jambos to be charitable and buy one, you'd be 2/3 of the way there.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It appears that everybody on P&B reads Kickback  avidly apart from the Hearts fans.

From the type of nonsense your wee pal Pet J posts, it looks like he is an avid member too....................he's certainly one kind of member, thats for sure.

15 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Your fans are going to have to buy some amount of those £5 NHS logos on your strips to make up for those millions that you stiffed a state-owned bank for.  600,000 would it be? Still, if you could persuade all us Jambos to be charitable and buy one, you'd be 2/3 of the way there.

giphy (9).gif