League Reconstruction 20/21 season

It's pretty hard to keep up but as I understand it, the Hearts argument (as of today) is...

1. The season didn't finish so  Hearts shouldn't be punished  by being relegated.

2.  The season didn't finish so Dundee Utd should be punished by not being promoted.

3. The season didn't finish so Celtic...och, never mind about Celtic.

Does that about cover it?

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

It's pretty hard to keep up but as I understand it, the Hearts argument (as of today) is...

1. The season didn't finish so  Hearts shouldn't be punished  by being relegated.

2.  The season didn't finish so Dundee Utd should be punished by not being promoted.

And it’s all Dundee’s fault. 

10 minutes ago, Bose said:

Seems they want a null and void but are terrified of a Celtic so they will let them keep the title. 

Aye, big Peter has them terrified. 

Guest Flash
3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Also, the season didn’t finish, but everybody keeps the prize money for where they ...er...finished.

7 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Its completely normal that the Dundee Utd would seek legal advice in something which possibly may affect them.

The solution will be a 14 team league and Hearts get reimbursed their expenses, Partick's brief has worked for free I believe, so there's some money saved at least.

Pointless trying to go up against Lawwell, everyone knows that.

2 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Bollocks!

From January to the season's "end", Hearts won 9 points, Ross County 8pts.

I'm not sure, but to me it looks pretty even, just the 1 point in it. I could list the dates and results if you'd like.

But Tom English said it.

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No matter what system they came up with for deciding final placings Hearts would still be bottom - you can't get away from the fact that they were pish for the best part of the season.

No solution was ever going to be fair - all we hear is how hard done Hearts are - what about those teams who've been denied the opportunity to get promotion through the play-offs? They haven't really complained (bar Falkirk).

As an Edinburgh City fan I think our board voiced their disappointment at the play offs not going ahead 

We were still due to play Cove but it was unlikely we would have caught them so I had no problems with them being declared champions.

The play offs raise an interesting point though- City, Cowden and Stirling, Elgin or Queens Park would have been involved. Our record against the others in the League was not so convincing that I wouldn't have ever said we were favourites. Indeed I think QP were in great form at the time of shutdown and I might have backed them to go up. So it can be argued that by not having play-offs more than 1 club was denied their possiblity of promotion.

23 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Its completely normal that the Dundee Utd would seek legal advice in something which possibly may affect them.

The solution will be a 14 team league and Hearts get reimbursed their expenses, Partick's brief has worked for free I believe, so there's some money saved at least.

Pointless trying to go up against Lawwell, everyone knows that.

The court cannot force league reconstruction upon the SPFL, can they? 

Bollocks!
From January to the season's "end", Hearts won 9 points, Ross County 8pts.
I'm not sure, but to me it looks pretty even, just the 1 point in it. I could list the dates and results if you'd like.
At that rate Hearts would have needed another 38 games to catch County.