League Reconstruction 20/21 season

50 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

For what it's worth I was more than happy to "take my medicine" in the championship. We were well on course to "deserving" that outcome. Was quite looking forward to it in fact. hearts were a First Division team when I started following them and yo-yo'd up and down for a while so I'm not as allergic to or embarrassed about playing in the lower leagues as some Jambos seem to be.

However, football is all about the unexpected and there's no doubt Hearts had the time and games to do a Werder Bremen and escape relegation by a whisker. 

My position from the start has been the league was called too early. All the other leagues that called too early have been taken to court so not sure why anyone is surprised Hearts and PT are doing that. If we lose, fair enough. If we win though, it will mean we deserved to win. I wouldn't bet on either outcome but I really want to see what shenanigans went down with that Dundee vote. We all should want that, apart from maybe Dundee.

I hate the current league setup so a 14 team league to me isn't much better. My preference is an 18 team league playing each other twice. However, this is an emergency situation and it annoyed me clubs were looking at reconstruction like some sort of long-term thing. To me, it was no different from the emergency funding being given to people and businesses - a way to ease the pain for people caught up in the pandemic.

The fact is the Scottish Government has allowed professional sport to take place since June 22nd. If the SPFL had held off clubs could have prepared safety protocols etc and have been ready to restart, just as many leagues around the world did. The SPFL chose the wrong course of action and now they're facing the consequences of that. To blame Hearts and Thistle for just doing what clubs in France, Belgium and Holland have done is ridiculous.

Why are you lying?

Ah, trolling.  Bye.

Guest 8GamesToGo

I've not seen a shred of evidence we couldn't have held off ending the league a bit longer. Or that a way couldn't have been found to play games. Like nearly every other country in Europe seems to have done.

All the articles show the SPFL hoping to have crowds when the league starts or asap after. That's what they have been discussing with the Scottish gov. They have done zero lobbying to play closed door games to finish the league. Contact sport has been allowed for a week or so.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Professional sport was allowed from June 22 and contact training started end of June from what I can see. That means we had time to play the games.

There are none so blind as those who won't see.

Cherry picking an article rather than reading the full guidelines weakens whatever case you are trying to make.

Your team were relegated because you were the worst team in the league, in every single metric you wish to use. Trying to claim, partially through hindsight, that games could have or should have been played out is just not a defensible argument. You know this, and are clearly here just to noise people up. It's failing though, you are just looking a bit daft, that's all. Fair play to anyone willing to pick up and run with your weak bait, not for me though.

Isn't that exactly what's been happening in other leagues? 

Would have expected a Falkirk fan to want the last 8 games to go ahead or at least look into the idea of doing that.

Some Falkirk fans are becoming more and more shrill and irrational about this. Jamboesque in fact. 

I am more sanguine about this, PPG meant we missed out which was our own fault for not being good enough. Just like your lot.

It's an absolute hoor to be stuck in that wasteland for another year but I fear we must accept it. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why are you lying?

Ah, trolling.  Bye.

Where did I lie? Seriously, which bit.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Some Falkirk fans are becoming more and more shrill and irrational about this. Jamboesque in fact. 

I am more sanguine about this, PPG meant we missed out which was our own fault for not being good enough. Just like your lot.

It's an absolute hoor to be stuck in that wasteland for another year but I fear we must accept it. 

I'm the same. Just not keen on being messed about by the blazers that's all. Amazing how everyone loves the SPFL now. Anyhow, we'll find out soon enough. Doesn't;t change the fact if there was a will to play the league to a finish back in March there could have been a way found.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

not competitive matches.....

Where does it say that? Contact is contact.

I'm happy to be proven wrong if anyone can post a link. Apologies for not reading every single page as it's mostly a f**k lot of abuse to anyone who deviates from the "Hearts were going down anyhow" line. Which is probably true.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Where does it say that? Contact is contact.

I'm happy to be proven wrong if anyone can post a link. Apologies for not reading every single page as it's mostly a f**k lot of abuse to anyone who deviates from the "Hearts were going down anyhow" line.

The Scottish Government still haven't officially approved friendlies never mind an August start to next season's league.  

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

not competitive matches.....

Exactly, they STILL do not have permission to start on 1st August yet, it's only a plan.

It must be really difficult to be a football fan, yet be completely ignorant of any news that effects football from Scot Gov, UEFA, SFA, SPFL, clubs and any other official body. Is even more amazing in this day and age of not just newspapers & TV, but internet, social media etc. It is astounding and to me it begs the question are the really a football fan?

Edited by Tannadeechee

I came on because Doncaster said yesterday we couldn't have played the league to a finish and I see people lapping that up like everything he says is true and not at all designed to cover his bad decision-making.

Professional sport was allowed from June 22 and contact training started end of June from what I can see. That means we had time to play the games.

How about we have to start on 1st Aug because..

1. It would be impossible to start beyond that in order to finish in time for the Euros next June.

2 Eufa required named teams by 3rd Aug in order to start next seasons competition (and finish off this one).

3. We had the biggest tv deal in our history starting in Aug with allegedly substantail paybacks if we broke the contract.

As it is the Clubs have to find the money to pay back Sky, BT and BBC for not fulfilling last seasons contracts.

4. Back in March it was thought that we we may be in lockdown until January. Things changed but when decisions were made that was the outlook. Contact training only started last week (start of July).

5. But the main reason we could not finish the season is that some clubs have no fuckin players as contracts ran out on 10th June.

But I am sure these facts won't stop your fantasies.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Tannadeechee said:

Exactly, they STILL do not have permission to start on 1st August yet, it's only a plan.

It must be really difficult to be a football fan, yet be completely ignorant of any news that effects football from Scot Gov, UEFA, SFA, SPFL, clubs and any other official body. Is even more amazing in this day and age of not just newspapers & TV, but internet, social media etc. It is astounding and to me & begs the question are the really a football fan?

I've been following everything very closely obviously.

I genuinely would like to see where it says definitively that we could not have started playing a week or so ago? I am honestly happy to be proven wrong as I can't find where it says that.

All I see is the SPFL deciding they wanted to start August 1st and they've been working with the gov to try to make that happen. I see nothing that this was a result of the SPFL being told way back in March that August 1st would be the earliest date for football to return. 

That would put the Scottish gov out of step with almost every country in Europe, including countries hit much harder.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

How about we have to start on 1st Aug because..
1. It would be impossible to start beyond that in order to finish in time for the Euros next June.

2 Eufa required named teams by 3rd Aug in order to start next seasons competition (and finish off this one).

3. We had the biggest tv deal in our history starting in Aug with allegedly substantail paybacks if we broke the contract.
As it is the Clubs have to find the money to pay back Sky, BT and BBC for not fulfilling last seasons contracts.

4. Back in March it was thought that we we may be in lockdown until January. Things changed but when decisions were made that was the outlook. Contact training only started last week (end of June).

5. But the main reason we could not finish the season is that some clubs have no fuckin players as contracts ran out on 10th June.

But I am sure these facts won't stop your fantasies.

Then how did other leagues get around all that? Basically you're saying Scotland is uniquely unable to start playing football again. Every league and club has faced the same issues.

It's fine, I just came on looking for proof not a repeat of Daily Record articles.

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 minutes ago, MacArab said:

You are right, you win....

We could have played to a finish allowing Hearts the chance to save themselves , and indeed it is actually all a big conspiracy.

The reason it was decided to end the season early, and in the process relegate Hearts, was nothing to do with a global pandemic which is currently in the process of killing hundreds of thousands of people worldwide, and which only now, after months of lockdown, are we finally getting on top of.

The season was ended early because everybody fucking hates Hearts, and this was as good an opportunity as any to f**k you right over.

Happy?

So how have other leagues managed it? Including in countries much worse hit.

Could it possibly be because there was a will in those countries to play to a finish and not a rush to end the league early? 

Then how did other leagues get around all that? Basically you're saying Scotland is uniquely unable to start playing football again. Every league and club has faced the same issues.

It's fine, I just came on looking for proof not a repeat of Daily Record articles.

Other Leagues had to call it. Scotland is not the only nation. Check out Ireland and France for starters.

In England the Premiership had to pay tens of thousands a week on testing and have to finish by 3rd Aug else Sky can claw back hundreds of millions in compensation and bankrupt clubs. The Premiership also have large squads to fulfill fixtures. Dumbarton have zero registered players at the moment.

I've been following everything very closely obviously.

I genuinely would like to see where it says definitively that we could not have started playing a week or so ago? I am honestly happy to be proven wrong as I can't find where it says that.

All I see is the SPFL deciding they wanted to start August 1st and they've been working with the gov to try to make that happen. I see nothing that this was a result of the SPFL being told way back in March that August 1st would be the earliest date for football to return. 

That would put the Scottish gov out of step with almost every country in Europe, including countries hit much harder.

Scot Gov is out of step with down south.

As you see here SPFL website, states subject to Scottish Government approval.

Screenshot_2020-07-07-19-39-22-1252648134.png

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

So how have other leagues managed it? Including in countries much worse hit.

Could it possibly be because there was a will in those countries to play to a finish and not a rush to end the league early? 

What like France, Belgium, Netherlands N.I. English league 1 and league 2.