League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

@8GamesToGo here is the current situation as per SFA (not SPFL) regarding ALL football. Screenshot_2020-07-07-19-48-09-0986468282.thumb.png.6b4c2e040880310b9b44ff598f79cfca.png

Obviously this may change on Thursday when clubs may get permission to play friendlies and may get the go ahead to start new season on 1st August. As it stands, now Tuesday 7th July we are not allowed by Scot Gov to play football.

I know. My point is did the SFA/SPFL push and prepare to get games played behind closed doors sooner like other countries. or did they push for an August start for the new league? I think we all know the answer.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I agree 100%. But we're not talking about crowds here. Just closed doors games which are going ahead all over the place. Although I suspect  crowds is what the SPFL have been focusing on. Another thing I disagree with them on. They shouldn't be pushing for crowds the way they are.

Crowds are irrelevant - we'll be behind closed doors for the start of next season.  The reason the SPFL haven't restarted the league is because the Scottish Government have said 'not yet'.  Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, craigkillie said:

Sweden whose season hadn't even started before coronavirus hit, aye?

No idea smart arse. I do know over 20 leagues are playing football right now.

17 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Werder Bremen didn't get the job done on the pitch. They were going down 4pts behind. Guess what, they played to a finish and got themselves out of it. That's all there is to it. Kind of how football is supposed to work.

Germany wasn't hit as bad as us. Germany's GOVERNMENT allowed them to play. Scot, N.I. authorities have not. What happens in Germany is completely and utterly irrelevant.

Germany speak German, why don't we?

Germany drives on the right, why don't we?

Answers to both those questions is the same as the football question, we are different countries,.different laws, different situations, different authorities.

Edited by Tannadeechee

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, The DA said:

Crowds are irrelevant - we'll be behind closed doors for the start of next season.  The reason the SPFL haven't restarted the league is because the Scottish Government have said 'not yet'.  Are you being deliberately obtuse?

I'm asking the question. Did the SPFL push the gov to be able to restart sooner or did they end the league too quickly before we really knew how things might pan out?

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

I'm asking the question. Did the SPFL push the gov to be able to restart sooner or did they end the league too quickly before we really knew how things might pan out?

Who cares?  Get doon.  It's done now. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Tannadeechee said:

Germany wasn't hit as bad as us. Germany's GOVERNMENT allowed them to play. Scot, N.I. authorities have not. What happens in Germany is completely and utterly irrelevant.

Germany speak German, what don't we?

Answers to both those questions is the same as the football question, we are different countries,.different laws, different situations, different authorities.

Nevermind. Your new manager agrees with me so we'll leave it there. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11733/12009608/tranmere-boss-micky-mellon-criticises-unprofessional-efl-over-relegation

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, TonyFerrino said:

Who cares?  Get doon.  It's done now. 

It will be soon. maybe you missed the whole arbitration thing. 

I agree 100%. But we're not talking about crowds here. Just closed doors games which are going ahead all over the place. Although I suspect  crowds is what the SPFL have been focusing on. Another thing I disagree with them on. They shouldn't be pushing for crowds the way they are.

You can’t just cherry pick one thing that you think the SPFL focused on. Contact sport against other teams has just today been approved by the SG. The SPFL could have (might have, we have no idea) put pressure on the SG to allow it earlier but the SG are taking a hard line on this so I doubt it would have made any difference.

16 minutes ago, btb said:

What countries in Europe have been "much worse hit" by Covid-19 than the UK?

In terms of death rates, San Marino, Belgium and Andorra are the only three that are worse.

San Marino and Belgium called their league seasons off in a similar way to Scotland.

That leaves the mighty footballing bellwether of Andorra, who resumed a shortened league in early July, a month after their last reported new case, and two weeks after their last reported death due to Covid19. For comparison, 155 people are reported to have died of Covid19 in the UK today.

Edited by Aim Here

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

Germany speak German, what don't we?

The Bundesliga also has a budget many, many times that of the Scottish Premier League and have the resources to put all the necessary safeguards into place. We've been through this over and over again but still each JKB mutant thinks they've hit on a loophole nobody else in Scotland have considered. Honestly, it's like fucking groundhog day here.

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's what they have been doing. It's been consistently reported that theyve had to fight for training to start, are currently fighting to get friendlies allowed, and have been fighting for months to get the August 1st date agreed.

I understand you have some conspiratorial narrative in your head all built up, but the SPFLs hands are bound by a government who have shown repeatedly they care little for Scottish football.

Their hands weren't bound in March/April. That's my point. There were other options. 

Like I missed the several attempts at reconstruction and your big day in court.

Enjoy Arbroath when it comes around.  

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I know. My point is did the SFA/SPFL push and prepare to get games played behind closed doors sooner like other countries. or did they push for an August start for the new league? I think we all know the answer.

They were told no. They were only allowed to start training a few weeks ago. Only been allowed to tackle since last Monday. They have been asking to play friendlies and told no.

You are asking the.same question and being told same answer,.Scot Gov has said NO.

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Most of the population of Scotland disagree. Dundee Utd fan? Ask your new manager if he thinks the way we ended the league was the best option.

No, he's too busy preparing for the new Premiership season.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

They won't rescind your relegation.  They won't force the SPFL to restructure.  They'll award you the parachute payment that would have gone to the second bottom if they'd lost the play-offs and you'll start playing football (Hearts... playing football.  Oh, my sides!) in October.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Their hands weren't bound in March/April. That's my point. There were other options. 

Which would have come to nothing by now - as we all know with the benefit of hindsight.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Shotgun said:

The Bundesliga also has a budget many, many times that of the Scottish Premier League and have the resources to put all the necessary safeguards into place. We've been through this over and over again but still each JKB mutant thinks they've hit on a loophole nobody else in Scotland have considered. Honestly, it's like fucking groundhog day here.

An d the Danish, Greek, Finnish, Turkish, Russion, English lower leagues Portugeuse, Norwegian, Swedish.. even the fecking US is about to start playing and they're the worst hit of all!