League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Read the press coverage as soon as football stopped. What was the headline story every single day involving which club?

How can I read it now... ? Explain why we all know why it was stopped.....

18 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I said what I said in my first post. I believe we could have finished the league  if we'd kept our options open.

What part of we are not allowed to play football because Government will not allow it is difficult to understand?

I am happy to debate, you are putting forward no intelligent alternatives. Just saying what about them, what about them isn't intelligent in the slightest.

If want to debate that is fine, TRY IT. Specifics. I'll try and help you...

Clubs were struggling for cash

Clubs had been lobbying SPFL for a solution

Clubs could not afford to pay staff with no fans ie no income coming in

Government banned them (effectively) from playing.

New Sky contract complicated things, we had to start or pay penalties

If clubs weren't shut down and had to stay in training, they couldn't furlough staff.

EPL is playing behind closed doors but still have to pay very large penalties to broadcasters

As it turns out the deadline to have leagues finished for European competition is August 3rd

We do NOT have permission by Government to play football, behind closed doors or otherwise.

It was at the time suspected that lockdown would continue untill January.

Many thought we would have no football in 2020.

Hearts asked players to take wage cuts. In light of this how could they pay for the necessary arrangements to play football.

There's some starting points. Try debating them with sensible counter arguments that fit into what is and what is not allowed by our Government.

Edited by Tannadeechee

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

After all these pages of rehashing the same, tired, nonsensical arguments, all it comes down to is "They damn Cafflicks?"

Speak for yourself.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, stop because you've realised how far in the corner you are.

There was over 3 months between the league being suspended and finally ending, and Hearts voted to end the 19/20 season in May.

You crack on claiming everyone was out to get Hearts by, erm, voting the exact same as them.

I never said anyone is out to get Hearts. I said it was a rushed decision to end the league when they did. And the Dundee stuff was just messed up. Putting rivalries aside, I'm surprised more neutrals don't want more answers to that.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

What part of we are not allowed to play football because Government will not allow it is difficult to understand?

I am.happy to debate, you are putting forward no intelligent alternatives. Just saying what about them, what about them isn't intelligent in the slightest.

If clubs weren't shut down and had to stay in training, they couldn't furlough staff.

EPL is playing behind closed doors but still have to pay very large penalties to broadcasters

As it turns out the deadline to have leagues finished for European competition is August 3rd

We do NOT have permission by Government to play football, behind closed doors or otherwise.

It was.at the time suspected that lockdown would continue untill January.

Hearts asked players to take wage cuts. In light of this how could they pay for the necessary arrangements to play football.

There's se starting points. Try debating them with sensible counter arguments that fit into what is and what is not allowed by our Government.

It's fine. you think it was impossible. You might think differently if you were in ours or PT's position. Or not. Maybe you'll find out. Personally playing to a finish and if not possible league reconstruction would have ended all this with minimal disruption. we're going to court like clubs in Belgium, France and Holland have for various reason connected to ending the league. Maybe we'll lose like most of them. Who knows.

18 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

You've nailed it, by having the Old Firm in Europe, there are no representatives from Scotland (apart from a couple of early rounds)  Back to court with this one, could be a winner this time !  Unfair that they are always drawn against stronger teams and get beaten too. Now we have complaints about next season being just 27  games, how many games do you want to lose then ? Could have been a quiet summer 🔆

Pardon?

7 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Which other top flight leagues outwith Belgium, Netherlands and France ended early? And which one of those didn't end up in court over it?

If your response to someone saying 'multiple countries have done the same thing as us' is to name multiple countries who have done the same thing as us and then act as if you've somehow proven them wrong you might want to rethink your strategy.

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

How can I read it now... ? Explain why we all know why it was stopped.....

It's this thing in a box called the Internet. You can get an Internet from John Lewis I think. You just wind it up and away it goes. It's really VERY good.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, MrWorldwideJr said:

If your response to someone saying 'multiple countries have done the same thing as us' is to name multiple countries who have done the same thing as us and then act as if you've somehow proven them wrong you might want to rethink your strategy.

I don't think of 3 as multiple. The top flight leagues that ended early are in the minority.

15 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

We all know the SPFL decided what they wanted well in advance, didn't explore any other options, and rushed through the decision including some absolutely top notch email weirdness. And we all know why.

13 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Why? Tell us, this should be good 

10 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Read the press coverage as soon as football stopped. What was the headline story every single day involving which club?

7 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

After all these pages of rehashing the same, tired, nonsensical arguments, all it comes down to is "They damn Cafflicks?"

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Speak for yourself.

OK, well if it's isn't that, then please explain to us. What had the SPFL decided they already wanted. And why?

41 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I'm asking the question. Did the SPFL push the gov to be able to restart sooner or did they end the league too quickly before we really knew how things might pan out?

The Scottish government were testing a few thousand people a day at the height of the pandemic, remember those days?

How do you think it would have looked if football had been allowed to continue with players getting tested maybe twice a week prioritised over, say NHS and key workers?

You really are a moron if you think this was ever likely to happen, just to allow hearts to win more a few extra games. Which, based on the form before lockdown is very unlikely....

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

It's this thing in a box called the Internet. You can get an Internet from John Lewis I think. You just wind it up and away it goes. It's really VERY good.

My internet didn't come in a box champ....You said we all know why... explain to all of us why.. you spent enough time talking shite what's another post..

Guest 8GamesToGo
7 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I am happy to debate, you are putting forward no intelligent alternatives. Just saying what about them, what about them isn't intelligent in the slightest.

The cash made no difference. In any case, is the solution to plunge 3 clubs into more financial distress or spread it around?

Where are the options all laid out for everyone to see. Clubs said they had no time to consider the Resolution, It was rushed.

Yes, and. Same for everyone. The prize money could possibly have come to them anyhow. Or so I believe form Hearts and PT's court petition.

Yes. but they didn't order them to call the league.

Did it? I don't know. We'll find out hopefully when documents are released.

How did other countries manage then? All clubs could have played at the same fitness level. 

As have we anyhow, so why not just play if we're paying to end the league anyhow?

yes, and my view is we could have finished.

Doesn't mean we couldn't have put together a plan to make it happen, like other countries did. All industries have been lobbying governments non stop.

It was at the time suspected that lockdown would continue untill January.

Yes. Still didn't have to end the league.

We might still not have any football. 

How did all the other leagues manage it. how would I know? All I know is many other leagues including smaller clubs than ours contains have managed it.

There's some starting points. Try debating them with sensible counter arguments that fit into what is and what is not allowed by our Government.

Sorry I missed you wanted me to reply to each point. There you go. I'm ok with you disagreeing. I know as much as you do. The arbitration might reveal more around broadcasting and the whole process.

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

My internet didn't come in a box champ....You said we all know why... explain to all of us why.. you spent enough time talking shite what's another post..

Mine did. Shit!

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

Sorry I missed you wanted me to reply to each point. There you go. I'm ok with you disagreeing. I know as much as you do. The arbitration might reveal more around broadcasting and the whole process.

We all know why? Still waiting...

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

This, this, absolutely this. The idiots that are still going on about how the season should have been finished on Sportsound in particular, are never brought to task about all of the points that you have made. The only way that the season could have been finished was by having no Scottish representatives in either of the European competitions in season 2020/21.

There was no other alternative.

My last comment was a reaction to this, my apologies 😟

1 hour ago, Forest_Fifer said:
1 hour ago, 8GamesToGo said:

What lobbying did clubs and the SPFL do to get that date moved forward to reflect what other countries have done. Oh none you say because they had already decided way back in  March instead of waiting to see how things panned out like every other country (except the ones that also went to court). Ok, then.
It is simple. The SPFL could have made finishing the league the top priority and acted accordingly, including being prepared to play at a couple of weeks notice and lobbying and keeping in close contact with the gov. They chose not to. We have every right to ask why.

Does JKB have an line of roasters coming over here on a fucking rota system?

It's probably the same one or two people. Once their first oh so hilarious troll account is punted they sign up another, and so on.

They'll be running back to Kickback to claim how they 'got us'.

51 minutes ago, The DA said:

Crowds are irrelevant - we'll be behind closed doors for the start of next season.  The reason the SPFL haven't restarted the league is because the Scottish Government have said 'not yet'.  Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Yes. That's what trolls do.

15 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

The English FA were wrong to null and void the majority of non league. The Scottish FA were wrong in not trying to restart, like the English did, or waiting a while. Maybe the overall costs of testing etc was off putting, but maybe the SFA could have helped with costs. Sure BCD was possible somehow. Hope the arbitration finishes the saga.

The Scottish FA don't run the Scottish League. Wee clue in the acronym of who does. Read the rest of the thread as to why the games couldn't have been finished. Testing costs are not top of that list.