League Reconstruction 20/21 season

24 minutes ago, santheman said:

Slightly off topic but the pyramid restart group who oversee the LL EOSL SOSL and WOSL have just said that they don’t expect any league games before the last Saturday in September or the first in October.

Just thought I’d throw that in there for some light relief

This would be in line with all of the other divisions of the SPFL apart from the Premiership. Those leagues are starting on 17th October, but it's possibly the case that the clubs will play League Cup fixtures just before that.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

Your right 16 teams have lost out on potential promotion playoff places. Some gave them up knowingly, because they felt what they were doing was for the best. Making the best of a bad situation, to do the least amount of harm to the least amount of teams as possible. 

Exactly. The least amount of harm would have been reconstruction if finishing the league wasn't possible. Everyone who would have been promoted and some who might not have been promoted got promoted, everyone who should have been relegated and some who might not have been relegated does not get relegated, and the non-league clubs coming up. For absolute fairness they could even have ran a mini playoff tournament when everything was allowed again. I fail to see how that is not the better solution for more clubs.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Bose said:

If I had more red dots than posts I’m pretty sure I would think about what I’m posting. It’s the old saying that there is a bellend in every workplace and if you don’t know who it is it’s probably you. 

Ask the ones running around voting down every post instead of discussing anything.

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

Ask the ones running around voting down every post instead of discussing anything.

It’s impossible to discuss anything with you. You are a one trick pony, you’re suggesting the SPFL overthrow the government and finish the season. Please look at the second sentence of my previous post.

How much?

Less than £8 MILLION POUNDS!!!!!!!!!! admittedly, but around a quarter million for bottom 8 sides in the Premier League, and a fair bit in league 2 from swapping Partick Thistle and Falkirk gates for Edinburgh City. Different concerns for different leagues basically that Hearts did nothing to address, not even phone calls to lower division teams. And the worry of going back to 12-10-10-10 which would mean maybe a third of teams relegated in a couple of years. But it was only ever about Hearts, and why couldn't everyone feel sorry for them being shite. :bairn

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, Bose said:

It’s impossible to discuss anything with you. You are a one trick pony, you’re suggesting the SPFL overthrow the government and finish the season. Please look at the second sentence of my previous post.

No I suggested they should have kept their options open and came up with a plan to finish the season or reconstruct to help out PT, Hearts and Stranraer. If you think piling more hardship on clubs that can still get out of relegation danger is ok that's fine. If you think Hamilton or whoever not needing a playoff is perfectly ok, fine. If you think Brechin saving their own skin the way they did is fine, bully for you. If you think Raith deserving their title is legit, fine. I disagree and would if I wasn't a Hearts fan. I fucking hated the SFA and SPFL long before this all kicked off.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Less than £8 MILLION POUNDS!!!!!!!!!! admittedly, but around a quarter million for bottom 8 sides in the Premier League, and a fair bit in league 2 from swapping Partick Thistle and Falkirk gates for Edinburgh City. Different concerns for different leagues basically that Hearts did nothing to address, not even phone calls to lower division teams. And the worry of going back to 12-10-10-10 which would mean maybe a third of teams relegated in a couple of years. But it was only ever about Hearts, and why couldn't everyone feel sorry for them being shite. :bairn

Wonder if right now fans in Belgium, France and Netherlands are posting crying emojis in response to posts by Lyon, Utrecht, Toulouse, Amiens, Waasland-Beveren... fans for going to court, sorry for being shite. Probably I suppose.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

8 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Is it not a part of the forum to red dot or up vote posts?? I think it is. It allows members to show their displeasure or support for a particular post. 

15 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Exactly. The least amount of harm would have been reconstruction if finishing the league wasn't possible. Everyone who would have been promoted and some who might not have been promoted got promoted, everyone who should have been relegated and some who might not have been relegated does not get relegated, and the non-league clubs coming up. For absolute fairness they could even have ran a mini playoff tournament when everything was allowed again. I fail to see how that is not the better solution for more clubs.

People have an issue with Raith's promotion due to Falkirk. But being consistent then why is it Kelty Hearts should be in a position to have been able to play a playoff to see if they could play another playoff to see if they got promoted. They were 6pts ahead of Bonnyrigg Rose who had a game in hand and 5 games to go.

Problem again is when though?

Reconstruction might have had more chance if Budge had spoken to lower league clubs, listened to other clubs and tried to get a solution for Scottish football not Hearts. Some clubs only wanted temp reconstruction, some permanent. The details of 14-10-10-10 were poor. The 6-8 split was poor especially after only 2 rounds ( personally the split of any sort can GTF IMHO). Sky needs to agree with reconstruction as they have paid for 12-10-10-10. The 14-10-10-10 leaves "dead rubbers" clubs were due to sign up to 250-350000 less per season over the length of time the leagues were running with 14. Also had the potential of 3 clubs being relegated while trying to budget for competing in Premiership. It was a poor resolution that was "rushed through".

Also as as been said if Hearts, ICT & Rangers hadn't tried to null & void the leagues, as confirmed by 6 Championship clubs, which led to Scot Gardiner and ICT in general.going very quiet, they might have had more of a chance of some of those clubs being more friendly.

Edited by Tannadeechee

Wonder if right now fans are posting crying emojis in response to posts by Lyon, Utrecht, Toulouse, Amiens, Waasland-Beveren... fans for going to court. sorry for being shite.

I wouldn't worry, all will be forgotten when you pay off all the costs awarded for your tantrum.

10 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Wonder if right now fans in Belgium, France and Netherlands are posting crying emojis in response to posts by Lyon, Utrecht, Toulouse, Amiens, Waasland-Beveren... fans for going to court, sorry for being shite. Probably I suppose.

Problem is nothing the Dutch football authorities could do as

"FC Utrecht was sixth in the Netherlands Eredivisie when Prime Minister Mark Rutte announced on Friday that all major events would be cancelled until September, prompting the Dutch Football Association to call off this season."

So even if the league was continued as it was passed UEFA's deadline of 3rd August Utrecht could not have played in Europe anyway.

Edited by Tannadeechee

Guest 8GamesToGo
7 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

People have an issue with Raith's promotion due to Falkirk. But being consistent the Kelty Hearts should be in a position to have been able to play a playoff to see if they could play another playoff to see if they got promoted. They were 6pts ahead of Bonnyrigg Rose who had a game in hand and 5 games to go.

Problem again is when though?

Reconstruction might have had more chance if Budge had spoken to lower league clubs, listened to other clubs and tried to get a solution for Scottish football not Hearts. Some clubs only wanted temp reconstruction, some permanent. The details of 14-10-10-10 were poor. The 6-8 split was poor especially after only 2 rounds ( personally the split of any sort can GTF IMHO). Sky needs to agree with reconstruction as they have paid for 12-10-10-10. The 14-10-10-10 leaves "dead rubbers" clubs were due to sign up to 250-350000 less over the length of time the leagues were running with 14. Also had the potential of 3 clubs being relegated while trying to budget for competing in Premiership. It was a poor resolution that was "rushed through".

Also as as been said if Hearts, ICT & Rangers hadn't tried to null & void the leagues, as confirmed by 6 Championship clubs, which led to Scot Gardiner and ICT in general.going very quiet, they might have had more of a chance of some of those clubs being more friendly.

There's a case for null and void based on what happens when matches have to be abandoned. If Dundee Utd are 10-0 up against Dundee with 3 minutes to go and the match is abandoned, it's abandoned. D Utd don't just get the 3 points because they would have won anyhow. Obviously most people have a problem with null and void as it is incredibly unfair on teams going for titles and promotion, which is why I support reconstruction. Despite that, the Dutch went down the null and void route and the world still seems to have kept turning for them.

On top of that, in relation to the SPFL's decision making, we do all know the league never would have been ended like that if Rangers were 4 pts behind Celtic in the league title race right? (Seeing as it seems oK to post alternative scenarios). That's a big deal for anyone, like me, who is sick of the league being run for the OF and one reason why I support making life as difficult for the SPFL as possible. I don't actually think D Utd would have to stay down if we win the case by the way. Like magic, reconstruction would happen.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Problem is nothing the Dutch football authorities could do as

"FC Utrecht was sixth in the Netherlands Eredivisie when Prime Minister Mark Rutte announced on Friday that all major events would be cancelled until September, prompting the Dutch Football Association to call off this season."

So even if the league was continued as it was passed UEFA's deadline of 3rd August Utrecht could have played in Europe anyway.

Point is they went to court to fight their corner like us and PT are doing. 

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

There's a case for null and void based on what happens when matches have to be abandoned. If Dundee Utd are 10-0 up against Dundee with 3 minutes to go and the match is abandoned, it's abandoned. D Utd don't just get the 3 points because they would have won anyhow. Obviously most people have a problem with null and void as it is incredibly unfair on teams going for titles and promotion, which is why I support reconstruction. Despite that, the Dutch went down the null and void route and the world still seems to have kept turning for them.

On top of that, in relation to the SPFL's decision making, we do all know the league never would have been ended like that if Rangers were 4 pts behind Celtic in the league title race right? (Seeing as it seems oK to post alternative scenarios). That's a big deal for anyone, like me, who is sick of the league being run for the OF and one reason why I support making life as difficult for the SPFL as possible. I don't actually think D Utd would have to stay down if we win the case by the way. Like magic, reconstruction would happen.

It would have come down to the votes. If the clubs voted to do it then tough. I agree, but all it would have taken is for clubs to raise them resolution at a meeting and see if it got votes. The pressure from Ibrox and media would have been intense to be fair.

Null and void. would have been a disaster after 75% of league played. There are other sporting precedents though from other sports when events are shortened.

Guest 8GamesToGo
12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wouldn't worry, all will be forgotten when you pay off all the costs awarded for your tantrum.

"Release the benefactors Ann!"

I don't know why people think money is the issue here. Budge said way back we could afford the legal action and have funding to protect against the pandemic. Nice having fans that put their money where their mouths are. I think the 10m is ridiculous - plucked out the air by some lawyer - and would be fine with the parachute payment and whatever else the court thinks playing a 27 game league starting October is worth compensating us for. I'd like to know if that Resolution is lawful or not that's all and ideally also get some insights into the SPFL's thought processes and communications around this whole thing.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

It would have come down to the votes. If the clubs voted to do it then tough. I agree, but all it would have taken is for clubs to raise them resolution at a meeting and see if it got votes. The pressure from Ibrox and media would have been intense to be fair.

Null and void. would have been a disaster after 75% of league played. There are other sporting precedents though from other sports when events are shortened.

Null and void is horrible which is why not many leagues have gone for it. I get it's a great laugh watching Hearts doing funny Hearts things but no-one can convince me the decision to end the league wasn't taken way to early and for the wrong reasons, when there were other alternatives that could at least have been discussed.

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

I hate to break it to you mate but you're winning f**k all, much like last season. 

Relegated.  

Neither of us win much mate. To be fair though we do win more than you. I have to get to my scratcher.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

"Release the benefactors Ann!"

I don't know why people think money is the issue here. Budge said way back we could afford the legal action and have funding to protect against the pandemic. Nice having fans that put their money where their mouths are. I think the 10m is ridiculous - plucked out the air by some lawyer - and would be fine with the parachute payment and whatever else the court thinks playing a 27 game league starting October is worth compensating us for. I'd like to know if that Resolution is lawful or not that's all and ideally also get some insights into the SPFL's thought processes and communications around this whole thing.

Did you ever pay off that £28.5 million you owed your creditors by the way? Seems a bit trashy flashing the cash now if not.

8 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Point is they went to court to fight their corner like us and PT are doing. 

That may be the case, but it will be chucked out. How could Dutch have done anything different? Their government banned football until September.

Same in France. The league did not vote like we did so the courts put it back to the league. The clubs then voted to end league by PPG and that was that. Although action is being raised again by one of the relegated clubs, a vote was taken, majority voted to end. As it was a.democratic vote it is not expected the court action to come to anything.