League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

Neither of us win much mate. To be fair though we do win more than you.

Can't disagree with that to be fair.  And certainly winning friends and influencing people during this global pandemic to boot. 

It's been an absolute blast at times and, I hope, just the start of some east coast sourced banter years.  

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, TonyFerrino said:

Can't disagree with that to be fair.  And certainly winning friends and influencing people during this global pandemic to boot. 

It's been an absolute blast at times and, I hope, just the start of some east coast sourced banter years.  

Too right mate. If ever we needed some banter it's now. Sleep tight my Hibee pal. Sleep tight.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Did you ever pay off that £28.5 million you owed your creditors by the way? Seems a bit trashy flashing the cash now if not.

Don't forget the 'debt forgiveness' sponsored by some poor sods in eastern Europe, so it's a tad more than that.  Won a cup though, so every cloud.  

Edited by TonyFerrino

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Too right mate. If ever we needed some banter it's now. Sleep tight my Hibee pal. Sleep tight.

I doubt you'll be round tomorrow so all the best chief.  It's been nice.

Edited by TonyFerrino

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Null and void is horrible which is why not many leagues have gone for it. I get it's a great laugh watching Hearts doing funny Hearts things but no-one can convince me the decision to end the league wasn't taken way to early and for the wrong reasons, when there were other alternatives that could at least have been discussed.

I get that's how you feel, but genuinely I still have not heard, not just yourself, one viable explanation of HOW. I don't mean "it should be discussed", but how. If people think that calling the leagues (the vote only called Champ down, and give the mandate to call Prem if required) to give struggling clubs cash was too early and the decision weeks after to call the Premiership was too soon,.then they must have ideas as to how and when these games could have been played, considering Scot Gov have said No, Nada, Non, Mien to football. How it could have been afforded. Would this have been all leagues or just some? 

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I get that's how you feel, but genuinely I still have not heard, not just yourself, one viable explanation of HOW. I don't mean "it should be discussed", but how. If people think that calling the leagues (the vote only called Champ down, and give the mandate to call Prem if required) to give struggling clubs cash was too early and the decision weeks after to call the Premiership was too soon,.then they must have ideas as to how and when these games could have been played, considering Scot Gov have said No, Nada, Non, Mien to football. How it could have been afforded. Would this have been all leagues or just some? 

Dunno. Maybe someone can call up a club or league elsewhere and ask them how they did it, maybe write a big article on it all, including getting the SPFL's thoughts and the other clubs. Shame they've all disappeared. Anyhow, my point isn't just that restarting was an option (I believe) it's also that it should have been explored more fully. Reconstruction definitely could have happened though.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

8 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Dunno. Maybe someone can call up a club or league elsewhere and ask them how they did it, maybe write a big article on it all, including getting the SPFL's thoughts and the other clubs. Shame they've all disappeared. Anyhow, my point isn't just that restarting was an option (I believe) it's also that it should have been explored more fully. Reconstruction definitely could have happened though.

Quick question  for you 8GTG, you said you hadn't seen any evidence that games couldn't be played for too many posts that I kind of stopped reading, you also said you would hold your hands up and say you were wrong if shown the evidence.

You were shown the evidence, did you admit in the pages and pages of posts that the games couldn't be played and you were infact wrong. 

It could be a start to reconciliation with everyone else in Scottish football if you just admit it, it could be the beginning of peace breaking out. If you just admit it......... so?

I get that, but again, if you believe that restarting was an option, you MUST have ideas how that could have been done? Even taking into account things that have been brought up that you hadn't thought of, you must have some ideas.

This thread has been for the purpose of discussing these sorts of things. Anybody saying this or that has been asked to give their views. I believe that between null and void and current situation, the current situation was preferable. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Quick question  for you 8GTG, you said you hadn't seen any evidence that games couldn't be played for too many posts that I kind of stopped reading, you also said you would hold your hands up and say you were wrong if shown the evidence.

You were shown the evidence, did you admit in the pages and pages of posts that the games couldn't be played and you were infact wrong. 

It could be a start to reconciliation with everyone else in Scottish football if you just admit it, it could be the beginning of peace breaking out. If you just admit it......... so?

I haven't seen evidence because I don't know how hard the SPFL pushed to be in a position to restart the league. Or rather I do know, they didn't push at all because the called the league so early all they've focused on is starting the new season. Unlike other countries around Europe that somehow managed to successfully restart. Businesses everywhere have been lobbying governments to restart and change rules, etc etc. The SPFL could have put a plan together with all the safety protocols. They didn't even attempt to. 

I've seen evidence the government might let Scottish football start on August and evidence the SPFL have been pushing to get crowds in as early as possible, which has probably rubbed the government up the wrong way.

How can I get evidence of the SPFL and government working together to help football start sooner when the SPFL took that option off the table by ending the league as early as they did.

Guest 8GamesToGo
8 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I get that, but again, if you believe that restarting was an option, you MUST have ideas how that could have been done? Even taking into account things that have been brought up that you hadn't thought of, you must have some ideas.

This thread has been for the purpose of discussing these sorts of things. Anybody saying this or that has been asked to give their views. I believe that between null and void and current situation, the current situation was preferable. 

I agree, even though we would have got relegated. However I think delaying calling the league as long as possible (sorry I don't buy the SPFL arguments about money being released but maybe we'll find out more about that soon) or reconstruction was a better solution than both those. Neither were explored, which is my point.

As for ideas, don't we pay someone 400k to do that sort of thing? 3 games/week, mini tournament, hub stadiums... I would just follow whatever model worked in other countries. There was nothing stopping Doncaster getting on the phone to any one of them. Oh wait there was, there was no point as he'd already made sure  the league was called as soon as possible.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

How can I get evidence of the SPFL and government working together to help football start sooner when the SPFL took that option off the table by ending the league as early as they did.

Perhaps we should have got the UN and WHO involved as well to help Hearts out with their little difficulty in the midst of a global pandemic. Unforgivable that they weren't concentrating on what's important. 

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I agree, even though we would have got relegated. However I think delaying calling the league as long as possible (sorry I don't buy the SPFL arguments about money being released but maybe we'll find out more about that soon) or reconstruction was a better solution than both those. Neither were explored, which is my point.

Sorry, did I imagine reconstruction being explored (by a group led by Successful Businesswoman Ann Budge), but rejected by the league membership?

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, welshbairn said:

Perhaps we should have got the UN and WHO involved as well to help Hearts out with their little difficulty in the midst of a global pandemic. Unforgivable that they weren't concentrating on what's important. 

Quite a lot of other countries think football was important enough to restart as soon as they could. Like you, I would prefer to sit in my room drowning in sorrow at something I can't influence, but other people are keen to both treat the pandemic seriously and do some normal things.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Stag Nation said:

Sorry, did I imagine reconstruction being explored (by a group led by Successful Businesswoman Ann Budge), but rejected by the league membership?

I meant explored at the start along with all the other options together, but you knew that.

Quite a lot of other countries think football was important enough to restart as soon as they could. Like you, I would prefer to sit in my room drowning in sorrow at something I can't influence, but other people are keen to both treat the pandemic seriously and do some normal things.

Maybe Hearts could have joined the Belarus league and taken saunas and vodka to fight off the virus? And taken it back from the bath to share with their families? Anything to avoid a season or 3 in the Championship eh? 

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe Hearts could have joined the Belarus league and taken saunas and vodka to fight off the virus? And taken it back from the bath to share with their families? Anything to avoid a season or 3 in the Championship eh? 

You think the SPFL is doing a tremendous job, and there was nothing dodgy at all about how that resolution went down, that's fine. A judge agreed Hearts and PT have a case and a right to pursue it. I'm ok wth a season or 3 down there. At least we might win a few games.