League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sorry mate, you aren't reading a single word and you really are blinded to this. So I am out.

We're going to court over that Dundee vote so it is kind of key to this whole thing. It wasn't this cut and dried sensible and considered decision it's been made out to be. It was an absolute shitshow. All very avoidable by just taking a breath, resisting the pressure we all know Celtic were putting on the league, and seeing how things panned out for a few more weeks while at the same time planning for a few different potential scenarios.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
24 minutes ago, The DA said:

Scotland's curve started a couple of weeks later than other European countries so we're behind the curve on that one.  The Scottish Government were busy saving lives and would not have listened favourably to any such requests from the SPFL.  Before you say that we don't know until we try, I think we all know Nicola Sturgeon by now.

Perhaps the board of the SPFL were like-minded and didn't want to put football ahead of controlling the pandemic.

Your second paragraph even admits that pushing the Government 'rubs them up the wrong way'.

Sweden barely shut down at all and they're playing football already. Other countries found a way. We might not have made it happen, but the SPFL removed any chance of us finding a way by forcing an early decision and focusing entirely on the next season.

The start of the Arbitration meeting.

”Good morning all. Right let’s get to it. Did the SPFL Board do anything that was illegal?”

“It’s a “no” from me.”

”It’s a “no” from me as well.”

” I agree. Unanimous decision. Case dismissed. All costs to be met by Hearts and Partick Thistle.”

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Sweden barely shut down at all and they're playing football already. Other countries found a way. We might not have made it happen, but the SPFL removed any chance of us finding a way by forcing an early decision and focusing entirely on the next season.

4cf62d8c85cd1fa608e283111b3089d7.gif.5c2370f016c23b95aca9bfcf92092117.gif

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

4cf62d8c85cd1fa608e283111b3089d7.gif.5c2370f016c23b95aca9bfcf92092117.gif

Nice.

How about just playing the playoffs? That’s just a few games they could have slotted in in the next few weeks.

Why should Hamilton escape a playoff? Is it right caley, Dundee and Ayr miss out on a promotion chance?

So you want everything to be like a normal season? When are the clubs in England going to have their pre season? What have the players been doing the last 2 months? Training on their own I assume.

France played 7 games in 30 days at an elite level to win the last World Cup. No-one is telling me we couldn't have played the remaining games in July, especially as a number of them would be dead rubbers.

Of course there are issues, but it would have been possible with planning and imaginative ideas and if there was a will to get it done. Which there wasn't and there wasn't;t a will to discuss other alternatives seriously either. And it's worth asking why that was, which is why we're off to arbitration.

I know I shouldn't really respond to this idiot, but the bit in bold is just brilliant. After the experience of Germany, where there were a lot of muscle injuries, England went with a 3 week pre-restart block (2 and a half weeks for the 4 teams involved in rearranged games on June 17th), while Championship clubs had a week less. This involved friendlies between clubs in their local area (Arsenal played Brentford I think), or by having teams travelling to a venue midway between the two, within something like 30 miles. These games came after a week of contact training and inter-squad games (You may remember a Man Utd v Man Utd game at Old Trafford in the papers) The Championship clubs, by the way, were unhappy that there wasnt enough time to prepare for the restart. So even if we were allowed to start on June 22nd (which we weren't), and teams had players under contract then (many didn't, and there is no way to make a player extend his contract if he doesn't want to, even if just for a few weeks - look at Ryan Fraser at Bournemouth) we could be looking at maybe this weekend for the restart. 8 games between July 11th and August 1st would mean playing 10 games (league fixtures plus play offs) in 22 days. And that assumes we could get players tested, and no players test positive and force a team to isolate (Aberdeen have had a player test positive) and that the new season would just run straight after this season with no break at all. Even if we accept this pish about June 22nd and ignore the contract situations and ignore the cost of testing, it still couldn't be done safely.

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

Nice.

How about just playing the playoffs? That’s just a few games they could have slotted in in the next few weeks.

Why should Hamilton escape a playoff? Is it right caley, Dundee and Ayr miss out on a promotion chance?

Fucking Hell; are you still here???

I’d like to congratulate you on your persistence, but really don’t want to encourage you..

I bet all your mates on JKB are congratulating you on spending all your spare time over the last day or so getting it right up all these roasters on P&B, who have always held a deep seated anti Hearts agenda.

Total attention seeking pish!!

Enjoy your day.

1 hour ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I'm sure he was delighted. This narrative that Hearts are targeting D Utd is ridiculous. There were other solutions that would have avoided this. D Utd voted against those. This is all on the SPFL and the clubs that voted out of self interest to end the league earlier than it needed to be ended and then refused to seriously engage with other options.

I'm sorry but this post deserves this16251511.jpg.2054b8d7e5c44242bedc9255f1c5afd7.jpg

Hearts and PTFC are doing what they are doing for self interest and nothing more. Ann Budget's reconstruction plan was self interest.

If Ann Budge had seriously engaged with others, come up with a decent alternative that was not badly written due to being rushed through, reconstruction might have been voted through. This is a blinder played.by Ann Budge, to cover up fact that after admin, she has the club viable only with donations, over spent on a badly run and managed new stand project, played poorly end of 2018/19 played relegation form 2019/20. Had a squad that was over paid, under talented with no application, managed by someone who had lost objectivity.

Again WHAT OTHER  solutions? It's like someone stopping at a red light, and a 3rd party saying

"you didn't have to stop". Well it's a red light not allowed to go through it,

"you had other options", like what it's a red light. 

" But other option". OK what were they?

Repeat ad nauseam

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, MacArab said:

Fucking Hell; are you still here???

I’d like to congratulate you on your persistence, but really don’t want to encourage you..

I bet all your mates on JKB are congratulating you on spending all your spare time over the last day or so getting it right up all these roasters on P&B, who have always held a deep seated anti Hearts agenda.

Total attention seeking pish!!

Enjoy your day.

So that’s a no to the playoffs despite that being very doable? Lucky Hamilton. Did they have someone on the Spfl board or something?

34 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

If it was so sensible why did they need that Dundee vote fiasco to get it done? 

Was the "Dundee vote" not simply one for agreeing that PPG would be used if the season couldnt be completed?

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

I'm sorry but this post deserves this16251511.jpg.2054b8d7e5c44242bedc9255f1c5afd7.jpg

Hearts and PTFC are doing what they are doing for self interest and nothing more. Ann Budget's reconstruction plan was self interest.

If Ann Budge had seriously engaged with others, come up with a decent alternative that was not badly written due to being rushed through, reconstruction might have been voted through. This is a blinder played.by Ann Budge, to cover up fact that after admin, she has the club viable only with donations, over spent on a badly run and managed new stand project, played poorly end of 2018/19 played relegation form 2019/20. Had a squad that was over paid, under talented with no application, managed by someone who had lost objectivity.

Again WHAT OTHER  solutions? It's like someone stopping at a red light, and a 3rd party saying

"you didn't have to stop". Well it's a red light not allowed to go through it,

"you had other options", like what it's a red light. 

" But other option". OK what were they?

Repeat ad nauseam

Everyone is doing everything out of self interest yes. Except maybe james anderson. 

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Everyone is doing everything out of self interest yes. Except maybe james anderson. 

Aye, I had big doubts about the way that all came about at first but fair play to James Anderson, just a guy who wants to give generously to football at all levels.  What he's gonna do for Glasgow City is class. 

Play offs now would be meaningless, they aren't even the same teams that finished the season in March. And going straight into competitive football after a week of full contact training would be a farce. 

33 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

We're going to court over that Dundee vote so it is kind of key to this whole thing. It wasn't this cut and dried sensible and considered decision it's been made out to be. It was an absolute shitshow. All very avoidable by just taking a breath, resisting the pressure we all know Celtic were putting on the league, and seeing how things panned out for a few more weeks while at the same time planning for a few different potential scenarios.

Your not, it's multiple "reasons".

The Dundee vote is entirely legal. As per The Companies Act 2006. Besides why Dundee? Why not one of the other no voting clubs? Why Dundee?

The above act gives 28 days for votes. The Friday deadline was a request, not legally enforceable. As per the act "no" votes are irrelevant, all that is required is the number of yes votes at the end of 28 days.  In other votes around Scotland people who haven't voted yes will be spoken to to try and get them to agree, they can think for themselves and if convinced that can vote, if not they don't.

That is EXACTLY what happened in this case. The email being caught in email protection system is very common. For further information on one of these try

https://www.trustwave.com/en-us/services/technology/secure-email-gateway/

Just now, welshbairn said:

Play offs now would be meaningless, they aren't even the same teams that finished the season in March. And going straight into competitive football after a week of full contact training would be a farce. 

The only playoff I could envisage would be between Kelty Hearts & Brora 

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

Your not, it's multiple "reasons".

The Dundee vote is entirely legal. As per The Companies Act 2006. Besides why Dundee? Why not one of the other no voting clubs? Why Dundee?

The above act gives 28 days for votes. The Friday deadline was a request, not legally enforceable. As per the act "no" votes are irrelevant, all that is required is the number of yes votes at the end of 28 days.  In other votes around Scotland people who haven't voted yes will be spoken to to try and get them to agree, they can think for themselves and if convinced that can vote, if not they don't.

That is EXACTLY what happened in this case. The email being caught in email protection system is very common. For further information on one of these try

https://www.trustwave.com/en-us/services/technology/secure-email-gateway/

A "a successful businesswoman" would know this if course. 

1 hour ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Contact games have been announced as possibly starting this Saturday. Just thought it was relevant to the debate.

If all these fans of clubs who voted themselves out of relegation trouble or to get their titles early want to believe there was no way to play the remaining games or to get some sort of temporary reconstruction done that didn't harm any clubs much more than others then that's up to them. Lord Clark said we have a case so we'll find something out one way or the other.

It is, it shows that we might have had 2 weeks to play 8 games. Then have difficulty in scheduling next season due to Euros, penalties to Sky and the other myriad of reasons already put forward. 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was the "Dundee vote" not simply one for agreeing that PPG would be used if the season couldnt be completed?

No the Dundee vote was the one that called the Champ down there and then by PPG and gave the SPFL the power to call Prem later if it couldn't be finished.