League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

It is, it shows that we might have had 2 weeks to play 8 games. Then have difficulty in scheduling next season due to Euros, penalties to Sky and the other myriad of reasons already put forward. 

8 league games, playoffs, two rounds of the Scottish Cup and the Challenge Cup final all to fit in that gap 😀

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

8 league games, playoffs, two rounds of the Scottish Cup and the Challenge Cup final all to fit in that gap 😀

A feast of football.  Pity I'm at work or I could have watched 24/7 Premiership football.

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That would be totally pointless.

There is a hypothetical situation where Hearts & co win (league placing, not compensation). Reconstruction is done to the minimum to avoid potential further challenge (even though they can't afford it) from Dundee United & co (14-10-10-10 off the table as it had been rejected) so they go for odd top flught with 43 team's (13-10x3) and adding one to make up the space in League Two. 

A (big) stretch but not entirely impossible to reach that point given the shambles that would arise if they won. 

Edited by itzdrk

59 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Nice.

How about just playing the playoffs? That’s just a few games they could have slotted in in the next few weeks.

Why should Hamilton escape a playoff? Is it right caley, Dundee and Ayr miss out on a promotion chance?

I'm all for that, ICT and Ayr United barely have a squad to assemble, we would surly make the final!

Oh wait no, we can't because FOOTBALL HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN THE GREEN LIGHT TO START.

It's not fuckin' difficult to understand.

Hearts are doon, get over it.

8 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

It's like they're lining up the kickback mentalists to have a crack at P &.B, starting with least insane to totally deranged. Can't wait to see what crackpot turns up next.

I like to imagine that JKB is like a huge NASA control room. They gather together their best minds to come up with the most salient arguments to equip their most experienced and highly trained poster for the journey to P&B. JKB think that they have launched Apollo 11 & that this will lead to their eternal glory. However, when it arrives at P&B, the reality is more like Apollo 13, a rocket exploding all over the place. 

Just now, johnnydun said:

@Sinner-to-Saint you really need to change the thread title.

You could call it;

Hearts Are Having Arbitration and we could all call it HAHA for short.

Hearts want null and void reconstruction reconstruction reconstruction no relegation compensation arbitration thread

12 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

I like to imagine that JKB is like a huge NASA control room. They gather together their best minds to come up with the most salient arguments to equip their most experienced and highly trained poster for the journey to P&B. JKB think that they have launched Apollo 11 & that this will lead to their eternal glory. However, when it arrives at P&B, the reality is more like Apollo 13, a rocket exploding all over the place. 

@8GamesToGo must have missed one of his briefings.

image.thumb.png.685cf5e633f0f41ed0734ebc822d1064.png

9 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Nice.

How about just playing the playoffs? That’s just a few games they could have slotted in in the next few weeks.

Why should Hamilton escape a playoff? Is it right caley, Dundee and Ayr miss out on a promotion chance?

Is it right for football in this country to continue during a worldwide pandemic, ask players to go to work and train, mix with others, stay in hotels, travel to stadiums, have staff in to run stadiums, mix with others and do other non essential work then go home to their families and potentially spread a non curable virus? The infection rate is low only because we are in lockdown. Once this eases more and people are on the move itll start to spread again - what happens if theres a local lockdown in Edinburgh with 2 games to go and Hearts are 4 points behind?  Does the season get extended again for Hearts?

Do you put players with health conditions into the awkward position of refusing to work due to health risks? Referees and officials too?

Is it right to ask clubs to extend contracts to players when clubs dont know if or when said games will be played due to potential local lockdown restrictions? With no fans at games to support these contracts?

Is it right to allow Hearts the chance to sign a(nother) raft of out of contract players to bail them out of a situation that wouldn't have been the case during normal season times and give them an unfair advantage over Hamilton or other teams who couldn't afford to do so?

Is it right to put the new Sky deal in jeopardy by letting this season drag on and making next season truncated? Is it right to have teams not compete in Europe as we cant finish the leagues before the cut off periods?

Or do we close early, stick  to government and health experts advice, dish out final payments to clubs and wait till theres a better time to start football?

Its a shite situation. We all know it's not ideal to end the season the way we have but theres really no other bullet proof, guaranteed way to resolve this season without massive loss of cash, clubs and at worst case, lives. I'd be raging if it was United not getting promoted but I'd have a full body minter if my club was doing what Hearts were and I'm pretty sure any other supporter in this country would too.

Some people have forgotten why we are in lockdown. 

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Can anybody remind me how many games remained unplayed by most Premiership teams when the season was halted ? I feel I should know this.

A question shrouded in mystery due to Neil Doncaster's hidden agenda but thanks to our esteemed colleague's username I believe the answer may involve the number 8.

Judging by their insistence that these games plus play offs could be played in the space of about a fortnight I assume this means 8 in total across all teams, as clearly completing 8 full rounds of fixtures would be impossible. So my best guess is 1 per team with a couple having 2 left to play.

Crazy that we're not playing them right now to be honest. Just think, we could be watching Hearts get relegated live right before our eyes.

2 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

It's a challenging time. There are barriers. Also solutions. Would be nice to have at least tried .

As I say maybe in arbitration we'll find out how the SPFL went about this and what sort of effort they put into other options or if it was all focused on pushing through ending the league. 

I think arbitration is a confidential process. 

This utter melt is the perfect summation of Hearts fans just now.

Will cry and cry and cry. Will also try and wear you down and break your spirit by way of sheer quantity of what they say rather than anything of any substance.

It's like a wee drunk guy trying to ramblingly reason with a bouncer why he should be let into a nightclub but not just taking the fucking hint and going home.

2 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Expelled into a 27 game league not starting until October and even that was only decided recently (talking of planning). Thistle didn't even know if clubs in their new league were going to play at all until recently. 

If it was so sensible why did they need that Dundee vote fiasco to get it done? What an embarrassment this whole thing has been from start to finish. And more to come.

The sensible decision was try to play to a finish (or at least try harder than the SPFL did) and if that didn't work out reconstruct to avoid what has now happened.

:lol: It's no' fair!

3 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Expelled into a 27 game league not starting until October and even that was only decided recently (talking of planning). Thistle didn't even know if clubs in their new league were going to play at all until recently. 

If it was so sensible why did they need that Dundee vote fiasco to get it done? What an embarrassment this whole thing has been from start to finish. And more to come.

The sensible decision was try to play to a finish (or at least try harder than the SPFL did) and if that didn't work out reconstruct to avoid what has now happened.

If the bit in bold refers to your team's season, then at last you have something right.