League Reconstruction 20/21 season

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's a wee warm up one on the go to get everyone in Scottish football ready for the big event.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tannadice-to-tynecastle-walk?utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link-tip

Donated...

Dundee clubs costing me a fortune fighting the Maroon scum.. First the purchase of the Dundee FC jersey in accordance with the HiDee alliance signed in 1986 and their good fight next season.. Now Uniteds turn for some of the original green pound..

Edited by Bohemian

4 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Donated...

Dundee clubs costing me a fortune fighting the Maroon scum.. First the purchase of the Dundee FC jersey in accordance with the HiDee alliance signed in 1986 and their good fight next season.. Now Uniteds turn for some of the original green pound..

I am sure Utd's multi millionaire owner will be delighted with your contribution 

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
2 hours ago, Insaintee said:
In the interests of fairness I think we should move to a 14 team top league 

Relegate Hearts and Hamilton 

Promote Dundee united, ICT, Dundee and Ayr United 

We're Scottish Premiership establishment pal. Know your place!

You did get off having to play a relegation playoff when, assuming everyone on here is right and there's no way the SPFL could have got contact games starting a week or so ago, contact games do seem to be starting this weekend meaning the playoffs could very easily still have happened. So you clearly deserved a playoff for "finishing 11th" yet there is no playoff. There's something fundamentally wrong that your chairman was part of the decision-making process that led to that. Same with Brechin.

You did get off having to play a relegation playoff when, assuming everyone on here is right and there's no way the SPFL could have got contact games starting a week or so ago, contact games do seem to be starting this weekend meaning the playoffs could very easily still have happened. So you clearly deserved a playoff for "finishing 11th" yet there is no playoff. There's something fundamentally wrong that your chairman was part of the decision-making process that led to that. Same with Brechin.
That must hurt, eh? GIRFUY!

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I know I shouldn't really respond to this idiot, but the bit in bold is just brilliant. After the experience of Germany, where there were a lot of muscle injuries, England went with a 3 week pre-restart block (2 and a half weeks for the 4 teams involved in rearranged games on June 17th), while Championship clubs had a week less. This involved friendlies between clubs in their local area (Arsenal played Brentford I think), or by having teams travelling to a venue midway between the two, within something like 30 miles. These games came after a week of contact training and inter-squad games (You may remember a Man Utd v Man Utd game at Old Trafford in the papers) The Championship clubs, by the way, were unhappy that there wasnt enough time to prepare for the restart. So even if we were allowed to start on June 22nd (which we weren't), and teams had players under contract then (many didn't, and there is no way to make a player extend his contract if he doesn't want to, even if just for a few weeks - look at Ryan Fraser at Bournemouth) we could be looking at maybe this weekend for the restart. 8 games between July 11th and August 1st would mean playing 10 games (league fixtures plus play offs) in 22 days. And that assumes we could get players tested, and no players test positive and force a team to isolate (Aberdeen have had a player test positive) and that the new season would just run straight after this season with no break at all. Even if we accept this pish about June 22nd and ignore the contract situations and ignore the cost of testing, it still couldn't be done safely.

I've said that if the SPFL had made finishing the league their priority and allowed more time for that option to be explored, we could just maybe have had more than 22 days to finish the games. Governments have not been dictating to businesses and organisations these last few months. It's been a constant dialogue.

My point has always been based on the simple fact we all know that had Rangers been a couple of wins or a win and a draw behind Celtic when football was stopped, the main priority from the SPFL would have been "How do we play to a finish." The league might still have been stopped but it would have been a LAST not FIRST resort.

I'm sick of football in this country being run for the Old Firm, just like the fixture list that's just been released. Going to court for me is much more about standing up for the non-OF teams, of which mine just happens to be one of the three most affected by this thing through our own shiteness last season.

Point is 4pts with 8 games to go would have been treated as a full on title battle.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

One thing positive about this eventually going to Arbitration...

Hearts: "It's not fair 😭😭😭" isn't valid anymore.

How so? They're still putting a case in front of the arbiters which essentially is just 'That's not fair' repeated about 8 times.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

That must hurt, eh? GIRFUY!

Scottish football summed up. We have every right to say the same to D Utd and Raith in that case.

6 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

The World Cup happens within a 30 day period. Of course they could have made it work. Hub stadiums, health and safety protocols, etc, etc. If other leagues can do it we could have. Players could have been put up in hotels for a month. Lots of solutions could have been found.

But yeah, it was a much better idea to end the league completely way earlier than it needed to be and not even explore these possibilities. It was a rushed decision to end the league in dubious circumstances, followed by a refusal to look at other options seriously, which is why we're off to arbitration. All of this stuff with D Utd and Raith could have been avoided.

There's been a huge human effort over the past few months to get around challenges raised by COVID. Businesses have adapted etc etc. The SPFL has shown zero leadership and willingness to even try.

You really are a complete fantasist.....

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, C4mmy31 said:

You really are a complete fantasist.....

As are you if you don't think a team can play 8 games  in 30 days.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Hearts are not being punished 

Then neither are D Utd and Raith so maybe they should stop their "squealing"? Is that not how this works?

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

Then neither are D Utd and Raith so maybe they should stop their "squealing"? Is that not how this works?

Your shitty lot are getting their reward for finishing bottom, with no games to go.:)

It's only fitting that Dundee United and Raith get their rewards for finishing top.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

There's a wee warm up one on the go to get everyone in Scottish football ready for the big event.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tannadice-to-tynecastle-walk?utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link-tip

They'll need to walk a lot farther than that if it's the same lawyer from the hearing they'll be paying for. He stretched what should have been a few hours into 3 days with his endless waffle. And lost his motion. What a fantastic use of fans money.