League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

I’m hoping we find out through arbitration. If this was their aim they did a great job of hiding it. 

That's my concern though, with the arbitration process taking place behind closed doors and bound by confidentiality, unless all parties agree to the information being made public, which is unlikely, we may never know.

11 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Thanks for the sincere good wishes. I don’t think we have a hope and the panel will say this was a shitshow and there are questions to be asked around that and whether “duty of care” responsibilities have been met, but the vote seems to have happens within the spfl rule book and. Like the QC on sportsound said they can’t rule on the fairness of it it seems. We’ll see what happens. So basically we’ll lose and really will “take our medicine” at that point. As will Thisstle and they’re the club likely to suffer the most, which everyone seems fine with. I appreciate your open, genuine and entirely unsarcastic reply though.

You're welcome.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

That's my concern though, with the arbitration process taking place behind closed doors and bound by confidentiality, unless all parties agree to the information being made public, which is unlikely, we may never know.

Yeah it was disapponting not to be able to go to open court and ask doncaster, helms, lawell etc to explain themselves under oath. Assume we’ll get some sort of detail in the thinking behind a ruling though.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Nobody much liked Neil Doncaster before this coronavirus hit, but in comparison to the bile, hypocrisy, stupidity, spite, and outright attacks on the rest of Scottish fitba' coming out of the camp that lost the vote, he's coming across as a relatively reasonable, sane, and measured individual. Despite concocting a lengthy dossier on Neil Doncaster's wrongdoings, you guys somehow managed to make make him look good!

Your problem is that you see this as a fight between Hearts and Neil Doncaster. It's not. It's Hearts versus most Scottish football clubs, as well as just the reality of the pandemic. Squeezing enough training to be safe, as well as 8/9 football matches, AND another 2/3 playoffs into 6 weeks, as well as organizing the next season isn't possible, especially since some teams have yet to even recruit players for next season (and when the league was called off, it was unclear that there would even *be* those six weeks). There are a ton of reasons why club chairmen figured the proposal was the best way to end the season, and 'Neil Doncaster hypnotized me into voting for it' was exactly none of them.

Neil Doncaster even took Hearts' side on reconstruction. So did Celtic - but that doesn't fit the absurd fantasy of the Kickback delusioneers so it's completely ignored in favour of some absurd 'They all line up to hate us' story that is based on a distorted view of events, and on ignoring the inconvenient facts (It's hard to squeeze out of you guys the salient, possibly case-ending, fact that Dundeegate wasn't where the Premiership season was ended, that came over a month later, and with the assent of Hearts).

I am genuinely saddened to see that Jambo-slayer-in-waiting Mr. Neil Doncaster (peace be upon him) is no longer referred to by his SPL / FiveWay Agreement / Sevco stitch-up / 2012 nomenclature of "Neil Cockwomble".

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

You're welcome.

I feel like in other circumstances we could be friends. But we’re all just pawns on a green and blue chessboard.

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Yeah it was disapponting not to be able to go to open court and ask doncaster, helms, lawell etc to explain themselves under oath. Assume we’ll get some sort of detail in the thinking behind a ruling though.

Time will tell I suppose. I'm more minded to believe that it was more incompetence surrounding all this, rather than any illegality.

6 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

And you think Celtic would settle for that.:lol:

That wasn't your point at all though, was it? You were saying fans (in this case a hibs fan) would be wanting the calling of the leagues reversed if they were disadvantaged. However, you either forgot or did not realise that 2 points behind with a game in hand would result in the team in second (hibs, in your own example) actually being advantaged by the calling of the league, not disadvantaged. 

It was a basic error that you have tried, rather clumsily, to cover yourself for, instead of just saying 'okay hands up bad analogy'. 

I'd say nice try, but, well, it really wasn't. 

1 minute ago, AndyDD said:

That wasn't your point at all though, was it? You were saying fans (in this case a hibs fan) would be wanting the calling of the leagues reversed if they were disadvantaged. However, you either forgot or did not realise that 2 points behind with a game in hand would result in the team in second (hibs, in your own example) actually being advantaged by the calling of the league, not disadvantaged. 

It was a basic error that you have tried, rather clumsily, to cover yourself for, instead of just saying 'okay hands up bad analogy'. 

Okay, I made an error, but most could read beyond that particular analogy and see the point I was attempting to make.  Any team that felt they had suffered big time, and could afford it, would have went to court. 

12 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Maybe I'm being thick here, but was that not the position Partick Thistle were in, except at the bottom of the table? It certainly didn't advantage them to use PPG.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe I'm being thick here, but was that not the position Partick Thistle were in, except at the bottom of the table? It certainly didn't advantage them to use PPG.

Being at the bottom of the league generally means that you are bad at football and your number of points per game will be <1. Being at the top of the league generally means that you are good at football and that your number of points per game will be >2.

Guest 8GamesToGo
24 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Time will tell I suppose. I'm more minded to believe that it was more incompetence surrounding all this, rather than any illegality.

They've certainly done everything they can to avoid public scrutiny which is usually a sign of having something to hide! Who know,s

Maybe the fans of other clubs giving us grief all end up thanking us if it does lead to more transparent and accountable governance of Scottish football. Doubt it'll, they'll still think we're selfish wankers no doubt. Anyhow, apologies for spamming this thread.

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Can't wait until the tribunal confirms Hearts and Partick are doon, with significant costs to pay and we, the Calpol Three, can bring forward the motion to expel these rat clubs 🍊👊 

That's not going to happen. Your diddy club don't have the balls. ^_^

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Relegate Hearts and Hamilton 

Is the correct answer (after a playoff in Hamilton's case) if all the rules were followed to the letter in terms of who "deserves" what as everyone seems to think they should be. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Can't wait until the tribunal confirms Hearts and Partick are doon, with significant costs to pay and we, the Calpol Three, can bring forward the motion to expel these rat clubs 🍊👊 

f**k me, you'll have to walk from lands end to John o groats too fund that one.

Guest 8GamesToGo
21 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Okay, I made an error, but most could read beyond that particular analogy and see the point I was attempting to make.  Any team that felt they had suffered big time, and could afford it, would have went to court. 

They deliberately won't. They'll zoom in on spelling mistakes and autocorrect instead of properly engaging with the points as know they may have backed the wrong horse in the SPFL and it's a sign they know this arbitration could go either way and that maybe reconstruction might have been the option that did the least damage overall. Certainly voting to end the league early and opposing reconstruction looks like costing D Utd and Raith more than taking time to explore other options and get reconstruction done might have.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

7 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

They've certainly done everything they can to avoid public scrutiny which is usually a sign of having something to hide! Who know,s

Maybe the fans of other clubs giving us grief all end up thanking us if it does lead to more transparent and accountable governance of Scottish football. Doubt it'll, they'll still think we're selfish wankers no doubt. Anyhow, apologies for spamming this thread.

No worries, don't mention it.