League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I think I am. Because that way we would have preserved sporting integrity and Hearts would have had a fair shot to save themselves.

Like Werder Bremen did.

Why didn't we consider this?

You might have but the spfl didn’t. Or not for long.

Anyhow weren’t you for null and void? What changed your mind?

Ok mr pedant. East Fife fan standing up for Rangers and the blazers whatever they called themselves that year. Seen it all now.

Not standing up for Rangers, I wanted them kicked out. Just amazed that someone as well informed as you about, well, everything would have made such a simple mistake.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Romeo said:

"If"

Yes if hibs or anyone were in a genuine title race with celtic the league would be called on ppg!

It’s like the Twighlight Zone.

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Forest_Fifer said:

Not standing up for Rangers, I wanted them kicked out. Just amazed that someone is well informed as you about, well, everything would have made such a simple mistake.

Good man. I’m focusing on the bigger argument not my spelling. I’ll leave the detail to the lawyers prepping our case right now. Hopefully it leads to reconstruction if we win as the solution that doesn’t punish any club.

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

You might have but the spfl didn’t. Or not for long.

Anyhow weren’t you for null and void? What changed your mind?

I am always open minded.

God darn blast the SPFL. This is simply dastardly.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think I am. Because that way we would have preserved sporting integrity and Hearts would have had a fair shot to save themselves.

Like Werder Bremen did.

Why didn't we consider this?

You're right you know, there was no reason not to go ahead with this. Road to Damascus moment for me. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
Just now, Golden Gordon said:

You're right you know, there was no reason not to go ahead with this. Road to Damascus moment for me. 

No reason not to make it the main aim and work for it instead of pushing for an early calling of the league, no.

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I am always open minded.

God darn blast the SPFL. This is simply dastardly.

We’ll maybe find out of it was dastardly or not when the arbitration stuff is done. 50/50 according to the raith chairman.

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

No reason not to make it the main aim and work for it instead of pushing for an early calling of the league, no.

My god! I have seen the light. Of course, why didn't I, and Neil Doncaster, and the 30-odd club chairmen and all the rest of Scottish fitba' think of that?

It's so simple. Just keep playing games.

Gosh. We all feel stupid now.

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Do we know for certain that this wasn't always the main aim, that the SPFL clubs lobbied for this, but the Scottish Government weren't for budging, so they made a pragmatic decision based on the information they had at the time?

4 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

We’ll maybe find out of it was dastardly or not when the arbitration stuff is done. 50/50 according to the raith chairman.

There's a man who knows what he's talking about.

0.jpg

40 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

So you don't believe you would want your club to do the same, say if Hibs were sitting 2 points behind Celtic at the top of the league with a game in hand, and they called the league?

Ooft. 

golden retriever gifofdogs GIF by Rover.com

Guest 8GamesToGo
12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fingers crossed for you lad. From an Aberdeen fan xx

Thanks for the sincere good wishes. I don’t think we have a hope and the panel will say this was a shitshow and there are questions to be asked around that and whether “duty of care” responsibilities have been met, but the vote seems to have happens within the spfl rule book and. Like the QC on sportsound said they can’t rule on the fairness of it it seems. We’ll see what happens. So basically we’ll lose and really will “take our medicine” at that point. As will Thisstle and they’re the club likely to suffer the most, which everyone seems fine with. I appreciate your open, genuine and entirely unsarcastic reply though.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
19 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Do we know for certain that this wasn't always the main aim, that the SPFL clubs lobbied for this, but the Scottish Government weren't for budging, so they made a pragmatic decision based on the information they had at the time?

I’m hoping we find out through arbitration. If this was their aim they did a great job of hiding it. 

As I said in one of my 1000 posts (sorry about that) the media at the time was all “null and void is unfair” (on Celtic mostly). Avoiding that was the main aim.

Edited by 8GamesToGo