League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Hearts, Stranraer And Thistle voted FOR D Utd to be in the Premiership, Raith to be in the Championship and Cove to be in League 1

Meanwhile D Utd, Raith and Cove (as far as I know) voted AGAINST Hearts to be in the Premiership, Thistle to be in the Championship and Stranraer to be in League 1.

Pretty sure Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer were in the 19% who voted no champ

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Hearts, Stranraer And Thistle came bottom of their leagues, and were demoted.

Meanwhile D Utd, Raith and Cove came top of their leagues, and were promoted.

Who screwed who over exactly? Nobody, that's football.

Hearts want to overturn that by giving a shed load of money to lawyers, During a global pandemic. Because they can't accept they're shite at football.

Sinking in yet?

8ubGFLt.gif

Yes.

Guest 8GamesToGo
4 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Pretty sure Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer were in the 19% who voted no champ

Selective quoting there. I specifically put in the last vote (you know the one that directly led to the legal action) to avoid going back to all the discussion around that vote should never have happened - certainly not that early - as there were other options not being considered. Way back then there were other options to explore and Hearts have been consistent in putting those forward, and everything Hearts has put forward would have benefited D Utd, Cove and Raith. EVERYTHING those 3 clubs have done has been against Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer. I was replying to someone who asked exactly what D Utd had done wrong.

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Selective quoting there. I specifically put in the last vote (you know the one that directly led to the legal action) to avoid going back to all the discussion around that vote should never have happened - certainly not that early - as there were other options not being considered. Way back then there were other options to explore and Hearts have been consistent in putting those forward, and everything Hearts has put forward would have benefited D Utd, Cove and Raith. EVERYTHING those 3 clubs have done has been against Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer. I was replying to someone who asked exactly what D Utd had done wrong.

How would 14-14-14 have benefited Cove Rangers? Or 14-10-10-10 for that matter? Maybe 12-12-10-10 might have worked.

Edited by welshbairn

17 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I'm trying to keep out of this now but yes I can. It's very simple at the last vote to sort this out without going to court:

Hearts, Stranraer And Thistle voted FOR D Utd to be in the Premiership, Raith to be in the Championship and Cove to be in League 1

Meanwhile D Utd, Raith and Cove (as far as I know) voted AGAINST Hearts to be in the Premiership, Thistle to be in the Championship and Stranraer to be in League 1.

Who screwed who over exactly?

They then begged for money to enter a court proceedings they don't need to be in as a result of the legal action they KNEW would result from those rather spiteful voting actions.

Sinking in yet?

8ubGFLt.gif

Please, please, for the love of the deity of your choice, keep out of this now.

12 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I'm trying to keep out of this now but yes I can. It's very simple at the last vote to sort this out without going to court:

Who screwed who over exactly?

They then begged for money to enter a court proceedings they don't need to be in as a result of the legal action they KNEW would result from those rather spiteful voting actions.

Sinking in yet?

8ubGFLt.gif

Utter, utter condescending shite!

We voted in a democratic fashion against a piss poor reconstruction offer.

Hearts because it is they, Thistle are hanging on the coat tails, could (and again not too sure how long it has to be repeated until it sinks in) gone to arbitration weeks and weeks ago. Which is the situation we are in now, but would have saved all the money spent on legal fees.

Just because it would save you, it doesn't mean the reconstruction idea was good. If it had been any good the clubs would have voted for it.

To answer your question yes, yes you are!

By the way has it sunk in yet  that the league couldn't have been played? Or do you need the facts repeated for another 40 pages??

Edited by Tannadeechee

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

EVERYTHING those 3 clubs have done has been against Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer. I was replying to someone who asked exactly what D Utd had done wrong.

They did nothing, except vote to end the season as close to a normal year as possible, as did 80% of the clubs. And defend themselves with a lawyer when named as respondents in a lawsuit - something that every legal professional would advise.

You don't even know whether any of them voted for or against reconstruction, but in the space of two points, you've started claiming, as fact, that they voted against. The fact you're now coming up with guesses in order to paint the victims of your team's meritless lawsuits as wrongdoers surely puts you in intellectually dishonest 'are we the bad guys' territory.

So, this statement of Hearts, was it just a coincidence it was released about the same time as their biggest rivals were announcing the signing of a really good player that hearts fans thought was signing for them?

1 minute ago, GAD said:

So, this statement of Hearts, was it just a coincidence it was released about the same time as their biggest rivals were announcing the signing of a really good player that hearts fans thought was signing for them?

Eh no every team misses out on signings.

Guest 8GamesToGo
47 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Utter, utter condescending shite!

We voted in a democratic fashion against a piss poor reconstruction offer.

Hearts because it is they, Thistle are hanging on the coat tails, could (and again not too sure how long it has to be repeated until it sinks in) gone to arbitration weeks and weeks ago. Which is the situation we are in now, but would have saved all the money spent on legal fees.

Just because it would save you, it doesn't mean the reconstruction idea was good. If it had been any good the.cluns.would have voted for it.

To answer your question yes, yes you are!

By the way has it sunk in yet  that the league couldn't have been played? Or do you need the facts repeated for another 40 pages??

Talk about condescending. Thistle was the first to say they'd taken legal advice I believe. "Wee teams" not allowed to stand up for themselves? 

Yes, I do still think with a bit of will, planning and cooperation a way could have been found to finish the league or even just play playoffs and the SC if they had decided back in March that was their preference and had at least given it a chance, but I appreciate I'm in a minority on that one in this thread if not in the real world.

Guest 8GamesToGo
53 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

as did 80% of the clubs

However true, that's a misleading figure in the context of the vote as everyone who uses it knows. And didn't Aberdeen not vote in the end or considered not voting or something because they were told they didn't need to? It all rested on ONE possibly dodgy changed vote in the end, which is why we're off to arbitration. So I'm not good at maths but if Dundee's original vote had counted would it have been 70-something% of clubs voted for it but it didn't pass? I'm sure everyone would have been perfectly fine with that...

Edited by 8GamesToGo

8 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Talk about condescending. Thistle was the first to say they'd taken legal advice I believe. "Wee teams" not allowed to stand up for themselves? 

Yes, I do still think with a bit of will, planning and cooperation a way could have been found to finish the league or even just play playoffs and the SC if they had decided back in March that was their preference and had at least given it a chance, but I appreciate I'm in a minority on that one in this thread if not in the real world.

I'm pretty sure Budge mentioned about legal action around about the time she was bravely threatening to cancel contracts in order to force players to take a wage cut.  This was when she was on several statements a day so I could be wrong here, but it was a while back and long before any other mob came out with it, unsurprisingly.

6 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

However true, that's a misleading figure in the context of the vote as everyone who uses it knows. And didn't Aberdeen not vote in the end or considered not voting or something because they were told they didn't need to? It all rested on ONE possibly dodgy changed vote in the end, which is why we're off to arbitration. So I'm not good at maths but if Dundee's original vote had counted would it have been 70-something% of clubs voted for it but it didn't pass? I'm sure everyone would have been perfectly fine with that...

81% of clubs voted in favour of ending the league before Dundee's (yes) vote was counted, not all clubs registered a vote as far as I understand. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

81% of clubs voted in favour of ending the league before Dundee's (yes) vote was counted, not all clubs registered a vote as far as I understand. 

Yeah it's a weird system. And Dundee's one vote was still the decider. So here we are.

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

Yeah it's a weird system. And Dundee's one vote was still the decider. So here we are.

And the SPFL are committed to accepting the vote was received when it was sent, it all hinges on the panels take on whether that vote can then be changed or whether the addition of a no option removes that.