League Reconstruction 20/21 season

I really don't see much financial between 1000 and 0 fans unless if you add in the arseache of administering it, setting up safe clean environments etc.
Unless folk are paying 100 quid a match

They clearly stated that one of the considerations was about getting fans to attend. The bigger stadiums in Scotland could easily have something like 8-10000 people there even if strict distancing was still in place, albeit there would still be issues with other aspects which would have to be considered.

The other issue would be broadcasting facilities. These already exist at Premiership grounds and some lower league grounds, but obviously not at Oriam or wherever you're talking about in Dundee.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd imagine that McDiarmid Park, Broadwood, Tony Macaroni and Rugby Park would be the best choices in terms of accessibility for all clubs.

I understand why you say that, but accessibility for fans is also relevant - you have to make the assumption that certain clubs would want / could sell more tickets for matches than others and I really cant see either of Celtic or Rangers being delighted with a couple of thousand inside the TM arena.

I am not turning this into a crowdwank, but if there are to be crowds at games, it would stand to reason that you could get more people into (for example) an Easter Road or Tynecastle than the TM?

I am (for the purpose of my strawman) ignoring entirely that they probably also want plastic pitches 😁

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They clearly stated that one of the considerations was about getting fans to attend

They'd have to say that as an illustration that they'd considered all possibilities.

Open as normal.....no.

Open 75%...no.

Closed door...yes.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

27 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I understand why you say that, but accessibility for fans is also relevant - you have to make the assumption that certain clubs would want / could sell more tickets for matches than others and I really cant see either of Celtic or Rangers being delighted with a couple of thousand inside the TM arena.

I am not turning this into a crowdwank, but if there are to be crowds at games, it would stand to reason that you could get more people into (for example) an Easter Road or Tynecastle than the TM?

I am (for the purpose of my strawman) ignoring entirely that they probably also want plastic pitches 😁

Didn't realise they plan to have fans in the grounds. In that case, what's the point? 

Also they'll surely be severely restricted as to the number of fans they can have I'd have thought?

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Didn't realise they plan to have fans in the grounds. In that case, what's the point? 

Also they'll surely be severely restricted as to the number of fans they can have I'd have thought?

Genuinely dont know if they do or not - tbh, I think that group is, at the moment, just brainstorming ideas because nobody knows what the script will be in a month/ two months.

If there were no fans and just teams and officials, as you say it might be as well just to play everything at a decent plastic surface - like Oriam?

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They clearly stated that one of the considerations was about getting fans to attend. The bigger stadiums in Scotland could easily have something like 8-10000 people there even if strict distancing was still in place, albeit there would still be issues with other aspects which would have to be considered.

The other issue would be broadcasting facilities. These already exist at Premiership grounds and some lower league grounds, but obviously not at Oriam or wherever you're talking about in Dundee.

I guarantee there will be no crowds even approaching 8-10k  at a stadium in Scotland before Christmas 

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Genuinely dont know if they do or not - tbh, I think that group is, at the moment, just brainstorming ideas because nobody knows what the script will be in a month/ two months.

If there were no fans and just teams and officials, as you say it might be as well just to play everything at a decent plastic surface - like Oriam?

But then are there not still SPFL rules about certain ground standards (including things like floodlights)?

Also actual grounds could be better for filming, especially if Sky still want to show games (can't imagine Oriam being that easy to set up such broadcasts; might be wrong though).

In addition certainl sponsors would need space that only pitch side boards could provide (if there is a league sponsor, but also things like 'official partners' such as sports drinks etc).

I'm not going to die on the Oriam hill but I have seen games broadcast from there live before. It's not multiple camera angles but I don't think we are going to be talking full Sky production values for any of this.

Don't know about other grounds in Scotland but Tannadice has to have everything brought in for a live match including a temporary studio constructed.  

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm not going to die on the Oriam hill but I have seen games broadcast from there live before. It's not multiple camera angles but I don't think we are going to be talking full Sky production values for any of this.

Don't know about other grounds in Scotland but Tannadice has to have everything brought in for a live match including a temporary studio constructed.  

Then you should be banned from the top tier and Hearts invited back.

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

From tonight's BBC Scotland website 

The use of 'hub' stadiums to enable Scottish football to resume in front of fans is being considered by the game's Joint Response Group (JRG).

The venues would host "multiple matches over a weekend" with practicalities such as the number of stadiums used being considered in the next fortnight.

Among the other issues discussed during the first two weeks of talks between six sub-groups are social distancing in stadia, closed-door games, online streaming, virtual season tickets, and a change to the summer transfer window.

I would like someone who has ever attended a Scottish football match, and even mentions having a crowd at a match with social distancing, to tell me how it could possibly work. The only way I can see it working is to have 1 fan in each stand. 

Celtic would still put that 1 away fan behind the big pillar

Kind of weird that the physical distancing aspect of this would have been easier in the terracing days - and I'd imagine the bottom two leagues in Scotland will find it much easier to restart their seasons because of that.

The idea of a hub approach begs a lot of questions that I don't see answered. What's the problem it's solving? Aside from the practical drawbacks of playing games on a single surface, If they're playing multiple games, wouldn't that encourage a greater number of fans to travel and mingle? Wouldn't a central hub increase travel? That strikes me as pretty high risk. 

Problem for smaller clubs  might not be catering to their own support: it would be how to accommodate away fans and maybe there's a role for TV here. Clubs like St Johnstone could probably accommodate all their season ticket holders safely in their stadium. Could streaming be offered to away clubs, with the clubs splitting revenue?

10 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Kind of weird that the physical distancing aspect of this would have been easier in the terracing days - and I'd imagine the bottom two leagues in Scotland will find it much easier to restart their seasons because of that.

The idea of a hub approach begs a lot of questions that I don't see answered. What's the problem it's solving? Aside from the practical drawbacks of playing games on a single surface, If they're playing multiple games, wouldn't that encourage a greater number of fans to travel and mingle? Wouldn't a central hub increase travel? That strikes me as pretty high risk. 

Problem for smaller clubs  might not be catering to their own support: it would be how to accommodate away fans and maybe there's a role for TV here. Clubs like St Johnstone could probably accommodate all their season ticket holders safely in their stadium. Could streaming be offered to away clubs, with the clubs splitting revenue?

The Hub idea in England was specifically about playing behind closed doors. No fans travelling and mingling. Players not travelling all over the country,medical facilities all in one place , and of course, no games played at the same time as another to maximise revenue opportunities 

Edited by invergowrie arab

2 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

I still can't my head around social distancing in football grounds. You say that St Johnstone could have all their season ticket holders in the ground. How do you enforce social distancing in a football ground? People that are in the same place for as long as 2 hours will gravitate together. How do you get, say 2000 people, to leave at the end of a game socially distancing. It's impossible. For as long as social distancing is in force there will be no matches with fans in attendance. 

3 hours ago, santheman said:

Celtic would still put that 1 away fan behind the big pillar

And claim a full house attendance. GFITW so it goes. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I still can't my head around social distancing in football grounds. You say that St Johnstone could have all their season ticket holders in the ground. How do you enforce social distancing in a football ground? People that are in the same place for as long as 2 hours will gravitate together. How do you get, say 2000 people, to leave at the end of a game socially distancing. It's impossible. For as long as social distancing is in force there will be no matches with fans in attendance. 

They can bring their cattle prods.

Males only, no kiosks open, carton issued to pee in, leave them under the seat at end, leave the stadium like a funeral, one row at a time.

Obviously if she-wees are a thing the girls can join in.

6 minutes ago, ropy said:

Males only, no kiosks open, carton issued to pee in, leave them under the seat at end, leave the stadium like a funeral, one row at a time.

Obviously if she-wees are a thing the girls can join in.

I can see you opening up a whole new pervy market at Fir Park. I don't know what sort of licensing this sort of thing would need and I'm not sure you can rely on Scottish Government support to get going.