League Reconstruction 20/21 season

17 minutes ago, Zing. said:

So you anticipate that this will get voted through? Aberdeen are a no already judging by their previous comments. 

Worth remembering he claimed to be ITK and spent a full day claiming reconstruction was done due to Sky/Celtic pressure. 

He claimed it would "done the next week".

That was in the 3rd week of May.

Hes quite obviously a troll account.

2 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

I’ll be honest I find that depressing. I’ve been impressed how many hibs fans bought season tickets amid all the uncertainty. 

I doubt many will do it, it’s just the usual bluster flowing out of a sea of panic from Hibs.net. While i certainly don’t want a 14 team top league asking for a refund if it happens would be mental. 

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

Of course not. Let’s not pretend you’d be shouting from the rooftops for reconstruction if the roles were reversed and Hibs were relegated. 

Ah, so you’re one that believes the board will put through reconstruction no matter what the clubs want. 

No most Hearts fans wouldn’t but Ann would definitely have voted for reconstruction. 
Its all about perception now. Vote this through or we’ll do it. I think the clubs have decided they want to be seen as a members organisation acting as one. 

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes but you use those executive powers to decide up front not to override a vote/resolution you put to the members under the rules 

In his and Lincolns (admittedly skewed by some wallopers on Kickback) view, the SPFL board will put up a resolution and if it fails just push it through themselves using executive powers.

Yep, that is definitely happening.

jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

35 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

It’s all about legal precedent. 

As I stated the other day it’s my understanding Hearts won’t have to go down this route. 

I’d be interested to know your legal background and on what basis you think a Scottish court would be using a decision made in France as legal precedent?

Scots Law (unlike English which is Common Law based, ie uses legal precedents as the basis for decision made in lower courts) is a hybrid of Civil and Common Law. Many decisions made in our legal system are based on Legislation (of which very little is relevant to the realms of Scottish Football League placings); and the remainder by Common Law (which constitutes the bulk of Criminal Law). The sources of precedent in Scotland are the decisions of Scottish Courts and certain rulings of the UK Supreme Court (or previously the House of Lords). 

I can’t foresee any situation where a company taking civil action against an organisation bound by rules agreed on becoming a member could use legal precedent set in a foreign country with an entirely different legal system. That’d be like claiming you had your membership revoked for a golf club for smoking a joint in the bar and claiming it’s okay because it’s legal in the Netherlands. Are you seriously that thick?!

PS, to correct you misquoting my other post I said executive powers to make decisions based on a vote...or did you miss that bit?

Edited by JimmyMirren

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth remembering he claimed to be ITK and spent a full day claiming reconstruction was done due to Sky/Celtic pressure. 

He claimed it would "done the next week".

That was in the 3rd week of May.

Hes quite obviously a troll account.

Reconstruction is back on the table because of Sky and Celtic. If neither were adding pressure then this wouldn’t be happening. Certain clubs are rightfully concerned about alienating their fan base. 

1 minute ago, frankthetank22 said:

When is this latest pish getting voted on so we can get this in the bin? 

It’s not going in the bin. It’s definitely happening, whether the clubs vote for it or not. Apparently. 

Got to love this Stan lad, yesterday he was stating there is absolutely no need for Hearts to go down the legal route. Today he's now discussing how Hearts will go down that legal route.

5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

In his and Lincolns (admittedly skewed by some wallopers on Kickback) view, the SPFL board will put up a resolution and if it fails just push it through themselves using executive powers.

Yep, that is definitely happening.

jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

Personally would prefer them just to vote it through to avoid this legal nonsense (as is happening in France, Holland and Belgium), but those guys are talking out of their backsides. The board simply don't have the powers to do what they're saying. Rule A2 covers that - the board can't change the rules of the company without using the processes specified in the existing rules.

51 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Exactly. We're told Hearts were maybe about to hit a run of form like nothing they've looked like achieving all season with only 8 games left.

I realise you're making a separate point here but, with 28 games played, we were a point ahead of Hamilton. Having not won a game since December, they then won at Ibrox and beat Killie with 10 men. 

It wouldn't have taken a miracle run of form to turn it around, it would have taken a couple of decent results. You or I might not have expected that to happen, but that's not really relevant given that unexpected results happen all the time in football.

40 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

It’s all about legal precedent. 

As I stated the other day it’s my understanding Hearts won’t have to go down this route. 

The legal precedent in a foreign country? That didn't take a members vote on it? That doesn't have the same rules? That doesn't have the same legal system?

That precedent?

What law was broken anyway?

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

The legal precedent in a foreign country? That didn't take a members vote on it? That doesn't have the same rules? That doesn't have the same legal system?

That precedent?

What law was broken anyway?

Yes because the vote was completely above board and legal. 

4 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I do like the tactic of simply predicting lots of different scenarios so I can then come back on and smugly say 'I told you so' if one of them happens.

*Stan Petrov sockpuppet account found