League Reconstruction 20/21 season

20 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

No I know the national team is only one part of it, it is the only bit though that should be relevant to any buy-in for a number of teams and this absolutely doesn't benefit the national team. At a push I could get behind a combined plan "let us put colts in and we will agree rules at the same time meaning clubs will have to play X number of homegrown players in starting 11s by 2025 with a minimum period of 15 years"

There isn't really an argument that Celtic have players good enough to progress Scotland to where we need them, that spell in isolation doesn't negate the fact our best players right now & often in the past aren't Celtic players and a team that can't make an impact in Europe isn't going to have players good enough to regularly getting Scotland competing where we need to. It is beyond doubt if Scotland wants to progress it MUST develop better players than we regularly see for any SP club. 

Time would tell how many fans follow through on it if it was voted through (fortunately I doubt it will be and we don't need to find out) but I rest assured I will be requesting a full refund on my season ticket, cancelling my fan membership & I wont be back, I would be surprised if I was the only one.

The point is more fans feeling so strongly about it means it should be voted down by the clubs chairman. Dumbarton and Sonstrust is a great example. 89% fans against. The cash incentive also shouldn't be a replacement for fans attending, that is very unethical and will alienate fans. 

I hope so regarding Christie but the odds aren't in his favour when you look at other players at Celtic over the years. We need a core squad of players playing/ wanted at much higher levels. 

I think restricting clubs and managers to who they can pick and who can't is a bit to radical whether it's at the top of the league or the bottom.
Andy Robertson got his first cap then he was at Dundee utd to say the level he played at isn't good enough is wrong,it's not about the level the player plays at it's the individual ability that makes players international quality,Darren Fletcher played in a great Man Utd team but his individual quality didn't  help Scotland get to a major tournament.
For me it's too easy to say Celtic players are not good enough for international football.
I know about the backlash of fans from the last time this proposal was put forward but we both agree that the status quo must change not just  to improve the national team but also to improve the level of Scottish football.
For me we are very close to making a major tournament but maintaining that will be the problem.

6 hours ago, Mr. X said:

There is not a meme nor even a group of memes  that exists, that could get close to adequately portraying the level of smugness that I will feel when this is concluded in Hearts favour.    

Rest assured that a St Mirren supporters opinion of Hearts reputation doesn't even register on the  Give-the-slightest-f**k-o-meter.

This will be glorious. ^_^

It's happening, boiz. Get ready. 

czbYQBI.gif

29 minutes ago, ftk said:

Why are we all obsessed with splits? Most leagues in Europe dont and they are happy enough without having constant tedious reconstruction talks.

16 team leagues 30 games. No meaningless games as playoff fixtures for European/promotion/relegation places.

Make up the shortfall in league games with champions league style Scottish Cup. Another guaranteed 6 games.

No old firm 4 games but tough titties!

If that is the problem have a Sky Bigot Cup involving both cheeks over 2 legs and then you have your 4 games that all Britain is desperate to see.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

f**k it, get it voted through. We can then introduce colt teams and a rule that says teams with a certain level of turnover cannot be relegated. 

or we could just get a wealthy fan to bring £47k to the table for every SPFL member club then we'll waive your relegation......

Surely the permanent reconstruction deal is off the table as well?

Ann Budge categorically stated before she only wanted temporary reconstruction, not permanent.  Being such a woman of principle, I am assuming she would vote NO to such a motion, meaning 11 other clubs would have to vote YES. 

Or is she willing (again) to lie, cheat and bribe her way to a stay of execution in the Scottish Premiership?  Desperate.