League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Taking my very green-tinted specs off, I am for permanent reconstruction (albeit more than 14 teams).  Watching your club play the same 11 teams 3-4 times a season is boring as **** and I would welcome clubs like ICT and Heart of Midlothian into our league.  On the other hand, watching Hearts get relegated for the 2nd time in 6 years would be funny as anything. 

A complete and utter win-win for us Hibees. 

10 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Taking my very green-tinted specs off, I am for permanent reconstruction (albeit more than 14 teams).  Watching your club play the same 11 teams 3-4 times a season is boring as **** and I would welcome clubs like ICT and Heart of Midlothian into our league.  On the other hand, watching Hearts get relegated for the 2nd time in 6 years would be funny as anything. 

A complete and utter win-win for us Hibees. 

My thoughts exactly 

8 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52999362

From reading this clubs need at least a weeks notice for an EGM vote so the earliest this is getting put to bed either way is Monday 22nd June FFS :lol:

Can’t believe how long this has rumbled  on for 

I'd imagine  that'd be another one of the problems for Saints as we've already made offers based on a 12 team top flight and anything that might chip away at that budget would be unpalatable. I reckon Aberdeen won't be too keen and that'd only leave 1 more top flight team to be against & with Livi saying it was too late to reconsider changes for next season I reckon it's a gonner - pity really.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think restricting clubs and managers to who they can pick and who can't is a bit to radical whether it's at the top of the league or the bottom.
Andy Robertson got his first cap then he was at Dundee utd to say the level he played at isn't good enough is wrong,it's not about the level the player plays at it's the individual ability that makes players international quality,Darren Fletcher played in a great Man Utd team but his individual quality didn't  help Scotland get to a major tournament.
For me it's too easy to say Celtic players are not good enough for international football.
I know about the backlash of fans from the last time this proposal was put forward but we both agree that the status quo must change not just  to improve the national team but also to improve the level of Scottish football.
For me we are very close to making a major tournament but maintaining that will be the problem.

It certainly is radical but no more so than I imagine colt teams were when first proposed. It would also likely be far better for young player development. Higher level, better competition and clubs really having to double down on youth development. It may be unpopular for bigger clubs but colts is unpopular with the vast majority of fans for the vast majority of clubs, it hasn't stopped Rangers and Celtic pushing it for way over a decade. 

I think it's fair to say Robertson is an outlier, I can't think of another Scottish player of his level that's developed at the lower Scottish leagues in a similar way. It's also a blotch on Celtic regarding recognising and developing youth. Robertson shouldn't really have fallen to that level and it was very quickly apparent he was far too good. If Celtic had a colt team and kept him, would they have let him go to Dundee United to continue his development, put him in their first team or left them in the colts? We'll never know but I think it's fair if Robertson had been left in the lower leagues too long it would have stunted or at least slowed his development. 

Darren Fletcher was a fantastic player, he's hands down one of the best Scottish players of the last generation. Him not cutting it at Scotland is definitely down to the talent around him. Some players will be class in any team, Fletcher needs good players around to feed off his creation and quality. This is a sign of his position and playing style more than a lack of ability in a Scotland jersey. 

If Celtic players were good enough at the international level we need Scotland to be at, that would show in Celtic as a collective in European football. Scotland historically has always had some of the most quality players in football, we want to get back there. Yes there's an argument for run before you can walk (that's been the case since the 90s and we still ain't walking) but Celtic as a team outside of Scotland are barely crawling right now, we need far better players than they show consistently in Europe season after season. And that includes the big name foreign players in the squad, we need better quality than the majority of them. 

I 100% agree things need to change but regarding this last week of news stories, fan reaction and now clubs rejecting the colts. One of the things that needs to change is this proposal coming up every couple of years as a way things can change Scottish football. It'll always be divisive, there's overwhelming evidence it won't work, will disenfranchise Scottish football fans and is largely self-serving. I'm glad it's again in the bin and we can only hope this is the last time it's brought to the table. I doubt it though. 

Time for a review on Project Brave, if it hasn't made any difference in the last four years, we look at what we do next and we make sure all clubs are engaged in youth development, not just asking the smallest ones to do it for clubs that have largely failed for over a generation. 

4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Has there been anything come out about relegation/the playoffs yet? That would surely influence how clubs are likely to vote before Monday. 

Everything I've read has suggested it will stay the same.