League Reconstruction 20/21 season

If your team...

kept your original vote, you could have played out the season.
The news coming out if Dens Park and Easter Road is upsetting and completely unnecessary.
I hope all clubs survive this. But it looks pretty bleak for some, even after Ann Budge kindly found someone to donate to all clubs. 
Thought you'd fucked off. Don't let us keep you

Besides all the broken bottles in the Kickback lad's heads, there's a scene playing out where some dude in a barrister's wig screams "THE TRUTH ? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH !!" at Neil Doncaster, before Judge Rinder bangs his gavel (no euph) and awards Ann Budge $1 billion dollars.

14 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

What happens if the SPFL don’t respond in 7 days

13 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think the court decides that outcome, not Hearts. 

If the SPFL doesn't respond then Budge's bluff will be called, and she'll either have to back down or go to court, if the SPFL does respond, then Hearts will play their next hand and hope to push for an out of court settlement. That would be my guess anyway, sure you Hearts fans will have some other scenario where Hearts will get everything.

The proceedings have already been initiated in the Court Of Session though. If the SPFL don't respond, I assume that the Petitioners can then move for decree with expenses. However,the SPFL will be defending this action though, that is a certainty.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Getting sick of Hearts fans lawsplaining about duties of care because they once heard Tom English saying it. It's like thinking you can do open heart surgery because you watched an episode of Casualty once.

14 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

What happens if the SPFL don’t respond in 7 days

Wasn't it the highly respected solicitor Leslie Deans, who first brought this up in his entertaining Sportsound interview a few weeks ago?

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

Yes. Except I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a pretty fast-moving news story at the moment that might affect that...

UEFA's announcement is for sponsorship contracts. It has no current basis in reality. It may happen. It may not.

UEFA have spent weeks, if not months, deliberating over complete and detailed competition schedules for the 2020/21 Nations League, Euro 2020 Playoffs, Euro 2020 itself, 2019/20 Champions League, 2020/21 Champions League, 2019/20 Europa League, 2020/21 Europa League, 2019/20 Women's Champions League, 2019/20 UEFA Youth League, 2020 UEFA Super Cup and various youth international competitions and other minor tournaments. All of these were approved this week.

There is absolutely no way that they have gone to all of that effort just to placate sponsors and advertisers. It has a very clear basis in reality, and I would expect that every single club and federation involved in these competitions is fully expecting them to go ahead on these dates. There is not a single country in Europe which does not expect to be playing domestic football by August/September

Of course, there remains the possibility that another breakout could put paid to some or all of them, but the idea that these are fantasyland dates just put out as placeholders is simply not true.

32 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
37 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:
If your team...

kept your original vote, you could have played out the season.
The news coming out if Dens Park and Easter Road is upsetting and completely unnecessary.
I hope all clubs survive this. But it looks pretty bleak for some, even after Ann Budge kindly found someone to donate to all clubs. 

Thought you'd fucked off. Don't let us keep you

Not at all East Fife supporter.

There seems to be confusion about how Jambos feel with regards to other teams going under.

The majority of Hearts fans wish no ill towards any club. I am happy to clarify this.

Hearts fans have been donating money other clubs to help them out.

Edited by MegaRichJambos
Silly me eh

Guest JTS98
43 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Of course, there remains the possibility that another breakout could put paid to some or all of them, but the idea that these are fantasyland dates just put out as placeholders is simply not true.

*sigh*

UEFA have to put out dates for all of their competitions. They have to show that they've done all they can to put them on. Not doing so would be very expensive. All of those competitions are subject to sponsorship and media contracts. Even the minor ones.

I'm sure they hope that the schedule works out. I don't doubt that for a second. But, as my point was hours ago, it is still a very big 'if' as to whether any of this happens. Announcing the dates does not mean it will happen.

You're an optimistic man if you think sports people will be cleared for regular travel all season to get this done. An announced fixture list has no basis in reality until it takes place.

Yet, in your desperation to quibble over something, you missed the wording of my post and have continued to try to argue about something I did not say. Scotland has not sent any clubs to compete in 20/21 European competitions. Nobody has. And nobody knows whether we will or not.

You've wasted a lot of typing on something that I was accurate about in the post you quoted ages ago.

Edited by JTS98

2 hours ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Civil Law is based on the duty of care.

I can't be bothered with this anymore. I'll come back tonight or when the SPFL announce that Hearts have been reinstated, whatever happen first. 

You'll need to let go of those straws at some point, you'll  just hurt your hand.

HHGH

48 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

blah, blah, blah....

I take it the SPFL have announced that Hearts have been reinstated.  It certainly isn't "tonight".

Edited by strichener

10 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

There's a cheap shot in here about cutting down to one premiership team from two, but I refuse to take it.

An even cheaper shot would be that there was only ever one Capital club in the Premiership but ill save that for an Edinburgh Derby match thread whenever that may be 😂.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think we'll need to get the Exorcist, Whoopi Goldberg, or Ghostbusters in to get rid of them.

I want to see a GIF of a possessed Regan MacNeil with Budges face or Slimer from Ghostbusters, theres enough talent in this thread to make it happen. 

3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Shouldn't the Hearts fans already be banished to the Championship section of the forum anyway?

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think we'll need to get the Exorcist, Whoopi Goldberg, or Ghostbusters in to get rid of them.

Shh! Do you want to open up the whole forum reconstruction can of worms too?