League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

While also saying he'd make time to bring it to court if arbitration didn't happen properly or quickly. Those two things don't go together. D Utd asked for case dismissal. Clark refused. We won that one.

He said he would hear it only if the arbitration fails due to any errors in the process but is absolutely clear the judgement rests with arbitration not him. He never said you 'had a case' 

6 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I miss the old stand. Nothing like good foot stomp to get the feeling back in your toes. Tynecastle is class now though. Steep stands close to the pitch, can't beat it. Don't expect a Hibs fan to agree obviously.

Unfortunately for your lot the stand faces the pitch.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, arabdelic said:

He said he would hear it only if the arbitration fails due to any errors in the process but is absolutely clear the judgement rests with arbitration not him. He never said you 'had a case' 

I can't be bothered looking for the wording, but he definitely didn't tell us we don't have a case, which is what the D Utd lawyer was there to argue for.

11 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Neither is your shitty new stand, but the banners are away, your stuck with at 

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

While also saying he'd make time to bring it to court if arbitration didn't happen properly or quickly. Those two things don't go together. D Utd asked for case dismissal. Clark refused. We won that one.

& the next attempt will be binned in arbitration no matter how many pair Clark’s get burn oot 

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

I can't be bothered looking for the wording, but he definitely didn't tell us we don't have a case, which is what the D Utd lawyer was there to argue for.

He never said you did or didnt have case. He never made a judgement on it. He ruled on where it should be decided. . He dismissed the Utd/ Raith/ Cove motion for this very reason. 

3 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Any links to the fund raiser for the two fan -dans who I see are now leaving Tynecastle to walk back to Dundee. 

the lack of link suggests its having a mare.

The original plan was to finish at Tynecastle but after consideration it was felt it would be safer to do it in reverse.

A few messages on other forums were suggesting they would be met with violence on reaching Tynecastle. No doubt just idle threats but no point in taking the risk.

Edited by Bailey1972
Addition

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, arabdelic said:

He never said you did or didnt have case. He never made a judgement on it. He ruled on where it should be decided. . He dismissed the Utd/ Raith/ Cove motion for this very reason. 

So we do have a case, just in arbitration and possibly still in court?

15 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I miss the old stand. Nothing like good foot stomp to get the feeling back in your toes. Tynecastle is class now though. Steep stands close to the pitch, can't beat it. Don't expect a Hibs fan to agree obviously.

No disagreements here - Tynecastle is, and was, a great ground.  Not one I've had much pleasure in though, unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

So we do have a case, just in arbitration and possibly still in court?

Read this carefully

"I conclude that the nature and relative complexity of these issues makes it inappropriate that I deal with the question of dismissing the petition at this early stage."

He has not offered an opinion either way.

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

Read this carefully

"I conclude that the nature and relative complexity of these issues makes it inappropriate that I deal with the question of dismissing the petition at this early stage."

He has not offered an opinion either way.

"at this early stage" ie maybe later lads. He refused D Utd's motion to have the whole thing dismissed, which he didn't have to do. Or why did they argue for both arbitration and to have it dismissed for so long if it was so cut and dried?

Anyhow, why are you so worried. At worst you'll have to pay some legal fees (your choice) plus maybe some share of compensation (but nowhere near 10m. D Utd will still play in the Premiership, ether through a 13-team league or reconstruction will somehow miraculously be made to happen. There's no way the SPFL is going to risk further delays and legal disputes from D Utd this time.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

23 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

They took advice mid April and released the findings which was they have a case.

???????

And what does this have to do with not being able to afford it and then relying on a gift from someone to pay for it and join Heart's action.

Released the findings? That is just the advice that they were given. It's the same as you or I having a dispute with a neighbour and going to a solicitor then publicising what you were told. It's not official fundings, it's a solicitor's view. It means he feels it wouldn't be a waste of time to take the case.

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

"at this early stage" ie maybe later lads. He refused D Utd's motion to have the whole thing dismissed, which he didn't have to do. Or why did they argue for both arbitration and to have it dismissed for so long if it was so cut and dried?

Anyhow, why are you so worried. At worst you'll have to pay some legal fees (your choice) plus maybe some share of compensation (but nowhere near 10m. D Utd will still play in the Premiership, ether through a 13-team league or reconstruction will somehow miraculously be made to happen. There's no way the SPFL is going to risk further delays and legal disputes from D Utd this time.

Because, if you read the report by Lord Clark, he said he did not have time to deal with what was a complicated and time consuming legal argument. Due to the fact there was a time limited to get this situation sorted.

He said he.wouls give it time if required. That would require though an error in law by the arbitration panel.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I found what I thought was a diamond on the street and I took it into the bakers to get it checked out. I asked them "Do you think this is a real diamond" and the guy behind the counter said "You'd probably be better off asking in the jewellers next door". He didn't tell me no, so I reckon that means there's a good chance it's a diamond.

Did you ask the baker "Is it a diamond or a meringue" ?

Aye yer wrang !