League Reconstruction 20/21 season

38 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

14 teams in each  league = an inevitable squabble over the disbursement of available funds.

That’s always the stumbling block.

The league would really need to propose league reconstruction concurrent with a new TV contract that guarantees all 12 clubs will be on the same money (or more) plus there will be additional funds available for the extra 2 clubs. 

The only alternative would be to take it from the funds delegated to the lower leagues and I don’t think anyone wants that.

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

How can the money side of things not change?

14 teams in each  league = an inevitable squabble over the disbursement of available funds.

I'll be amazed if this gets the go ahead, though on the one hand I'm truly delighted clubs outwith the top flight have actually came up with a collective idea (whatever you actually think about the merits of it) rather than waiting to see what crumbs the OF and anybody else under their pinny throw them. 

Who knows whether it'll turn out for the better.

You can vote on the structure then separately about money at a later time. 

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Next and slightly further down the line, 3x14 suits present L2, they are 2 promotions from the big time, but it works in reverse. Say St Mirren have a shite season, get relegated then struggle to acclimatise in the middle division, next thing you know, bottom division.

You're thinking of the other Saints. They are the only side to go from the top tier to the third tier in successive seasons.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't really care which proposal they select, but you're right that's a bit hurdle. I

Next and slightly further down the line, 3x14 suits present L2, they are 2 promotions from the big time, but it works in reverse. Say St Mirren have a shite season, get relegated then struggle to acclimatise in the middle division, next thing you know, bottom division.

About half the top tier will think about that and reject it.

I personally don't think that will be a factor. Of you're a current top flight club, then the prospect of being relegated to league two in the current setup is actually more likely, and equally undesirable. 

1 minute ago, big al said:

Why would clubs vote about football first then money second, when they only care about money, money and money.

That's the only reason our top league and the English leagues haven't yet pulled up stumps. It's a sad reflection on the game as a whole and what it's actually become driven by. 

We've got a global killer pandemic and yet the TV money ensures that leagues will ride it out by months, upwards of a year maybe, to ensure they don't miss out on full payouts. Gut wrenchingly sad for a game that's never been further away from the common fan. 

9 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

That's the only reason our top league and the English leagues haven't yet pulled up stumps. It's a sad reflection on the game as a whole and what it's actually become driven by. 

We've got a global killer pandemic and yet the TV money ensures that leagues will ride it out by months, upwards of a year maybe, to ensure they don't miss out on full payouts. 

Its nothing to do with TV money, and entirely down to UEFA direction/dictation.

47 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You're thinking of the other Saints. They are the only side to go from the top tier to the third tier in successive seasons.

Are they? I'm sure I remember Partick Thistle going from 2nd division to SPL and back to 2nd division again in successive seasons in the 2000s.

4 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

So I assume in the two lower leagues it will be old style play 3 times 39 games

Top flight I can see more likely to go with the 6 and 8 split as 2 extra games for bottom half teams will help mitigate finances. With Europa league 2 and perhaps another Euro slot also maybe some sort of Euro play offs to give team at top of bottom half something to play for. 

For lower league Split would be better lot to play for in terms of title and play off spots. If we could get just get 2 teams going straight down from each division then bottom side of split teams will not need to get involved in play offs to stay up so could even in lower league play a couple more. 

If 14-14-14 did happen which is unlikely 6-8 split in all 3 divisions. Challenge cup cut out colts and invite so many highland and lowland to make up numbers. 

7/7 gives an even number of games and and even number home and away ,32. I take your point re extra games for the bottom 8 because of losing games vs the OF, but everybody in one league should play the same number of games IMHO.
A different number of games is no worse than playing the same team away 3 times

Scottish football reconstruction.
Scotland is too small for 42 or 44 senior professional clubs, most of them tin pot shit hole clubs

Start from scratch.

Invite applications from all over the country for 32 top clubs - 2 leagues of 16.

Pick the best run clubs, with best infrastructure, facilities, finance. To f%%k with the rest.

Under this 32, regional tiers in 3 areas. North, West, East. If you're going to greet about too much travel within that, your club is too flimsy to be involved. Bye.

Have as many tiers as you want under each of the region but your champion will play off against the other 2 regions and bottom of the 32 forma place with the big boys.

To hell with tradition. Who gives a toss about Montrose V Brechin or Forfar V Annan. (You can replace these with equally other shit clubs)

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Shite.

Who are last team that went bust because they were relegated?

You're applying normal times logic. If relegation were to send Hearts bust in normal circumstances I'd say f**k them, accept their fate.

These are not normal circumstances. We're talking about putting significant additional financial strain on clubs that are already looking into the abyss, to implement league results that haven't actually happened.

As @topcat(The most tip top) said, the temporary reconstruction avoids that penalty whilst not denying clubs like your own the promotion they deserve.

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Entirely? I don't think so. 

If you think the season is being "kept alive" for TV money, then you've missed the point about 3 weeks ago.

The prize money is paid out. TV money is gone for this season. 

35 minutes ago, TheLad said:

Scotland is too small for 42 or 44 senior professional clubs, most of them tin pot shit hole clubs
To hell with tradition. Who gives a toss about Montrose V Brechin or Forfar V Annan. (You can replace these with equally other shit clubs)

If  getting rid of a pair of shit clubs was going to better Scottish football, I'd be picking them from much higher up the pyramid.

48 minutes ago, TheLad said:

Start from scratch.

Invite applications from all over the country for 32 top clubs - 2 leagues of 16.

Pick the best run clubs, with best infrastructure, facilities, finance. To f%%k with the rest.

Under this 32, regional tiers in 3 areas. North, West, East. If you're going to greet about too much travel within that, your club is too flimsy to be involved. Bye.

Have as many tiers as you want under each of the region but your champion will play off against the other 2 regions and bottom of the 32 forma place with the big boys.

Surprised this is the username Ann Budge picked, but there we go.