League Reconstruction 20/21 season

I'm sure Rangers would be more than happy to fund the £30k for every outstanding fixture in Scotland to be fulfilled. 

After all they're only interested in seeing sporting integrity. 

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

You're welcome. Presume your work needs no thought and that's why you can be fannying about on here during a shift.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Presume your work is in a South Asian sweatshop where no-one offers up such luxuries as breaks.:lol:

I like to catch up during break time.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

UEFA have set a deadline for May 25 for leagues to submit their plans.

This is the pessimist in me, but I've got a bad feeling that England will rush to complete their leagues behind closed doors which we'll end up following.

No chance. Would love that to be true. We’d probably still fck it up again - but would prefer going down through our own “efforts” rather than snidey manoeverings.

10 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

No chance. Would love that to be true. We’d probably still fck it up again - but would prefer going down through our own “efforts” rather than snidey manoeverings.

Snidey manoeuvring? No.

Least worst option implemented. Yes.

20 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

It's okay though, we'll just put an asterisk next to this year so everyone will know what happened.

Job done.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Would love that to be true. 

The fact Hearts fans are desperate for players/staff to put themselves, and their families, in mortal danger, simply because a football club is getting relegated to a division they should absolutely fucking stroll, is staggering.

You expect it from Rangers fans, but I thought Hearts fans might be a bit more sensible.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

UEFA have set a deadline for May 25 for leagues to submit their plans.

This is the pessimist in me, but I've got a bad feeling that England will rush to complete their leagues behind closed doors which we'll end up following.

As others have said, there is no chance that Scottish football can afford to even consider playing behind closed doors. Forget about what England, Germany, Spain, Italy do, they are playing a different sport to us.

Just listened to the most recent The Terrace podcast, and someone on there with the same opinion to me. There was no clamour for any league reconstruction before this crisis, so why should we be f*ck*ng everything up, simply to save Hearts from relegation, and at a push Partick Thistle. If the games can’t be played, Hearts and Partick Thistle go down, with the leagues staying the same. Would I have the same opinion if Aberdeen were involved, possibly not, but they’re not, so it’s tough luck.

From Chris McLaughlin: 

"Don't underestimate just how critical a point we're at here.

I had a converasation with someone about half an hour ago, a senior member of a senior club in Scotland, who told me that administration has been discussed.

Now, that doesn't mean that this club in particular who I'm not going to name is ready to go into administration but it's been discussed.

If it's been discussed at one club, it's been discussed at a number of clubs.

Someone said to me last week that the Scottish government won't let Scottish football go down. British Airways are talking about pulling out of Gatwick Airport and losing 12,000 jobs.

It's critical. It's absolutely critical

25 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

But Integrity FC will claim he’s wan o thaim

I don't think that anyone would claim that he's a bear, ffs.

14 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

From Chris McLaughlin: 

I had a converasation with someone about half an hour ago, a senior member of a senior club in Scotland, who told me that administration has been discussed.

Now, that doesn't mean that this club in particular who I'm not going to name is ready to go into administration but it's been discussed.

Someone said to me last week that the Scottish government won't let Scottish football go down. British Airways are talking about pulling out of Gatwick Airport and losing 12,000 jobs.

Another interesting post, well found.

I doubt that many of us will come out of this unscathed,  right now I've been lucky that I had savings but a lot of folk are struggling. 

A lot of clubs are probably close to admin now. From a Sevco point of view we're probably fcuked unless board members take a hit, thanks to some extremely poor judgements we have no merchandise income to fall back on.

Scottish Premiership clubs have been told that they will see Rangers' evidence against the SPFL next week.

The assurance was given by Ibrox managing director Stewart Robertson.

Rangers had alleged bullying and said they can prove a "lack of fair play" in the ballot to end the lower leagues. They have forced an SPFL Extraordinary General Meeting on 12 May.

Robertson - a SPFL board member - told clubs he would be happy to speak to them about the evidence once released.

Other things to emerge in the two-hour video meeting - hosted by Aberdeen and attended by all 12 top-flight clubs and Championship winners Dundee United - include:

General consensus that everyone wants to complete the season but many think it unlikely;

Should it be decided that games would be played behind closed doors, five clubs said they would struggle to field teams due to players' contracts expiring;

Some clubs - including Celtic and Rangers - are keen to establish a date by which it needs to be called;

SPFL are waiting for clarity from the government and Uefa, then will consult with clubs, before making decision.

'Reconstruction should be permanent'

Should the campaign not be completed, SPFL clubs are considering ways in which to recalibrate the divisions to prevent clubs being relegated having not completed a full season.

Those talks are being chaired by Ann Budge of Hearts and Hamilton Academical's Les Gray, with St Mirren's Gordon Scott also among those on a 15-strong group.

That subject was also discussed by the clubs, with the following points emerging:

Several clubs cautioned about rushing or making a change for the wrong reasons. They say it has to benefit the game as a whole;

Seven teams said any reconstruction had to be permanent, with only three in favour of a temporary change;

More than one proposal will be circulated to clubs once finalised.

Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack, who chaired the "very productive" call, said feedback will be sent to the SPFL and that a further meeting will take place next week.

Cormack said it "captured the various thoughts on completing the current season and where each club stands in relation to league reconstruction".

He added: "Crucially, there was constructive discussion on how and when football in Scotland could resume, with safety and wellbeing of players and fans being a key priority, along with ensuring the survival and sustainability of Scottish football."

Dundee United were represented by Mal Brannigan. However, within a couple of hours, they announced that the chief executive had left his post with immediate effect.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52506778

Edited by Bohemian

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

From Chris McLaughlin: 

Any clues about the club? Clearly we can rule out Celtic, Hearts, St Mirren and Dundee, but that leaves 38 targets ripe for idle and malicious speculation. PowttJS.gif

12 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Any clues about the club? Clearly we can rule out Celtic, Hearts, St Mirren and Dundee, but that leaves 38 targets ripe for idle and malicious speculation.

It's Hearts.

We've more money down the back of the sofa than 90% of the league combined have in the bank.  greggy.png&key=c93092884755c39a05ded0f2e176a19e1ead7b6cfde5144883e8b4d926aa0441

And you’re still the worst team in the league.

2 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

We've more money down the back of the sofa than 90% of the league combined have in the bank.  greggy.png

Stevie Naismith's bank account doesn't count as Hearts finances. 

2 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

We've more money down the back of the sofa than 90% of the league combined have in the bank. 

Nah, all a charade. All the money has been funnelled out to Budge's brother, while the club is on it's uppers. That's why she's so frightened about relegation.. ;)

Just now, Lex said:

And you’re still the worst team in the league.

You're mistaking me for some goon who didn't have the entire first team squad, an abattoir and a bolt gun on his christmas list. Doesn't mean we're not rolling in it. warnock.png