Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

4 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I did predict this would happen and I don’t want Talbot to go down as it’s a great place to go to but even as early as next week if you don’t beat meadow you are in serious trouble , surely the purse strings must be opened or is it the management that can’t recruit players ? 

Come on Jim there's a difference opening the purse strings that is sustainable or opening the purse strings and spending dirty money. 

4 minutes ago, fb4 said:

Come on Jim there's a difference opening the purse strings that is sustainable or opening the purse strings and spending dirty money. 

Mate u get the crowds to sustain good wages and the way the club Is Set up is the envy of most clubs at our grade but I’d imagine gates will start going down as we go into the winter months now , so forget what gos on at darvel u and I know that’s no going to continue for much longer , if it means Talbot spending 5k on 2-3 players and paying them what ur top players are on surely it’s worth doing to stay in the top division 

12 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I did predict this would happen and I don’t want Talbot to go down as it’s a great place to go to but even as early as next week if you don’t beat meadow you are in serious trouble , surely the purse strings must be opened or is it the management that can’t recruit players ? 

At least we're keeping the heat of you lads at the moment. We have spent nothing and are shite, while you lot spent a few quid and are not much better

8 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I would be very surprised if they're not looking to recruit. Very very surprised. I honestly cant imagine its the club not willing to spend. If they have some money sitting and know the problems we're having at the moment i trust they would obviously be willing to spend (within reason) to get us back on track. Specially now when the alternative looks like the real possibilty of relegation. 

The current situation has been 2-3 yrs in the making with (in my opinion) a lack of ambition by the club to progress up the pyramid. It's been a downward spiral since throwing away the league a couple of yrs ago but even back then and last season the main difference was that when they played s*ite (which was often than not) they still managed to win. As others have already said the overall recruitment has been poor and if they don't bring in more quality/experience then this team will go down. I've not seen anything this season to make me think otherwise. 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Mate u get the crowds to sustain good wages and the way the club Is Set up is the envy of most clubs at our grade but I’d imagine gates will start going down as we go into the winter months now , so forget what gos on at darvel u and I know that’s no going to continue for much longer , if it means Talbot spending 5k on 2-3 players and paying them what ur top players are on surely it’s worth doing to stay in the top division 

I agree with you here 

Just now, Ben10 said:

Tucker wul see Macinally away. That’s how we dae things.
No hire and fire like the mob doon the rd. 

Things urnae great but the man has my support because o wit he’s done, I think that’s only fair! 

Cant live on what you've done in the past.

Recruitment in the most part for  the last few seasons has been horrendous and the continual playing players out of position is baffling. 

Do you honestly think this squad will stay up ?

11 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Tucker wul see Macinally away. That’s how we dae things.
No hire and fire like the mob doon the rd. 

Things urnae great but the man has my support because o wit he’s done, I think that’s only fair! 

I think that's a very generous attitude but it's only wise if you think he can turn things around tbh. If not then you need to give a new person as much time as possible and back him with resources. 

Of course a relegation needn't be the end of the world if you come back stronger. If you do have league ambition then there's little room for manoeuvre as it's almost 1/3 of season gone. Going out of Scottish May actually prove to be s blessing 

21 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Yip as Tucker can do no wrong in their eyes.

Changing managers not always the way of the club, everything far from rosey but that would be a massive decision at the moment, would never criticise them as well as they are one of the main reasons for our success over the years.