Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

22 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Could they have waited to this morning for a pitch inspection? think theres a thaw on

Park will still be frozen solid.

Good result last weekend and if we can get another good result this weekend i think we can all (mostly) agree we are heading in the right direction. I dont hear any talk about relegation anymore, so thats a positive. Rebuilding a team in such a competetive league must be really tough, evidently. It may even take a couple years but i'm sure we'll get there. Only really been the high flying Broxburn that has blew us away, any other defeats have been hard fought and close.  

6 minutes ago, tyson1909 said:

Good result last weekend and if we can get another good result this weekend i think we can all (mostly) agree we are heading in the right direction. I dont hear any talk about relegation anymore, so thats a positive. Rebuilding a team in such a competetive league must be really tough, evidently. It may even take a couple years but i'm sure we'll get there. Only really been the high flying Broxburn that has blew us away, any other defeats have been hard fought and close.  

It would be nice to start beating some of the teams in the top half of the table as we haven't been taking much from those type of games.  Clydebank have taken six points from us so we should be bursting out arses to make sure nobody else does. 

21 hours ago, Shanner said:

It would be nice to start beating some of the teams in the top half of the table as we haven't been taking much from those type of games.  Clydebank have taken six points from us so we should be bursting out arses to make sure nobody else does. 

Agree totally, just wanted to point out that it aint as bad as first impressions earlier in season when there was talk of relegation etc. This rebuild could take a couple years and we're not as bad as some were suggesting

Slow start from us but once we got our noses in front we were excellent rest of the first half. Two very soft penalties in the match Glens free kick was a great strike and Boyd’s two goals excellent especially his second. Good depth with all substitutes contributing as well. Big game next Saturday in the cup 

Easy, easy win for talbot the day, apart from 5 mins when we scored the two goals out of nothing we didny lay a glove on talbot. 

Another shitshow from us, our defence is shocking. Talbot goalie hadn't a, save to make. Largs at home next week is a must win. 

3 minutes ago, southerner said:

Slow start from us but once we got our noses in front we were excellent rest of the first half. Two very soft penalties in the match Glens free kick was a great strike and Boyd’s two goals excellent especially his second. Good depth with all substitutes contributing as well. Big game next Saturday in the cup 

Aye Scott mclean's free kick was as good as you'll see anywhere, pity we had f*** all else!!! 

9 minutes ago, southerner said:

Not a keeper in the land would have kept out that free kick

Yip it was some strike. Was never a foul in the first place though.

Played really well in first half some good football , Glens got 2 goals out of nothing , to be fair both penalties were soft but what a strike for their free kick - again a soft one, good to see us step it up again and seal the win , Connor Boyd's goal that curled into the top corner was a peach, good to see we have a few players that can score smith and boyd about 12 goals each I think. Dont mean to sound negative but I still dont like McPherson at RB , for me the 2 Neil's should always Play CB. 

1 minute ago, Talbot supporter said:

Played really well in first half some good football , Glens got 2 goals out of nothing , to be fair both penalties were soft but what a strike for their free kick - again a soft one, good to see us step it up again and seal the win , Connor Boyd's goal that curled into the top corner was a peach, good to see we have a few players that can score smith and boyd about 12 goals each I think. Dont mean to sound negative but I still dont like McPherson at RB , for me the 2 Neil's should always Play CB. 

Yip McPherson & Slooves should be the centre-backs.

McCracken shouldnt walk straight back in at the expense of McPherson.

7 hours ago, andy25 said:

Yip McPherson & Slooves should be the centre-backs.

McCracken shouldnt walk straight back in at the expense of McPherson.

I agree but was this more to do with Abed carrying a knock maybe, could Mcracken have played at RB and 2 Niels at CB?