Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

35 minutes ago, murphy1970 said:

Worst we’ve played in a while but can’t argue with 3 goal win and a clean sheet on a tattie field 

Gave you an accidental red dot there. 

We're scoring goals now. Start of the season I felt if we lost a goal we'd probably drop points. 

13 hours ago, Shanner said:

Gave you an accidental red dot there. 

We're scoring goals now. Start of the season I felt if we lost a goal we'd probably drop points. 

If this game was at start of season it would have been 0-0 at 90mins. Thats the difference in the team just now. I'd still give some of those young boys another year yet. Nobody is playin much fitba on that pitch yesterday, its been over used for years now and it shows. I heard somebody say "that wasnt a 3-0" game and they're right, it was stuffy and dogged but that wouldve been a game wouldnt have won earlier in season. Boys are on a good run and progressing but theres bound to be a few slip ups along the way. Heading in the right direction

We've won or last 5 or so games with a 3 goal margin.  Would love to come away with similar this weekend but i have a feeling it wont be just as easy as that. Big 3pts up for grabs, hope this young team can keep this run going for another week yet. I get the impression from some Cumnock fans that their tails are up at the moment  wouldnt mind knockin them down a peg or 2. Quietly confident for this one (but not overly confident). A game that really could go either way.

18 hours ago, Shanner said:

Cumnock being 3rd in the league with a - 3 goal difference is a bit mental. Hopefully, we can make that worse for them on Saturday. 

cumnock need to rack up points as only 7 league games after saturday, also see their last game is against glenafton.

Edited by btw lads

Cumnock had a lot of the ball and a bit of pressure on us in the 1st half but we defended pretty well and took them apart in the second half. 

A really good crowd today as well including a decent away contingent and an enjoyable game. the wee bams in the coal road end make a decent racket. 

Big win today. Cumnock had some good spells, which is only to be expected considering their long unbeaten run. 
We defended well when called for and ended the game in total control and could have added to our lead.

7 minutes ago, southerner said:

The strength of Talbots bench today was unbelievable anll of them are good enough to start. 

Very different from the opinions at the start of the season. Goes to show that sometimes a short step back leads to a big leap forward. For about an hour today it was a contest but when the second went in Cumnock capitulated. Heads went down and Talbot looked capable of scoring every time they went forward. While it’s an outside chance the league isn’t lost. Beith are clear favourites but Talbot and Darvel are worth a couple of quid at the bookies. 

37 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

Very different from the opinions at the start of the season. Goes to show that sometimes a short step back leads to a big leap forward. For about an hour today it was a contest but when the second went in Cumnock capitulated. Heads went down and Talbot looked capable of scoring every time they went forward. While it’s an outside chance the league isn’t lost. Beith are clear favourites but Talbot and Darvel are worth a couple of quid at the bookies. 

We have strengthened since the start of the season where we were not scoring but not losing goals. The change in depth has started with Glasgow, Urquhart, McAvoy signing giving us better depth. Add in Schonville returning from injury and Gillies, Boyd hitting a bit of form. Then add in the existing good players we have like McPherson, Armstrong, Wardrope and Smith we have a lot to look forward to as all these players have their best years ahead of them still.

Edited by southerner

4 minutes ago, southerner said:

We have strengthened since the start of the season where we were not scoring but not losing goals. The change in depth has started with Glasgow, Urquhart, McAvoy signing giving us better depth. Add in Schonville returning from injury and Gillies, Boyd hitting a bit of form. Then add in the existing good players we have like McPherson, Armstrong, Wardrope and Smith we have a lot to look forward to as all these players have their best years ahead of them still.

Don’t disagree with any of that. I was just giving my opinion that given the amount of change that occurred it shows how quickly things can be turned around. 

Massive games from here on. 4 at home and 8 away. 

I'm sure we'll drop points and have some off days but it's a far more exciting run-in than most folk expected around Christmas time. 

image.png.262476eb3f059723929bda562cc74d5b.png

Edited by Shanner

49 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Massive games from here on. 4 at home and 8 away. 

I'm sure we'll drop points and have some off days but it's a far more exciting run-in than most folk expected around Christmas time. 

image.png.262476eb3f059723929bda562cc74d5b.png

This league really is open for a few teams to win it. Never thought i would be sayin it this season but we are actually in with a shout. I dont think its likely but in fairness the boys really have worked hard to turn things around and have gave themselves a chance. If we keep this up and also get results against Beith & Darvel, who knows what can happen. Still a long way to go so not gettin ahead of myself just yet though

With the potential to annoy the dafties...

27th March- Darvel v Talbot in the league

12th & 19th April- Darvel v Talbot in the Scottish Cup*

Question- If you could only win one of these ties, which would it be?

*I know @glensmad, I know.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

With the potential to annoy the dafties...

27th March- Darvel v Talbot in the league

12th & 19th April- Darvel v Talbot in the Scottish Cup*

Question- If you could only win one of these ties, which would it be?

*I know @glensmad, I know.

Junior Cup.

17 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Junior Cup.

Is that because if you win the league you could potentially go into the Lowland League? From a Darvel perspective if you had to ask me I’d go with the cup as well.