Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Just now, passbackdave said:

Aye alot of talbot fans 

Mon the papers

Define "a lot", because I can't think of many. Even if we'd been relegated I still don't think the majority would have wanted him gone, he's a legend and a well appreciated one at that. 

There was a decent amount of chat on here from other fans looking in with the prevalent narrative being that Talbot were being overtaken by the self-styled "ambitious" teams, and that sticking with Tucker was due to Talbot's reluctance to cut ties with the Junior era and we were on the decline. 

Anyway, the main thing from Talbot's point of view is that at the moment they seem to have been proven wrong and whether we win anything this season or not we have a competitive and exciting team on the pitch (which is as much as anyone can reasonably ask for). 

7 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Define "a lot", because I can't think of many. Even if we'd been relegated I still don't think the majority would have wanted him gone, he's a legend and a well appreciated one at that. 

There was a decent amount of chat on here from other fans looking in with the prevalent narrative being that Talbot were being overtaken by the self-styled "ambitious" teams, and that sticking with Tucker was due to Talbot's reluctance to cut ties with the Junior era and we were on the decline. 

Anyway, the main thing from Talbot's point of view is that at the moment they seem to have been proven wrong and whether we win anything this season or not we have a competitive and exciting team on the pitch (which is as much as anyone can reasonably ask for). 

Put it this way there was more talbot on here saying tuckers time was up. I don't know exactly who before u ask. I always said tucker should never be sacked at talbot for the job he's done and I hope use do go on 2 win the league cos tucker has built yet again another good side no doubt use will get better for next season n maybe become another great talbot team. 

Mon the papers

Just now, passbackdave said:

Put it this way there was more talbot on here saying tuckers time was up. I don't know exactly who before u ask. I always said tucker should never be sacked at talbot for the job he's done and I hope use do go on 2 win the league cos tucker has built yet again another good side no doubt use will get better for next season n maybe become another great talbot team. 

Mon the papers

The majority wanted to stick with him on here I think. Maybe one or two Talbot posters tops didn't. 

I like watching us more this season than at any time last season when I think we were fairly stale and predictable. It's good to see a new group pop up around the old heads and play the way they have. I think opponents are still trying to suss us out. The wheels could come off in the next few games but it's brilliant just to be in the race. 

28 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

You're correct and they've got short memories lots did want him out the door early season,  fair play and tucker does what tucker does and Talbot can only blow the league now from this position of strength  , no doubt the usual Talbot suspects will try and gang up on Me regarding this post , however it's only my humble opinion of course...........

4 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

You're correct and they've got short memories lots did want him out the door early season,  fair play and tucker does what tucker does and Talbot can only blow the league now from this position of strength  , no doubt the usual Talbot suspects will try and gang up on Me regarding this post , however it's only my humble opinion of course...........

Lets hope so............. Anyone but Beith

For the good of the league and to get movement at both the upper and lower end, we need to see WOSFL clubs at least in the Lowland league playoff EVERY season

17 minutes ago, KirkyRobRoy said:

Lets hope so............. Anyone but Beith

For the good of the league and to get movement at both the upper and lower end, we need to see WOSFL clubs at least in the Lowland league playoff EVERY season

You make some decent points there whilst your own club can't even kick a ball out of your home town........

Just now, Thejackdaw said:

You make some decent points there whilst your own club can't even kick a ball out of your home town........

oh heavy mad that everyone is rooting against your club, despite desperately trying to pretend you arent the favourites....

And yes, you are right, criminal mismanagement initially of the KRR committee at the time, and then a VERY unsupportive council has kept us out of our hometown for some time... not sure what point you are trying to make?

7 minutes ago, KirkyRobRoy said:

oh heavy mad that everyone is rooting against your club, despite desperately trying to pretend you arent the favourites....

And yes, you are right, criminal mismanagement initially of the KRR committee at the time, and then a VERY unsupportive council has kept us out of our hometown for some time... not sure what point you are trying to make?

Good stuff that's the reaction I was wanting 😆

34 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Lots eh? You talk some nonsense Hertha 😄