Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

17 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Hard fought 3 points today, didn't play great but still a win. How many offsides against us today, must be a record?

A record for wrong decisions!

17 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Hard fought 3 points today, didn't play great but still a win. How many offsides against us today, must be a record?

I absolutely hate that rule that lets the lino flag for offside so late. 

Great 3 points today.

Hurlford offered hee haw going forward but were stuffy defensively.

These are the games you need to win, and we did, with a bit to spare. Glavin may as well as be a spectator 

4 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

What's the latest with the cup game away at Darvel , is it definitely all ticket or can you pay at the gate?

We are waiting on JG going against the guidelines and trying to bully his agenda through, please bare with us until we make an arse of ourselves again.  

On 10/03/2024 at 16:42, rhubarb1974 said:

We are waiting on JG going against the guidelines and trying to bully his agenda through, please bare with us until we make an arse of ourselves again.  

😂 I think pay at the gate would be fine tbh

Today showed the depth of our squad.

Replaced Glavin, Aiden Wilson, Langan, Boyle, Gillies, Thomson and Boyd from our recent starting eleven with no ill effect or loss of momentum.

Should really have won by a good few more but was good to see Gareth, Wardrope, Urquhart, Glasgow and Smith get a start.

Only downside was Craig McCracken going off injured. Hope it’s not a recurrence of injury that’s kept him out so long.  
Abed again did well when he came on. Great option as attacking right back 

16 hours ago, murphy1970 said:

Today showed the depth of our squad.

Replaced Glavin, Aiden Wilson, Langan, Boyle, Gillies, Thomson and Boyd from our recent starting eleven with no ill effect or loss of momentum.

Should really have won by a good few more but was good to see Gareth, Wardrope, Urquhart, Glasgow and Smith get a start.

Only downside was Craig McCracken going off injured. Hope it’s not a recurrence of injury that’s kept him out so long.  
Abed again did well when he came on. Great option as attacking right back 

Never made the game yesterday but reading that really does make you realise the strength & depth of the squad. Its good to see and could prove vital at the business end of the season. 

See a lot of folk going on about the 60/40 split. (Probably due to a certain someone voicing their objections on X/twitter) I know at 1st glance it doesnt look good but i'm not sure it's really that bad when you consider the prize money involved now.  Pretty sure the least you walk away with now is £5k + 40% of gate money, unless i'm mistaken. And trust me i've been mistaken more than my fair share 🤣 To me, that doesnt sound all that bad really

2 minutes ago, tyson1909 said:

See a lot of folk going on about the 60/40 split. (Probably due to a certain someone voicing their objections on X/twitter) I know at 1st glance it doesnt look good but i'm not sure it's really that bad when you consider the prize money involved now.  Pretty sure the least you walk away with now is £5k + 40% of gate money, unless i'm mistaken. And trust me i've been mistaken more than my fair share 🤣 To me, that doesnt sound all that bad really

It wouldn't be Michael Kennedy would it 🤔

5 minutes ago, tyson1909 said:

Its very generous considering Talbot got zero of the gate money in the South Challenge Final against Bonnyrigg

On 17/03/2024 at 19:31, Wile E Coyote said:

Its very generous considering Talbot got zero of the gate money in the South Challenge Final against Bonnyrigg

Agree with the sentiment of this but as the SJC is a voluntary competition it needs a USP to attract participants. For this competition it is the lure of prize money. With this in mind, 40% is better than nothing but, for me, 60% is not a good look.

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Agree with the sentiment of this but as the SJC is a voluntary competition it needs a USP to attract participants. For this competition it is the lure of prize money. With this in mind, 40% is better than nothing but, for me, 60% is not a good look.

iirc SJFA members now get a financial kickback every season. In the range of a couple of hundred or thereabouts.

5 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

A few big games coming up now, at home to Beith in a couple of weeks is massive now 

2 big games before that....

1 hour ago, Talbot supporter said:

Aiden wilson new contract 🙈

He has been excellent this season in my opinion, his game has improved and been very consistent, playing most games in a team who have conceded the fewest goals in the league.