SPFL to play out games

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure who is making a bigger c**t of themselves on here, the OP or you.

I will save judgement until I read your response to my post.

A more ringing endorsement of my post I could not have wished for.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Aren't private tests £300 a pop. Say average 100 people (conservative) to stage a game equals 30k per game and tests meaningless by ko. Total pie in the sky up here.

What about 100 Labour? 

5 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

A more ringing endorsement of my post I could not have wished for.

Mmmm....  I’ll have to go for a draw.

If you’re need parking tips for venues next season pm me.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Mmmm....  I’ll have to go for a draw.

If you’re need parking tips for venues next season pm me.

I think I've been to all the First Division grounds, cheers auld yin.

15 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

You've still not explained yourself.

How is using the up-to-date name for Scotland's 12-team top division as opposed to the previous name for Scotland's 12-team top division in any way an indicator for the validity of someone's opinion?

What's your stance on someone saying they're going to the pub to watch the European Cup final? Would you turn around and head home as this person is clearly unworthy of viewing the game on the same tv as a man as urbane and with it as yourself?

Well I wouldn’t be going with anyone that calls it the ‘European Cup Final’ because I’m not 70 fucking 5. Have a word and leave it there mate, it’s not going well.

18 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Why?

What difference does it make to the point in the post?

I see absolutely no relevance. It's like saying you won't take someone's opinions seriously because they're wearing a black t-shirt. It has no logical basis whatsoever.

@angusogwas on yesterday decrying the site and anyone who posted as frivolous because someone he knew died.

He's back on today seemingly recovered and without explanation.

He then states in the OP that he expects Scottish football apply the same rules as the incomparable situation in England, he later detracts that. His logic and insight appear to be poor. He has compounded that by getting the name of the league wrong.

I think that's it.

Aren't private tests £300 a pop. Say average 100 people (conservative) to stage a game equals 30k per game and tests meaningless by ko. Total pie in the sky up here.

Not the only reason it’s a non starter. St Mirren vs Ross County for example. It would require transport with social distancing for players, coaches referees etc, to and from the game. The players cannot be expected to travel in the day of the match and return home the same day. No hotels available. If one player tests positive, a club would have to follow government rules on isolating the entire squad for 1-2 weeks. Ergo, pie in the sky

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Well I wouldn’t be going with anyone that calls it the ‘European Cup Final’

Weird, imo.

What about if someone made the best point ever, but referred to the league as the SPL?

Would you still discount their opinion?

I'm just trying to work out how much of your world revolves around the up-to-date use of groups of letters.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

@angusogwas on yesterday decrying the site and anyone who posted as frivolous because someone he knew died.

He's back on today seemingly recovered and without explanation.

He then states in the OP that he expects Scottish football apply the same rules as the incomparable situation in England, he later detracts that. His logic and insight appear to be poor. He has compounded that by getting the name of the league wrong.

I think that's it.

I don't care much for the original post. But this "IT'S NOT CALLED THE SPEEEEEEEELLLLLL" is a regular thing on this site and seems to be a common Twitter thing these days too.

I just don't get it. It doesn't matter in the slightest.

Just now, JTS98 said:

Weird, imo.

What about if someone made the best point ever, but referred to the league as the SPL?

I'm just trying to work out how much of your world revolves around the up-to-date use of groups of letters.

Typically, as other posters have noted, nobody with anything of merit to actually say uses SPL, so it’s not an issue.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Weird, imo.

Think of it as an early warning system. Ex-players, now pundits often do it. You might expect some insight from professionals but they are routinely ill informed buffoons.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Typically, as other posters have noted, nobody with anything of merit to actually say uses SPL, so it’s not an issue.

You've still not come close to explaining your position.

Fair enough.

Carry on.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I don't care much for the original post. But this "IT'S NOT CALLED THE SPEEEEEEEELLLLLL" is a regular thing on this site and seems to be a common Twitter thing these days too.

I just don't get it. It doesn't matter in the slightest.

In the grand scheme of things you're probably right. Had he been making any kind of valid point there might have been less fuss. His performance yesterday didn't help either.

Remarkable thread. Moron starts thread, people laugh at moron, @JTS98 seems to argue himself into a complete heads gone over something absolutely nobody cares about.

Great stuff, will read again.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Think of it as an early warning system. Ex-players, now pundits often do it. You might expect some insight from professionals but they are routinely ill informed buffoons.

No. It's nitpicky and it's a cheap way of excluding someone from a conversation, essentially on a technicality.

The fact that some thick people say SPL instead of 'SPFL Premiership' does not mean that using the term SPL automatically signals an inability to contribute to a discussion. Plenty of moronic ideas are given by people using the more modern name.

It's childish, basically. Either you know what someone means or you don't. Nobody is confused by the use of the term 'SPL'.

38 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I’m not confused at all, but I’m far less likely to take anyone’s post seriously if they don’t even know the actual name of the league they’re talking about. Hope this helps.

spl, spfl, scottish premier league lucky for you i am dylexic or i would write horrible things about you ,CANT .lol

just  a we update , the scottish sun has an article from hibs chief dempster . saying that amongst other thing ,s scientists ,doctors are looking into ways to get some sports up and running within weeks .

31 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I don’t care if someone calls it the SPL, and those who correct it and get annoyed by it are clearly betas, but I do find a positive correlation between calling it the SPL and producing poor arguments. 

sorry ,but what does correlation street have to do with this ?😀