SPFL to play out games

6 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

What's the problem with someone calling the Scottish top flight the SPL? Who cares? We all know what is being referred to.

Seems any time someone does it these days there are people ready to jump up and down. Why?

Nobody flips it when someone refers to the English top flight as the Premiership.

It just makes anyone using it look like a massive simpleton.

11 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

Don't see it happening here in Scotland................The wee wumin in cherge his spoken and for once she is talking a LOT of sense, aye I like the fitba! but peoples livess are a bit more important.

I am not putting this forward , its the EPL who are pushing for this. if it gets the go ahead ,then it will happen here to , IMO

Guest JTS98
5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's the same as talking about Kelty and Brora being promoted to the "senior" leagues, it casts doubt on the veracity of anything else posted.

Nah.

In no way comparable.

Using SPL instead of the current shitey name doesn't do anyone a disservice of status. It just doesn't matter.

Referring to a senior team as non-senior shows a lack of understanding of the structure. Calling the SPFL Premiership the SPL isn't the same thing.

People still say European Cup sometimes.

Who cares?

Just now, angusog said:
13 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

Don't see it happening here in Scotland................The wee wumin in cherge his spoken and for once she is talking a LOT of sense, aye I like the fitba! but peoples livess are a bit more important.

I am not putting this forward , its the EPL who are pushing for this. if it gets the go ahead ,then it will happen here to , IMO

I wasn't suggesting you were promoting it and it may well happen in Engerland, but there is NO chance of it happening here.

2 minutes ago, angusog said:

testing will statr weeks before any game takes place . THE  EPL are touting this ,not me

There desperate that there whole Billy Big Baws league does not implode there heading for financial Armageddon at the moment couldn’t happen to nicer bunch as they have not given 2 hoots about the rest of the clubs in this whole country since it inception Me Me Me !!!! 

There desperate to get money in but how there going to do that without people paying to watch these games is anybody’s guess 

Government will decide this not the EPL. And by what they are saying that ain’t going to happen anytime soon 

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

It just makes anyone using it look like a massive simpleton.

Does it?

How?

I'd argue the person pretending to be confused by something that isn't confusing was the massive simpleton.

Are you confused by the use of the term 'SPL' in reference to the top flight of Scottish football's league system?

What about if someone referred to the UEFA Champions League as the European Cup? Would this send you into a frenzy of rage and confusion?

10 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

11 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

listen, its not my idea, read more closely . its on bbc news and their website now I think its crazy, but ,NOT,,, i repeat NOT my suggestion

20 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

Agreed tbh

*Reads thread title*

Wonder if theyll use the current SPFL Premiership teams to "play out" games or if theyll revert back to the final SPL table. Suppose that second option would allow Hearts and Dundee United to play top flight football.

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Does it?

How?

I'd argue the person pretending to be confused by something that isn't confusing was the massive simpleton.

Are you confused by the use of the term 'SPL' in reference to the top flight of Scottish football's league system?

What about if someone referred to the UEFA Champions League as the European Cup? Would this send you into a frenzy of rage and confusion?

I’m not confused at all, but I’m far less likely to take anyone’s post seriously if they don’t even know the actual name of the league they’re talking about. Hope this helps.

Who cares how many people die so long as Hearts get relegated, that is the point the OP is suggesting?

Football and indeed all sport, even behind closed doors, wont work for the foreseeable future (until there is a vaccine) only message board simpleton trolls and governing bodies ruled by money have somehow failed to spot this.

Playing behind closed doors to finish the season can only work if you quarantine EVERYONE involved (from players to cleaners) at a secure remote location for a period from 2 weeks before the first game until 2 weeks after the last game - MLB have been making noises about quarantining everyone for almost 5 months - and even then you are reliant on 100% compliance of the quarantine and as we've seen with players training with each other in the park and shagging tarts whilst wearing gold condoms, football players are generally as thick as two short planks. I'll wager good money on a Hearts player being the first to neck a bottle of Dettol.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I’m not confused at all, but I’m far less likely to take anyone’s post seriously if they don’t even know the actual name of the league they’re talking about. Hope this helps.

Why?

What difference does it make to the point in the post?

I see absolutely no relevance. It's like saying you won't take someone's opinions seriously because they're wearing a black t-shirt. It has no logical basis whatsoever.

Just now, JTS98 said:

Why?

What difference does it make to the point in the post?

I see absolutely no relevance. It's like saying you won't take someone's opinions seriously because they're wearing a black t-shirt. It has no logical basis whatsoever.

That’s not even close to the same thing.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

That’s not even close to the same thing.

You've still not explained yourself.

How is using the up-to-date name for Scotland's 12-team top division as opposed to the previous name for Scotland's 12-team top division in any way an indicator for the validity of someone's opinion?

What's your stance on someone saying they're going to the pub to watch the European Cup final? Would you turn around and head home as this person is clearly unworthy of viewing the game on the same tv as a man as urbane and with it as yourself?

56 minutes ago, Dele said:

Were you not, yesterday, absolutely bawling at folk for typing about football on this forum because of someone your daughter knows/works with had died because of the virus? 

36 minutes ago, angusog said:

there is 5 criteria, for this to happen, one of them is this testing to be done on all particpants ,at the expense of the clubs, to ensure it doesnt take kits ect from the NHS

I think you should answer @Dele.

6 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

You've still not explained yourself.

How is using the up-to-date name for Scotland's 12-team top division as opposed to the previous name for Scotland's 12-team top division in any way an indicator for the validity of someone's opinion?

What's your stance on someone saying they're going to the pub to watch the European Cup final? Would you turn around and head home as this person is clearly unworthy of viewing the game on the same tv as a man as urbane and with it as yourself?

Not sure who is making a bigger c**t of themselves on here, the OP or you.

I will save judgement until I read your response to my post.