SPFL to play out games

Guest DAVIDB69

It seems to be getting picked by the media now that England are making plans for playing games but we are doing nothing and have no guidance from the Scottish government

9 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

It seems to be getting picked by the media now that England are making plans for playing games but we are doing nothing and have no guidance from the Scottish government

Take it to the politics forum you bootlicking melt.

7 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

no guidance from the Scottish government

Jason Leitch said today "I can't give you any dates but we have been speaking to Scotland's sporting authorities".

18 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I'll chip in for a train ticket for you to go eff off to ingurlandshire to watch it..

Common sense prevails,no football until a majority have been tested - selfish to restart anytime soon. How football can test players regularly, whilst the NHS can't test staff is beyond belief. Imagine this starting off all over again ? I thought ok to play juniors with their smaller crowds etc but realise that it would have been risky. 

14 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Its reported today that its going to cost each team 200k for testing alone in England for football to come back anytime soon. For that reason alone no guidance from any Government makes a single bit of difference. The rumoured plans in England include testing every player, using a cut down number of stadia and putting players all up in hotels full time to play out the season. Scottish football is just not on the same planet as England and wont be coming back until it can resume in front of fans, like normal. Really not sure what the Scottish Government can do about that. The Premier League in England are also less likely to be getting guidance from the Gov and more likely having to explain their plans to the Gov to gain approval to begin football again. 

Naive to suggest "we are doing nothing". the SPFL and clubs are not just sitting on their hands like this is one big jolly holiday, there will be planning going on behind the scenes in Scotland for when football can return with fans safely, its just not being leaked to the media like in England. 

Guest DAVIDB69

Interesting now with UEFA turning up the heat giving a deadline for May 25th for setting out plans.

I get that we can’t really function without fans but we will have to come up with something.

If we don’t I do think there is strong chance our clubs will be sitting out Europe next season .

17 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Interesting now with UEFA turning up the heat giving a deadline for May 25th for setting out plans.

I get that we can’t really function without fans but we will have to come up with something.

If we don’t I do think there is strong chance our clubs will be sitting out Europe next season .

Some countries UK included talking about 14 day quarantine when entering the country 

Just how do we get round that ????

Or is football just going down the route of we’re special that doesn’t apply to us 

People at the top of the game FIFA UEFA and the governing bodies in this country need to take there head out the sand and come into the real world ( also some posters on here )

Guest DAVIDB69
Some countries UK included talking about 14 day quarantine when entering the country 

Just how do we get round that ????

Or is football just going down the route of we’re special that doesn’t apply to us 

People at the top of the game FIFA UEFA and the governing bodies in this country need to take there head out the sand and come into the real world ( also some posters on here )

It’s a good point , however the problem is the inconsistency and different stances across 55 UEFA nations.

But I do think UEFA will look towards the most organised countries and work from there

I know even in the SPFL top league we will struggle to fund testing for players without government help and I don’t see the government helping with that as they won’t see football as a priority.

Further down the line but not much further , can also see problems regarding Scotland v Israel and possibly hampden hosting in euro 2021.

Guest DAVIDB69
You could be right but with UEFA and the English Premiership it’s all about MONEY MONEY MONEY 

It is and that is all it has ever been about however in our case lack of it.

My concern with these reconstruction talks drift on and the various infighting and we have nothing to provide to UEFA when this date comes.

Just don’t see UEFA buying , we would like to end the season but we would like to start a new one on August 4th

The UEFA thing today won’t really put any pressure on us. It probably just dispels any myth about restarting this season at any point.

Our ‘plan’ will be to end this season as is and the reconstruction vote/action group will still go on past 25th of May IMO.

17 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Further down the line but not much further , can also see problems regarding Scotland v Israel and possibly hampden hosting in euro 2021.

We should know at the start of May if we have applied for the new dates in Euro 2021

Last week the SFA said we were "close to signing up for the rescheduled event" and have until Thursday to do so

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/glasgow-close-to-signing-up-for-rescheduled-uefa-euro-2020/?rid=14258

I can see us failing to do so and pulling out.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Its reported today that its going to cost each team 200k for testing alone in England for football to come back anytime soon. For that reason alone no guidance from any Government makes a single bit of difference. The rumoured plans in England include testing every player, using a cut down number of stadia and putting players all up in hotels full time to play out the season. Scottish football is just not on the same planet as England and wont be coming back until it can resume in front of fans, like normal. Really not sure what the Scottish Government can do about that. The Premier League in England are also less likely to be getting guidance from the Gov and more likely having to explain their plans to the Gov to gain approval to begin football again. 

Naive to suggest "we are doing nothing". the SPFL and clubs are not just sitting on their hands like this is one big jolly holiday, there will be planning going on behind the scenes in Scotland for when football can return with fans safely, its just not being leaked to the media like in England. 

The First Minister is also savvy enough to know there is a lot of brain dead moron supporters of the Old Firm who would not be able to resist congregating outside the stadiums on match day.

Guest DAVIDB69
The First Minister is also savvy enough to know there is a lot of brain dead moron supporters of the Old Firm who would not be able to resist congregating outside the stadiums on match day.

I get that , but if we wait on that , we will probably have next to no football left in this country .

If the likes of the Czech Republic seem to making plans , no reason why we should not be . we can’t just wait on vaccines as the vast majority of European club football will and are passing us by making some kind of plans.

If we don’t at least get some of guidelines vast majority of clubs will be finished

Some people are stupid enough to think that's why we won't have games behind closed doors.

9 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I get that , but if we wait on that , we will probably have next to no football left in this country .

If the likes of the Czech Republic seem to making plans , no reason why we should not be . we can’t just wait on vaccines as the vast majority of European club football will and are passing us by making some kind of plans.

If we don’t at least get some of guidelines vast majority of clubs will be finished

Some countries, such  as the Czech Republic have made a better deal of containing the virus. Plenty of other leagues haven't made plans either.

its not possible to make plans right now until we have the virus under control. Some leagues have the finance to do mass testing of the players, Scotland doesn't.

i highly doubt that it's realistic for any cross border football to be played this year

Guest DAVIDB69
Some countries, such  as the Czech Republic have made a better deal of containing the virus. Plenty of other leagues haven't made plans either.
its not possible to make plans right now until we have the virus under control. Some leagues have the finance to do mass testing of the players, Scotland doesn't.
i highly doubt that it's realistic for any cross border football to be played this year

That means we have to accept that we are probably near the bottom of the 55 UEFA nations in being able to move forwards then.

So when it gets to May 25th and we say to uefa say sort don’t have any plans to finish season can’t afford to, we can’t start another season either despite the reconstruction nonsense going on.

We would probably have to be withdrawn from European tournaments next season as well

1 minute ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Agree re cross border games

But this pandemic could be the ideal. scenario for UEFA to get what they’ve been advocating for the last few years

6 teams from Germany, Italy, England and Spain (wait only 5 from Spain and throw in PSG from France)

To hell with Benelux, Scandinavia, Baltic, Eastern Europe, Portuguese, French (only one big club there anyway) and the rest of United Kingdom nations.
That way UEFA don’t need pre qualifying rounds and it brings in more money for the blazers and the elite clubs in those nations 

Just like in this country with the Old Firm were all right butto hell with the rest of yous 

BUT the will still be wanting all the fans of the discarded countries to subscribe to watch the great elite strutting there stuff