SPFL to play out games

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

That means we have to accept that we are probably near the bottom of the 55 UEFA nations in being able to move forwards then.

So when it gets to May 25th and we say to uefa say sort don’t have any plans to finish season can’t afford to, we can’t start another season either despite the reconstruction nonsense going on.

We would probably have to be withdrawn from European tournaments next season as well

It's a bit of nonsense to think we are going to be the only nation with problems. We do have plans to finish the season, for all the talk of planning games, the season will finish as is. Reconstruction may or may not happen, but Uefa will not care about it.
It's also optimistic to think that there will be European football next season and if there is Scottish football will be participating as normal

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Interesting now with UEFA turning up the heat giving a deadline for May 25th for setting out plans.

I get that we can’t really function without fans but we will have to come up with something.

If we don’t I do think there is strong chance our clubs will be sitting out Europe next season .

That is exactly why they voted to allow SPFL board to make decision to end season. If it gets close to that deadline and were still not able to get back playing/identify when etc they can call the league as is, allowing clubs to get into Europe.

The League winners making the group stages of Champions League is of benefit to all clubs as all clubs in Premiership get £££ should Celtic make it that far. 

-----------

You're right though we do need to do "something" as behind closed doors might not be an option but we also cant just wait till say next year. Plenty clubs will be bust by then. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

The question I have is, say they play the final games behind closed doors, is Budge going to continue calling for league reconstruction if her team manage to sneak their way out of the relegation spot?

3 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

We would probably have to be withdrawn from European tournaments next season as well

With a 14 day quarantine period on entry to the UK no British teams could play in UEFA competitions

They might need to have an event for some nations but I doubt we will be taking part. 

The question I have is, say they play the final games behind closed doors, is Budge going to continue calling for league reconstruction if her team manage to sneak their way out of the relegation spot?
I the dream scenario we play the games and hearts still get relegated.

Just now, Romeo said:
10 minutes ago, Ric said:

I the dream scenario we play the games and hearts still get relegated.

This.

7 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

If we don’t I do think there is strong chance our clubs will be sitting out Europe next season .

UEFA said last week that leagues could end early, if Government advice/rulings mean they cant end the season naturally before August, and retain their European places.

I've explained this to you at least twice in the past few days, yet you still constantly froth your way around the forum proclaiming doom.

Genuinely believe you wander around City centres in your spare time telling folk the end is nigh.

Edited by RandomGuy.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

UEFA said last week that leagues could end early, if Government advice/rulings mean they cant end the season naturally before August, and retain their European places.

I've explained this to you at least twice in the past few days, yet you still constantly froth your way around the forum proclaiming doom.

Genuinely believe you wander around City centres in your spare time telling folk the end is nigh.

He's working an 'SNPBAD!!!!' angle.

Best he be ignored.

15 hours ago, Ric said:

Absolutely not. Which is why there should be no reconstruction as it’s only being done for the benefit of 2 out of 42 clubs. An utter nonsense.

21 hours ago, Romeo said:
21 hours ago, Merkland Red said:
The First Minister is also savvy enough to know there is a lot of brain dead moron supporters of the Old Firm who would not be able to resist congregating outside the stadiums on match day.

Some people are stupid enough to think that's why we won't have games behind closed doors.

I'm interested in your response Romeo. Was it the fact I criticised some Celtic supporters or was it the fact there was a mention of Rangers that drew your attention to it.

If you don't think there is plenty bams from either team with nothing else to do than turn up at the stadium you are mistaken.

Other clubs will of course have the same issue but nothing like the scale of either of the two most well supported clubs.

56 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm interested in your response Romeo. Was it the fact I criticised some Celtic supporters or was it the fact there was a mention of Rangers that drew your attention to it.

If you don't think there is plenty bams from either team with nothing else to do than turn up at the stadium you are mistaken.

Other clubs will of course have the same issue but nothing like the scale of either of the two most well supported clubs.

More to the point 

Rangers and Celtic shouldn't be allowed to play each other till the Accident and Emergency wards have enough capacity to deal with it