Masks  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

More and more debates about whether we should be wearing masks these days - I'm sure I read that Costco want customers to wear masks

Do you wear a mask? Would you?

etc.

Masks, ladies and gentlemen. 

I’m a bank robber.

Only if it's compulsory. Never felt the need to wear one yet. 

If some businesses decide I need a mask to enter their premises, I'll go elsewhere. 

I cover my face if I'm going into an enclosed space with other people that isn't my home.  So if I'm going out for a walk then I don't but if I'm going to a shop or a pharmacy then I do.  My wife had to go into her work yesterday and she wore a mask when she was in there.  I bought some masks from Amazon but there was only 10 in the pack so I use a scarf to maintain them as my wife prefers to use the actual facemasks.  We also wear latex gloves when we are out. 

I don't have an issue wearing one, the problem now is sourcing them without having to sell a kidney.  

I'm not talking about the bits of cloth with elastic bands attached to them that you see advertised now, I mean ones that actually work to some fashion.

If using public transport, yes. Looks likely this will be compulsory. 

Otherwise, no. Unless of course this too is mandated.

One thing that I hope comes out of this is that the workplace warrior who will turn up and cough and splutter the entire day, will stay at home instead. This ought to be something that is heavily enforced by management. 

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I don't have an issue wearing one, the problem now is sourcing them without having to sell a kidney.  

I'm not talking about the bits of cloth with elastic bands attached to them that you see advertised now, I mean ones that actually work to some fashion.

Wrapping anything round your face works to some fashion.

The virus in the current pandemic has particles that are generally bigger than 0.02 microns.

10 minutes ago, Michael W said:

One thing that I hope comes out of this is that the workplace warrior who will turn up and cough and splutter the entire day, will stay at home instead. This ought to be something that is heavily enforced by management. 

There has to be a mix of both. A gaffer in my work openly threatens folk with their jobs for having the audacity to be ill. He himself had a cold/flu for 6 weeks that he couldn't shift at the end of last year. He was in everyday. 

I'd say its more work pressure and fear of losing your income altogether rather than a temporary drop that forces most people into attending whilst ill. 

44 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Only if it's compulsory. Never felt the need to wear one yet. 

If some businesses decide I need a mask to enter their premises, I'll go elsewhere. 

27 minutes ago, Dele said:

This. 

I won't be wearing one. 

I cannot fathom this sort of view. What is so upsetting about wearing something over your face that you would actively avoid places it was compulsory?

28 minutes ago, Dele said:

This. 

I won't be wearing one. 

Even if it colour coordinates? Don't really get the vanity thing about them if they work, especially on a crowded train or the like.

The answer I would vote for isn't there. "Yes, but it would have to be mandatory"

Wearing a mask is for other people's protection. I will protect them so long as they in turn protect me.

There would also need to be a reputable source to obtain them. Amazon etc is awash with masks atm, but i've no idea if they are decent or not.

29 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I cannot fathom this sort of view. What is so upsetting about wearing something over your face that you would actively avoid places it was compulsory?

Let them be. I'd rather go to places that selfish c***s don't want to go.

26 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Luckily, it doesn't matter that you can't fathom it.  Why do you assume im upset? 

I just don't think I need to wear one. Yet. Its that simple. No need to get excited about it. If I change my mind (and I might) then I'll wear one. But I've not read anything yet that convinces me. 

1 minute ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Let them be. I'd rather go to places that selfish c***s don't want to go.

:lol:

Aw bless. 

When im out and about (within the guidelines before you start) mask wearing is a massive minority round here. Lot of selfish c***s around according to you. 

Of course, you'll be squeaky clean aren't you? Bellend! 

35 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Because if I don't want to wear a mask, I won't. It's really that simple. 

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Even if it colour coordinates? Don't really get the vanity thing about them if they work, especially on a crowded train or the like.

It's nothing to do with vanity. If it was I wouldn't be leaving the house with the head of hair I have at the moment. 

Guest JTS98

Face masks have been essential-wear where I am for about 6 weeks now whenever outside your own flat or house. You won't get into any shop without one.

I don't like wearing them, but it just becomes normal after a while.

Yesterday one of my air conditioning units was leaking so I had to have a guy come to fix it as that can become a damp issue. I put a mask on for the whole time he was here even though I didn't have to. Jut to put him at ease, really. A matter of courtesy.

I'll probably continue to wear one longer than is absolutely necessary for that reason.