Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

If I remember correctly, with reference to EBTs, it was the non disclosure of information, side letters and such like by the club that led folk to believe that titles should be stripped and all sorts

Now it seems people are quite happy for the SPFL to refrain from disclosing as much vital information as they want, with no recompense

funny that

4 hours ago, JTS98 said:

I've broadly defended his work for years. As I mentioned above, I think he's a pretty good journalist in the context of the Scottish football scene. Definitely above average.

Please tell me you are having a laugh... 

5 minutes ago, St3vie said:

Right, so in the dossier today, it is in black and white that the SPFL did not include any information about a potential £10m liability to broadcasters if clubs voted to end the leagues, and did not include any information about what it saw as “substantial problems” around league reconstruction, in a paper sent to all clubs with regards to what they were about to vote on....the very thing that these two things were a consequence of

Yet at the same time, they basically lied to clubs through saying they had no means to advance money to clubs without ending the league

You are ok with this?

You are ok with that paper being sent out without the SPFL board approving it?

You are ok with the SPFL omitting factual information, while peddling lies at the same time?

....and you call me gullible?

Were you as concerned and vociferous about the conduct of the (then) SFL and subsequent SPFL board members in 2012 when they ripped up their own constitution and rules to accommodate and facilitate the newly formed Sevco/The rangers International Ltd after the industrial scale cheating that had been going on for a decade ??  Did you feel then that, from a fairness and transparency perspective, the old rangers should have been given the same treatment and punishment as Gretna, who also went into administration owing numerous creditors ??   The main difference between Gretna and the old, now deceased, rangers was around £160m.

6 minutes ago, St3vie said:

That may well be the case

simple point then......why couldnt the SPFL reference that in their correspondence?

Presumably because it was already known, whether the leagues were declared null and void or decided on points scored before the lockdown, the potential for difficulties with the Sky contract would be the same. Unless you're suggesting they should have kept playing through the Covid?

28 minutes ago, St3vie said:

Simple point to be made here

The SPFL could make all this go away by simply answering some of these questions that are being put to them. If there is nothing to hide and no bullying, coercion or improper conduct of any kind, simply answer the questions and tell us what happened

Instead of doing that, all they are doing is issuing whitewash statements basically saying “nothing to see here, please move on”, and trying to discredit Rangers and anyone who questions them.

Poor show

If you want an answer to a dry procedural question, normal practice is to ask that question.

It is not normal practice to fling about baseless allegations and demands for suspension for a month then ask.

Rangers unprofessional approach has undermined any constructive moves in the direction that they claim to want. 

1 minute ago, hearthammer said:

Were you as concerned and vociferous about the conduct of the (then) SFL and subsequent SPFL board members in 2012 when they ripped up their own constitution and rules to accommodate and facilitate the newly formed Sevco/The rangers International Ltd after the industrial scale cheating that had been going on for a decade ??  Did you feel then that, from a fairness and transparency perspective, the old rangers should have been given the same treatment and punishment as Gretna, who also went into administration owing numerous creditors ??   The main difference between Gretna and the old, now deceased, rangers was around £160m.

You may not believe this, but I argued that at the time

if we were out the SPL, we should have been thrown out the leagues completely and forced to reapply along with the likes of Spartans and other clubs

It was the authorities who chose to bend and break their own rules, and keep Rangers in the leagues....because it is what THEY wanted.

I was also very vocal about my belief that any money from Rangers televised matches back then should have went to division 3 clubs and not the top tier, but guess where it went to....

Im quite glad you brought this up actually, as what happened in 2012 shows exactly what lengths the football authorities in this country are willing to go to when they are looking to secure an outcome they specifically want....hell they were trying to place us in the first division ffs

Seems the same thing is happening here, and it’s only a handful of clubs including Rangers who are kicking up a stooshie about it

7 hours ago, St3vie said:

Simple point to be made here

The SPFL could make all this go away by simply answering some of these questions that are being put to them. If there is nothing to hide and no bullying, coercion or improper conduct of any kind, simply answer the questions and tell us what happened

Instead of doing that, all they are doing is issuing whitewash statements basically saying “nothing to see here, please move on”, and trying to discredit Rangers and anyone who questions them.

Poor show

Your c**t club has no credit, so it can't be discredited.

6 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

Slurp slurp from wee Spiers there. What an absolute lickspittle of a man.

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

In most civilised societies the onus is on the accuser to prove the accused's guilt. Innocent until proven guilty. 

It's up to Rangers to show us the evidence they have that is actual proof of wrongdoing.

I'm amazed that so many Rangers fans are still being gulled and manipulated by their own board.

Really? They're absolutely desperate to believe in some mad conspiracy. They'll instantly and unquestioningly believe almsot anything that their club says.

I was going to say that their fanbase is packed full of slobbering, bigot mutants, but that would be a grievous insult to slobbering, bigot mutants.

6 hours ago, St3vie said:

Right, so in the dossier today, it is in black and white that the SPFL did not include any information about a potential £10m liability to broadcasters if clubs voted to end the leagues, and did not include any information about what it saw as “substantial problems” around league reconstruction, in a paper sent to all clubs with regards to what they were about to vote on....the very thing that these two things were a consequence of

Yet at the same time, they basically lied to clubs through saying they had no means to advance money to clubs without ending the league

You are ok with this?

You are ok with that paper being sent out without the SPFL board approving it?

You are ok with the SPFL omitting factual information, while peddling lies at the same time?

....and you call me gullible?

Just because Sevco said something doesn't mean it is true. Sevco have a poor track record when it comes to fact and truth.

Edited by DA Baracus

10 minutes ago, St3vie said:

If I remember correctly, with reference to EBTs, it was the non disclosure of information, side letters and such like by the club that led folk to believe that titles should be stripped and all sorts

Now it seems people are quite happy for the SPFL to refrain from disclosing as much vital information as they want, with no recompense

funny that

Who's happy with the SPFL? 

They've made a c**t of it. 

Only to be upstaged by a noisier shambles. 

7 minutes ago, St3vie said:

funny that

WOW! Comparing  over 10 years of cheating to withholding sensitive information.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Just in from work. Has Scottish football been brought to it's knees by the might Klan?

Publicly celtic have been rather quiet so far. 

10 minutes ago, St3vie said:

If I remember correctly, with reference to EBTs

Here we fucking go, get the corpse back out...

9177964_200(3).gif.c9339f82a3076a3ca0b80d1fb188c2e9.gif

A live Rangers fan and EBT chat, proper old school P&B

20 minutes ago, St3vie said:

funny that

21 minutes ago, St3vie said:

funny that

What is a side letter?