Conquering Britain & Ireland

November 2029

uOfqm3f.png

Just the one game this month - a loss to Dundalk as they secured an unbeaten season.

It does mean that almost half the goals they conceded this season were against us, and we've done alright against them in 3 out of 4 games against them. If we can do the same next season, pick up against the rest and hope they collapse somewhat then we're in with a shout. 

xLCBnsX.png

70 points is some haul - but them getting 96 meant there was no chance.

Coming second also meant...

JCL19sW.png

So we're not quite as fucked financially anymore.

I also realised why Dundalk are so far ahead...

XhPLW6G.png

Denmark under 21's

SzxAFJc.png

Israel were a lot better than I expected, but we managed to win comfortably in the end, and then beat Serbia again - so I'd say 2nd at minimum is all but confirmed.

5Qf8MVK.png

Given ourselves some breathing space - Belgium Serbia drew with each other which was very helpful - beat Kazakhstan, Malta and Israel again and we're there.

KTgzWsJ.png

Again, I have no idea how my keeper gets this every year.

Just to reiterate, Dundalk conceded 9 goals across 36 games, and their main keeper kept 24 clean sheets in 29 games. Our guy got 8 clean sheets in 36 games, and conceded 49 goals.

I can only assume that the Dundalk keeper only needs to make about 3 saves a season.

Reading this makes me feel better about my own struggles with Celtic. Dundalk seem like they're even more dominant.

I wish you the best of luck.

Transfer Window

yknqtVf.png

kI1iv2R.png

Outgoings first, as always. Was a shame to see Hill and Gorman go, they've been good players, but sadly not good enough if I'm going to have any chance of overturning Dundalk.

Finsterer leaving has necessitated a new reserve keeper, other than that nothing major.

bqxBdsK.png

kGgEIjW.png

Not too many signings - 4 that I'm very pleased with, and one that is basically fine, I suppose.

I'll start with the shit one. Connor O'Malley - He's here to sit on a bench and will hopefully never be required to actually play.

Spoiler

Y0a68ux.png

Next up, Mahlon Romeo, who'll be my right back this season. He's ok defensively, and should have some end product, so I'm pleased with this.

Spoiler

XtkGKJ8.png

Next up, John Stones. Aye, that one. He's old as f**k, and is planning on retiring half way through my season, but I'm hoping that I can get a good half season out of him. He's probably the only defender in the division who can also play football a bit, so that's nice.

Spoiler

S9m7JAU.png

David Ostojic is a right winger, and looks good. Again, he should have some end product, which would be lovely.

Spoiler

4epqz5o.png

Final signing was Dennis Pennell, a centre or attacking midfielder. The fact he can play further forward relatively well is huge - last season if my Lursmanashvili was out or having a shocker, I have basically nothing to replace him, but I should be better equipped now. He looks pretty decent overall, and will be a starter normally.

Spoiler

ShD70zz.png

So, that's the team. Hopefully we can improve on last season and give Dundalk a run for their money...

February 2030

AxHqtDn.png

A good start to the season. Handing out a pumping to Cork City is becoming something of a ritual, which is nice. And Bohemians were good last season, so beating them is a good barometer of how we'll get on.

ur0DE2s.png

Fucking Dundalk :lol:

TcOKvks.png

Well, that's nice of them.

March 2030

9s50WqQ.png

We were 2 up on Dundalk and threw it away, but I suppose not losing to them is something. Was furious to throw it away against Limerick, and especially losing to fucking Waterford again.

lZcVuQd.png

Sakes. We're doing alright, but as always, Dundalk are just steamrollering over everyone.

Denmark under 21s

6zADgv7.png

A good friendly win over Iceland, we've no more games until September and the rest of our qualification group.

April 2030

6vXYEYC.png

A really needlessly busy month, but overall a pretty good one. However, we're going to really have to start beating everyone else - not losing to Dundalk will mean f**k all if we keep losing to Bohemians or the like. 

At least we made it through in both cups - and Dundalk are out the League Cup, so we've got a chance assuming we don't make an arse of it against some lower league nobodies again.

pdTquLG.png

Shamrock are having a great season, and Dundalk are their usual, but we're doing fine  so far. 

May 2030

Ag5f8M8.png

Another very busy, but very good month. Another loss against Waterford was hugely frustrating, but other than that everything went our way.

ZRrq9Va.png

Fucking Dundalk - they've won every single game that wasn't against us - their main striker is having this as his season...

CjN1qKi.png

Munster Cup Final

Utskk4G.png

Well, for the 3rd time in 5 years, we're champions of Munster.

Pretty straightforward game, they never looked like getting back into after the first 5 minutes when we went 2 up. 

O2OewWE.png

Bit harsh to be bringing up a cup defeat from 7 years ago, but still.

June 2030

C4tY1WW.png

Just the one game other than the cup final this month - we won it and cost the Bohemians manager his job by doing so, which was nice.

M0rN9Cu.png

Still 10 behind with a game more played, and we're not that far ahead of Shamrock in third either...

Other newsworthy thing this month was the draw for the Europa League 2...

C3Ne4HJ.png

Ah, shite.

I imagine they'll be quite good.

On a somewhat related note, they're still after yours truly...

nI1QSSw.png

July 2030

WiyT56r.png

Lost to Dundalk in the last few minutes which was hugely frustrating. Other than that, a good month mostly - win against Shamrock allowed us to open up some space on them in 2nd, which is great.

We were 4 down at half time to Hibs, so to go into the second leg with a chance is more than expected. I still think I'll go out, but there's always that chance.

Iw0raIy.png

16 points behind with 36 to play for... They'll need to have an absolute collapse. Bearing in mind they haven't lost a league game in 62 games....

YLlWOhf.png

vx5r7bH.png

The transfer window also opened this month, and I added a couple of players.

Steven Jones joins on loan from Hamilton for the rest of the season, and has already got 3 goals from left wing. I had him last season on loan and he did well, so hopefully does so again.

Spoiler

0s9qDY6.png

Edgar Ligertwood can play all across the defence. He's played for Hearts and Raith previously, which is decent pedigree by Irish league standards. Mostly here to be able to cover a load of positions.

Spoiler

iJY8koq.png

17 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Time for Dundalk to f**k off to a North Atlantic super league.

I'd be absolutely delighted. I'm just waiting on them insisting on their youth team going into the lower division for the good of Irish football...

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I predict the big Cobh challenge next year. Will still be in with a chance until the last quarter before falling away. AKA: Aberdeening it

Can't wait for that to happen - I'm especially looking forward to throwing it away the second we actually look like doing something...

August 2030

4OjnNXx.png

Well, we've absolutely chucked it in the league at the end of that month - those two losses mean that it'll absolutely definitely be second at best. It was already a massive long shot, requiring a frankly unthinkable run of form from Dundalk, but it's done now. We've mostly played dreadfully all month, so frankly  the fact that we won more often than not is remarkable.

Still, we did ok against Hibs despite going out, are still in the big cup and into the final of the league cup as well, so that's nice.

mNAsPUq.png

Need to make sure we finish the job and come 2nd. Any pretense of a title challenge is definitely over.