The Dundee United Thread 22/23

20 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
14 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:
Could be some good news on the horizon with a few rumours suggesting that Levitt is close to signing a permanent deal at Tannadice.

That would be amazing. The pessimist in me can't see it, though...

It's not happening. Definitely another midfielder on the cards though. 

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Freeman or Meekison any good? Heard that Meekison was highly rated, but didn't think Freeman had been since his return?

Started out well but he's dead on his feet atm, could do with being rested but then the alternative is Kerr Smith at RB. 

New pitch and facilities away to get started at Gussie. Thank f**k cause I'm already annoyed at having to take the bairns to training at The Harps ground (although I think that may end up being the permanent home of the women's team and the girls academy?) and down to Gardyne too. 

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7122/OUR-ACADEMY-GUSSIE-PARK-REDEVELOPMENT-PROJECT-KICKS-OFF.html?key=dufc&utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Dundee United Football Club

Edited by ArabianKnight

On 09/12/2021 at 18:15, ArabianKnight said:

New pitch and facilities away to get started at Gussie. Thank f**k cause I'm already annoyed at having to take the bairns to training at The Harps ground (although I think that may end up being the permanent home of the women's team and the girls academy?) and down to Gardyne too. 

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7122/OUR-ACADEMY-GUSSIE-PARK-REDEVELOPMENT-PROJECT-KICKS-OFF.html?key=dufc&utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Dundee United Football Club

Does this put the stops on proposed development of Fairmuir Park? 

15 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Does this put the stops on proposed development of Fairmuir Park? 

15 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

That was pulled a while back. 

Yeah as Invergowrie Arab has said it got pulled. Local residents objected to it for some reason, was quite annoyed as IMO a decent 3G Pitch there with a community building surely would have added to the park but not according to the NIMBIES. 

The Fairmuir tennis courts are well used so you could have had like a little sports development facility there. 

18 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Yeah as Invergowrie Arab has said it got pulled. Local residents objected to it for some reason, was quite annoyed as IMO a decent 3G Pitch there with a community building surely would have added to the park but not according to the NIMBIES. 

The Fairmuir tennis courts are well used so you could have had like a little sports development facility there. 

People don't buy nice houses next to parks to have vulgar public coming and using it 

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

But they don't mind the pitches getting used for Saturday morning leagues 🤦‍♂️ 

I have members of family around that area and there were a few residents (including said few of my family members (who are also season ticket holders at Tannadice)) who were dead against it.

They formed a group called "Friends of Fairmuir" or something.

Free upgraded changing rooms, a 3G pitch and a good presence in the community booted out for no real reason other than "not in my park".

Fuds.

Livi have had our number for a while, going back to the Championship, so I can't say I'm particularly surprised. That performance, though, was as shite as we ever were under any of the previous halfwits we've had in the dugout. Thomas, if you're perusing this thread, digits need extracted or ongoing employment will be under scrutiny.

Thank f**k Dundee and St Johnstone are even worse.

Weirdly I thought that was one of our better performances of late. Bit more impetus and direction about the play. Just lacking a cutting edge up front. 

Definitely need to arrest this slump and I don't think McNulty will be the answer up front when he returns. 

Another defensive midfielder who isn't a maniac in January along with a competent striker would be grand. 

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Livi have had our number for a while, going back to the Championship, so I can't say I'm particularly surprised. That performance, though, was as shite as we ever were under any of the previous halfwits we've had in the dugout. Thomas, if you're perusing this thread, digits need extracted or ongoing employment will be under scrutiny.

Thank f**k Dundee and St Johnstone are even worse.

Will he? Will Asghar admit the experiment of appointing the tactics lad was a failure?

I reckon we'll get a consultant in called Tobias Azgharoth to steady the ship and advise Thomas during games too.