The Dundee United Thread 22/23

f**k me our squad is tracing paper thin. Niskanen and Clark haven't kicked a ball in 4 games and Pawlett has reverted to type. Even Mulgrew isn't the big influence he was - nobissue with his play per se but not the totemic leader he was earlier on.

Sitting there today laughing that the Twitter advent calendar goal today was Rory Boulding and saying we don't even have someone of his quality to bring on. 

Bring back Alex Nichol

Edited by invergowrie arab

Last week I wrote that if we lost v Livingston then TC will begin to come under a bit of pressure, and given its a results based business, that remains true.

But losing today doesn't cover the whole story. Although severely lacking in the final third (but missing both McNulty and Biamou) I thought we played well today. Lost to a soft penalty with a referee who's performance was utterly abysmal. Had the lions' share of possession, but it resulted in few clear cut chances. 

If it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all. Levitt injured in the warm up with a recurrence of the injury that's already kept him out for while. The threatening Freeman forced off with injury early second half.

Given the upcoming games, and the mounting injury list, this run could get a whole lot worse

57 minutes ago, Steven W said:

The threatening Freeman forced off with injury early second half.

At the time I thought the Livingston player involved was late with a challenge on Keiran Freeman, but was sat at the opposite end.  I was assured later that that was the case by a viewer on DUTV, and would like to see it on the telly. But we know that won't be shown in the same way (or any way at all) as Butcher's life threatening assault on the Celtic player last week.

As I've said on the match thread, Tam Courts, who I've given support to from his appointment, isn't going to get blind faith from me. He made an arse of it today.

8 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

At the time I thought the Livingston player involved was late with a challenge on Keiran Freeman, but was sat at the opposite end.  I was assured later that that was the case by a viewer on DUTV, and would like to see it on the telly. But we know that won't be shown in the same way (or any way at all) as Butcher's life threatening assault on the Celtic player last week.

As I've said on the match thread, Tam Courts, who I've given support to from his appointment, isn't going to get blind faith from me. He made an arse of it today.

Said this last week. I wasn't adverse to his appointment at all, but I, nor the United fans at large, won't be entering into any blind faith.

I don't know why subs were so late today - previously TC would make them much earlier.

We’ve been fund oot a bit and the 1-0s we had earlier this season are going the other way now. Still think there’s a decent starting 11 there but please sign a proper striker in January. Nicky Clark is really just a collection of atoms we’d be better putting Sporle up front and telling him to run around a lot.

38 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

We’ve been fund oot a bit and the 1-0s we had earlier this season are going the other way now. Still think there’s a decent starting 11 there but please sign a proper striker in January. Nicky Clark is really just a collection of atoms we’d be better putting Sporle up front and telling him to run around a lot.

Don't disagree. I'd add Glass could possibly play further forward too.

In my opinion, Clark's effort levels are second to none, but it's just not there for him just now. 

5 hours ago, Steven W said:

Last week I wrote that if we lost v Livingston then TC will begin to come under a bit of pressure, and given its a results based business, that remains true.

But losing today doesn't cover the whole story. Although severely lacking in the final third (but missing both McNulty and Biamou) I thought we played well today. Lost to a soft penalty with a referee who's performance was utterly abysmal. Had the lions' share of possession, but it resulted in few clear cut chances. 

If it wasn't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all. Levitt injured in the warm up with a recurrence of the injury that's already kept him out for while. The threatening Freeman forced off with injury early second half.

Given the upcoming games, and the mounting injury list, this run could get a whole lot worse

Fuchs completely blocked Shinnie off slamming into him with his arse and back, a def penalty, and absolutely no need for him to have done it when Shinnie was being ushered away to the byeline by 2 Utd players.

Also the disallowed goal on Obileye was that tight the lino couldn't possibly have made that decision with any certainty, thought without VAR being there to put a slide rule over it, they gave the benefit of the doubt to the attacking player, or is that just for the bigot bros?

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

15 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

I know you've made it your mission to counter absolutely everything I post here these days but it's okay mate Craig Levein still won't shag you. 

Delusions of grandeur lad - couldnae gie a f**k who said that we played well yesterday - it was just a weird statement that I chose to refute.

14 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

When we have four forwards and tend to play just one up top, I think the chances of signing a fifth are minimal. Injuries are a c**t but we don't have money to throw about.

More importantly we need some wide players. We've signed Niskanen, who has to play cos he's the only one and then we squeeze in Pawlett, who is not a wide player, Aperre who is not a wide player, Sporle who is not a player quite frankly, Chalmers who I'm not sure what he is, etc etc.

If Fuchs disappears in January we're fucked, so central midfield should be a priority. 

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Delusions of grandeur lad - couldnae gie a f**k who said that we played well yesterday - it was just a weird statement that I chose to refute.

You are literally the only person that red dots me and 99% of the time disagrees with what I say 🤣

Anyways, at least the young ladies know how to win something! Well done squad 🧡🖤 

20211212_140054.jpg

28 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

McMullan scored a belter last night, beginning to wonder if we made a big mistake letting him go…

Goal of the season stuff!

Sums him up imo. Works hard and runs about but ultimately offers nothing to the team. Often gets the team into trouble by over running the ball, mis placing passes or crossing the ball like a 4 year old child. And being bundled off the ball by said 4 year old child too. But this is something else 🤣

I'm sure someone will come along to tell me he's good because he's fast, works hard and runs about alot.

But so does a Golden Retriever.

47 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Goal of the season stuff!

Sums him up imo. Works hard and runs about but ultimately offers nothing to the team. Often gets the team into trouble by over running the ball, mis placing passes or crossing the ball like a 4 year old child. And being bundled off the ball by said 4 year old child too. But this is something else 🤣

I'm sure someone will come along to tell me he's good because he's fast, works hard and runs about alot.

But so does a Golden Retriever.

Or just provides assists for a large amount of our goals this season.