The Dundee United Thread 22/23

52 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not too sure selling Jeando to fund Tony Watt will go down too well. 🤫

Tbf I'd rather we got money for him now than watching him walk away for free in the summer. 

500k isn't to be sniffed at if it means a striker comes in. 

4 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

This is how I imagine the team will be lining up when we get back to business. 

Carson

Freeman Edwards Mulgrew McMann

A. Nother Levitt Harkes

McNulty Biamou Watt

Biamou?  Seriously?

12 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Carson

A. Nother Levitt Harkes

McNulty Biamou Watt

I assume this will be around April when both are fit.

6 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Carson

A. Nother Levitt Harkes

McNulty Biamou Watt

Whit? No Clark? 

More seriously, I wonder if Tam rates Niskanen, given his drop in minutes per match, but I'd have him starting a solid run of games again. 

A. Nother may well be one of the younger players. 

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Biamou?  Seriously?

9 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I assume this will be around April when both are fit.

7 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Whit? No Clark? 

More seriously, I wonder if Tam rates Niskanen, given his drop in minutes per match, but I'd have him starting a solid run of games again. 

A. Nother may well be one of the younger players. 

5 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Aye the 1st.

All correct. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Explain to me what Biamou has done to rate a place in our starting line up.

Nothing but I think Courts will want to play him there as a focal point for McNulty and Watt to play off of. He excelled for Coventry in that kind of role. 

5 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Nothing but I think Courts will want to play him there as a focal point for McNulty and Watt to play off of. He excelled for Coventry in that kind of role. 

If that’s the starting XI you think Courts will play rather than the one you think should play then fair enough.  I’ll let you off this time.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If that’s the starting XI you think Courts will play rather than the one you think should play then fair enough.  I’ll let you off this time.

Aye sorry I should have made that clearer, it's absolutely the team I think Courts will play. I've also a sneaking suspicion Pawlett might be away this window. 

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

Aye sorry I should have made that clearer, it's absolutely the team I think Courts will play. I've also a sneaking suspicion Pawlett might be away this window. 

Pity. He started this season brilliantly, but has gone off the boil in recent weeks, not that he is the only one.

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Would save a fair bit off the wage bill. If we could get him to perform consistently then he'd be worth keeping but he's been here how many years and other than a few good runs of form hes been mostly meh or injured. 

If he goes then id expect more of our Champions League conveyer belt full of youths to be starting.

One of Chalmers, Mochrie, Glass or Watson should be given his starting role imo.

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Pity. He started this season brilliantly, but has gone off the boil in recent weeks, not that he is the only one.

This is the problem in trying to determine who our starting XI should be.  Apart from Benji, Mulgrew and Edwards there has been a marked downturn in performance between the games where we were grinding out 1-0 wins and the last seven or eight.

Maybe other managers have studied Courts’ tactics and discovered how to neutralise us?  

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This is the problem in trying to determine who our starting XI should be.  Apart from Benji, Mulgrew and Edwards there has been a marked downturn in performance between the games where we were grinding out 1-0 wins and the last seven or eight.

Maybe other managers have studied Courts’ tactics and discovered how to neutralise us?  

I do think Courts got found to a degree, he was a bit of an unknown quantity and the players were stepping up a level with fans back in the stadium. 

Next step up is to see how he puts the players out the next few games with injuries clearing and covid cases dropping. Might have full strength bar players leaving for other clubs and then it's who comes in to replace them or which youth gets slotted in to step up. 

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I do think Courts got found to a degree, he was a bit of an unknown quantity and the players were stepping up a level with fans back in the stadium. 

Next step up is to see how he puts the players out the next few games with injuries clearing and covid cases dropping. Might have full strength bar players leaving for other clubs and then it's who comes in to replace them or which youth gets slotted in to step up. 

I was one of the biggest critics of Courts’ appointment but was delighted to be proven wrong.  The one thing that infuriates me is his unwillingness to chase a game when we are a goal down with 10/15 minutes to go; in particular his unwillingness to properly utilise subbies in this situation.

11 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Always keep an eye out for Pawlett as thought one day he might end up at Cove given he grew up in Aberdeen (well Banchory) and still has roots there. Whether he'd dip down to L1 though is maybe a stretch.

Heard rumours of Mark Reynolds joining us in January. Was similar rumours in the summer it must be said. Can't say I'd be enamoured by him joining. Too late in his career and not been playing recently.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

51 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Always keep an eye out for Pawlett as thought one day he might end up at Cove given he grew up in Aberdeen (well Banchory) and still has roots there. Whether he'd dip down to L1 though is maybe a stretch.

Heard rumours of Mark Reynolds joining us in January. Was similar rumours in the summer it must be said. Can't say I'd be enamoured by him joining. Too late in his career and not been playing recently.

Mark Reynolds would be a brilliant signing for you and I’d be gutted to see him go.*

*Health warning: this post may contain irony.