The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Still not sure we’ll make the top six but every point keeps us further away from the relegation dogfight.  Next three league games will be tough but if we can somehow get four points from them I’d be delighted.

BTW how’s our Dundee friends doing?  They’re usually on our threads here.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Still not sure we’ll make the top six but every point keeps us further away from the relegation dogfight.  Next three league games will be tough but if we can somehow get four points from them I’d be delighted.

BTW how’s our Dundee friends doing?  They’re usually on our threads here.

Yip, we're now just 3 short of the magic number of 38 that is almost certain avoidance of the play-off at worst.

As for our friends from over the road, they are in serious trouble. Not quite the stage of posting "GET FUCKING DOON" on all their threads all the time, but pretty close

I'll be surprised if we take anything from our 2 games next week. Livi are hitting form and our record through there is abysmal. Hearts have dismissed us fairly comfortably in our two previous games this season, plus them getting a win today could be a sign they've finally given themselves a shake after their poor recent run.

I'm not particularly optimistic about getting a top six spot, but I think we can be pretty confident of being clear of the relegation spots. Not because we're anything to shout about of course; it's just hard to see St. Johnstone or Dundee putting together the consistent run of form they'd need to overhaul us.

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

We will finish bottom 6 and put they diddies down after the split. As famous troubadour Tinah Tempah once sang, 'Its written in the stars' 

Literally sat in a European spot and you would still rather fantasise about this. 2016 fucking broke you.

36 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Yip, we're now just 3 short of the magic number of 38 that is almost certain avoidance of the play-off at worst.

As for our friends from over the road, they are in serious trouble. Not quite the stage of posting "GET FUCKING DOON" on all their threads all the time, but pretty close

Third time seeing United this season. Don't think you're very good going forward but very well organised. Looks like it needs an injection of youth who'll play without fear.

Certainly not a gang and miles ahead of your Tayside rivals.

19 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Literally sat in a European spot and you would still rather fantasise about this. 2016 fucking broke you.

I think it’s unlikely we will qualify for Europe.

A wee bit like yourselves.

26 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Is it any wonder? All we’ve heard from your mob since it happened was how it was better than winning the league, the cup, the Champions League and the Eurovision Song Contest all at once. Would be nice to be able to compare.

You know, as people who have actually seen our club win a few things in our lifetime and so are actually able to legitimately make the comparison. 

28 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You fuckin fizzing mate? 🤣

3 points between 4th and 9th and i dont think we have enough given our fixtures. If we dont make it, sending you back to the depths where you belong is more than an ample substitute

1 minute ago, Junior_Arab said:

Is it any wonder?

Any time United fans are questioned as to if the Doon derby broke them and that they aren't over it, they always have to admit 'Yeah'. You can have all the success in the world and try to laud it about, but mentally you'll never ever get over it, this emotion is etched into your brains.

Dundee FC vs Dundee United - The Doon Derby - Page 93 - Scottish  Premiership General Chatter - The Pie Shop

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Any time United fans are questioned as to if the Doon derby broke them and that they aren't over it, they always have to admit 'Yeah'. You can have all the success in the world and try to laud it about, but mentally you'll never ever get over it, this emotion is etched into your brains.

Dundee FC vs Dundee United - The Doon Derby - Page 93 - Scottish  Premiership General Chatter - The Pie Shop

Sorry, we're just not as used to getting relegated as you lot are.