The Dundee United Thread 22/23

36 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I said on another thread that I'm starting to turn on Kawashima a bit.

He earned us a few points with some great goalkeeping. If he had been shitter, we'd have been down before the Doon Derby, the useless-but-actually-quite-good c**t

Hes obviously not as bad a keeper as he seemed at the time - over 90 international caps, a few decent sized European clubs and a career thats lasted near 20 years - and playing behind that defence would make Buffon look like Harry Lewis at times.

Think the rigmarole around his signing put the pressure on and he wasn't exactly a big commanding, dominant keeper that we needed at the time.

6 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Yeah, if so I think we should just let Dundee have him to compete with the other winger we gave them that wasn't very good.

Sad thing is... Mcmullan has probably been our best player. He may be top for assists for the league this season ( could be havering and could be put right into the sea) however he has fitted in well .

I've nothing to else to add apart from maybe see you all in a few seasons time 

9 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Sad thing is... Mcmullan has probably been our best player. He may be top for assists for the league this season ( could be havering and could be put right into the sea) however he has fitted in well .

BBC have Tavenier and Ralston 1 and 2, with the wee Groin Stroker at 3. He was always a bit wayward with distribution, but not as bad as some United fans seemed to believe, and at least he almost always tried to be direct.

36 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

BBC have Tavenier and Ralston 1 and 2, with the wee Groin Stroker at 3. He was always a bit wayward with distribution, but not as bad as some United fans seemed to believe, and at least he almost always tried to be direct.

McMullan had some great performances for us, but was unbelievably inconsistent from game to game, and, at times, even within the same game.

I can understand why the Dundee fans were so pleased with him - he produced a similar number of great games, but straight from the off, and all back to back. Sadly for them, they are now starting to understand why we found him so frustrating, and why very few fucks were given when he crossed the road.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

McMullan had some great performances for us, but was unbelievably inconsistent from game to game, and, at times, even within the same game.

I can understand why the Dundee fans were so pleased with him - he produced a similar number of great games, but straight from the off, and all back to back. Sadly for them, they are now starting to understand why we found him so frustrating, and why very few fucks were given when he crossed the road.

Sounds like a why did the chicken McMullen cross the road joke.................................. to get to sign for the other side.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Sounds like a why did the chicken McMullen cross the road joke.................................. to get to sign for the other side.

Why did the headless chicken cross the road? 

Spoiler

Only kidding - I actually quite liked him at United

4 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Hes fitted in well at a Dundee team struggling at the bottom of the league, looking lost.

We were floundering for years in the Fundesliga till we got bailed out by Shanklands eleventy nineteen goals. 

McMullan is/was a regular player in both situations.

There's a reason he's not playing for a club pushing for top 6 or even bottom 6 nothingness. His inconsistencies vastly outweigh the positives he brings imo.

Runs alot and works hard, pacey, gets into some decent positions but ultimately cant cross, hit the target from outside the box or consistently turn up for more than a few games a season.

As @invergowrie arab says, McMullan tended to run the ball out of play, boot it out or misplace a pass after beating two or three players, wait for a fellow United player to take a good position then neatly pass it out the park. I do recall him holding onto the ball after getting into a decent position then being dispossessed easily as he was built like a toddler a good few times too.

Obviously, not my favourite player in any way whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Runs alot and works hard, pacey, gets into some decent positions but ultimately cant cross, hit the target from outside the box or consistently turn up for more than a few games a season.

Yet he is third highest in assists in this league n let's be honest my team is a barrel of shite. So he has turned up for us more than a few games certainly. 

Granted didnt work out over for you but if we had a half decent striker or players around him we may be doing better ( okay I'm kidding our defence is shite we are still down) 

I like him for us. Has did well.

However his shooting he shouldn't be allowed to do. This I agree 

7 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Yet he is third highest in assists in this league n let's be honest my team is a barrel of shite. So he has turned up for us more than a few games certainly. 

Granted didnt work out over for you but if we had a half decent striker or players around him we may be doing better ( okay I'm kidding our defence is shite we are still down) 

I like him for us. Has did well.

However his shooting he shouldn't be allowed to do. This I agree 

I'll agree with this for starters!

Maybe hes playing a slightly different style or role with you guys, I have no idea. If so, fair enough and its good hes playing well for someone finally.

But chances are it'll be Championship football next season for him, again. Not a pop at you, just pointing out his teams seem to be at that level.

If he’s available for free we need to speak to him.

There are lots of midfielders in Scotland who are decent, hard working types who could get a Bosman move down to League 1 in England and make more money than they can up here, but clubs wouldn’t pay a significant fee for them because there are a few like that available for nothing every summer. Even Fuchs probably came into that category. 

Levitt however is the kind of player you could easily imagine selling for a decent fee because he has quality that clubs would be willing to pay for. Which means he may get better offers than ours.

And yes, it is kind of sad that I think of potential signings in terms of resale these days, but that is the world we live in these days. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'd hope we've opened up talks to sign him next season. Another full season playing first team football will do wonders for him. 3 year deal please Tony.

Potential to be a class player.

3B1CD214-9E21-41AB-A771-D6B474E5BAB6.jpeg.41be3e875d9bf482a07dbde039ad21b9.jpeg