The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I’d take their pennies and get Ross in. 
After a fantastic start the team got worse as the season went on. Points return after 1st round of fixtures was poor and overall very similar to Mellon in terms of performance and points. Mellon was up against teams that were performing better as well I’d say. 

just my opinion but if we get papped out of Europe straight away (which is odds on) and start the season like we finished it the knives will be out. 
Genuinely hope he proves us wrong though. 

edit.. he did introduce a lot of youth though which is a big improvement from Mellon. 

Edited by low-life

1 hour ago, low-life said:

edit.. he did introduce a lot of youth though which is a big improvement from Mellon. 

This is a bit of a myth, right?

Neilson started in Melon's first league game when we were all thinking 'who?'

Kerr Smith got his debut days after his 16th birthday.

Courts fancied Glass and Chalmers so much he punted them out on loan and sold Appere.

Meekison got a couple of games midseason when we had nobody else then disappeared again till the season's end.

Same with Mochrie.

Graham is the only real youngster that has been really brought into the team and that was a surprise to everyone given his reports from Dunfermline.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You would have to wonder how Tam will react to United stopping him earning a substantially higher salary and increasing his managerial profile, when he obviously wanted to go down that line. 

Should in theory be exactly the same as if Courts had one of his contracted players wanting away but the bidding club not making a suitable offer. Got to practice what you preach.

52 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You would have to wonder how Tam will react to United stopping him earning a substantially higher salary and increasing his managerial profile, when he obviously wanted to go down that line. 

What's this based on?

1 hour ago, bobbykdy said:

Should in theory be exactly the same as if Courts had one of his contracted players wanting away but the bidding club not making a suitable offer. Got to practice what you preach.

Should be...

I wonder how the Tam Courts to Rijeka story came about? I seemed a bit aimless when it was first aired, then various media outlets here added arms and legs, such as United giving permission for the Croatians to talk to him. 

Quite a few assumptions made among the support, with a few (elsewhere) insisting the club should be releasing statements about the story. Was there really anything in the tale to start with?

Wouldn't be difficult, seeing as the DAB's are about 7 million in debt.
Thank you.
Again, we are indebted to the financial experts who follow the wee lower division team across the road, who failed to see two administrations coming at their own club.

Thank you.