The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Didn’t want Courts to get the job but was happy going into the new season with him still in charge after a decent first season (excellent league position but some rotten football plus hibs & dons were shite) and was interested to see if he could improve on aspects of his job. The biggest worry is who we replace him with if he accepts the offer, we got lucky with the Courts gamble so will Asghar gamble again with Fox or Goldie? Will this also interfere with recruitment of players which is going to be vital given we have no midfielders left. 

Listening to Sportscene and they're slavering away how Rijeka are playing at a far higher level than United.
They finished 4th in the Croatian league and therefore could play us if they win through in the ECL - so in a lower rated league and their average home attendance last year was 3,587.
[emoji2369]
Anyway, not really all that bothered, though would be fearful of who they brought in next.
rijeka are an unbelievable team btw

Tam Courts managed Kelty through their Junior years, so the the Croatian language is probably easier to grasp, given that he had to deal with broad 'kin Cowdengellyphinnans on a daily basis
He's from Lochgelly, dude

3 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
7 minutes ago, hearthammer said:
Tam Courts managed Kelty through their Junior years, so the the Croatian language is probably easier to grasp, given that he had to deal with broad 'kin Cowdengellyphinnans on a daily basis

He's from Lochgelly, dude

Indeed he may be, as is his brother Conrad, however his native tongue is Cowdengellyphinnans with an upmarket Kelty twang  😉😃

Just to add that Conrad Courts was also a very good player at that level as well as Tam, who, if i recall correctly, had a stint with East Fife (??) at lower league senior level.  He's a decent guy who deserves a good go at managerial levels in Scotland or abroad.

In terms of Tam being away, fair fucks to the guy. Hes been given pelters all season (rightly so at times) and, well, hes off to a country thats actually good at playing nice football. Id be off if I was getting pelters from an arsehole like me too.

Maybe his "philosophy" will come to fruition over there.

00128377.jpg.f4497d0c38d01293c47a99eadd826947.jpg

licensed-image.thumb.jpeg.ccfb5333b9249856747ad6b352d6a66c.jpeg

Its basically Dundee with more sun and without the bridge to Fife. Theyve even got the multis and the odd shitey wee boat. Just no Law. Points dropped but a good effort. 

Still sounds good to me

Edited by mishtergrolsch

3 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

In terms of Tam being away, fair fucks to the guy. Hes been given pelters all season (rightly so at times) and, well, hes off to a country thats actually good at playing nice football. Id be off if I was getting pelters from an arsehole like me too.

Maybe his "philosophy" will come to fruition over there.

00128377.jpg.f4497d0c38d01293c47a99eadd826947.jpg

licensed-image.thumb.jpeg.ccfb5333b9249856747ad6b352d6a66c.jpeg

Its basically Dundee with more sun and without the bridge to Fife. Theyve even got the multis and the odd shitey wee boat. Just no Law. Points dropped but a good effort. 

Still sounds good to me

What’s their competitive record against Barcelona?